It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Prediction professor’: Trump will be impeached

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I remember reading about this guy. He's the professor that correctly predicted a Trump victory by using "13 Keys to the White House" instead of polls. I didn't pay much attention to him, but perhaps I should have. He's correctly predicted every single president since 1984. And he has another prediction:

The Republicans will impeach their president.

Allan Lichtman uses a historically based system of what he calls “keys” to predict election results ahead of time. The keys are explained in-depth in Lichtman’s book, “Predicting the Next President: The Keys to the White House 2016.” In our conversations in September and October, he outlined how President Obama's second term set the Democrats up for a tight race, and his keys tipped the balance in Trump's favor, even if just barely.

I think the guy deserves a serious second look, but what interested me was his next prediction. And while not based on any kind of formula or data, the man appears to know his stuff:

“I'm going to make another prediction,” he said. “This one is not based on a system; it's just my gut. They don't want Trump as president, because they can't control him. He's unpredictable. They'd love to have Pence — an absolutely down-the-line, conservative, controllable Republican. And I'm quite certain Trump will give someone grounds for impeachment, either by doing something that endangers national security or because it helps his pocketbook.”

I was stunned reading this. Stunned. That's just downright dirty. That's nasty. The GOP had the chance to stop Trump, but they didn't. Turning on him like that? That's some serious back-stabbing.

He also seems to be on-point about polls, hindsight is 20-20 -- and perhaps more people should have been listening to this man:

“Polls are not predictors,” he said Friday in an email. “They are snapshots that simulate an election. They are abused and misused as predictors. Even the analysis of polls by Nate Silver and others which claimed a probable Clinton victory with from more than 70 percent to 99 percent certainty are mere compilations that are no better than the underlying polls.”

He also has a bit of advice for the Democrats right now, something I think a lot of them need to hear and understand:

“The Democrats cannot rebuild by pointing fingers at Hillary Clinton and her campaign, which as the Keys demonstrated, were not the root cause of her defeat,” he said. “The Democrats can rehabilitate themselves only by offering an inspiring progressive alternative to Republican policies and building a grass-roots movement.”

I agree with him. Hillary ran a hard campaign. She is who she is, and she didn't implode or anything. Larger forces than Hillary were the cause of her defeat. The Dems better look at the losses of McCain, Romney and Hillary to help prepare for the future.

The entire article is here, there's even a short video of the interview as well.

Considering the angry protesting Democrats, if you were to add angry Trump supporters over an impeachment...I shudder to think of what direction the nation would be thrown into.

edit on 12-11-2016 by Kettu because: spelling!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

"Just shoot him."
"What? No! Then they'd know we killed JFK too."

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I can imagine this being a real conversation in some dimly lit, smokey back room in D.C.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
yeah whatever. i dont doubt people will be trying to set him up. as long as he sticks by the populace he will be fine.

If he doesnt and goes full blown globalist we will remove him ourselves.

i dont think its happening though. Trump will deliver.

Democrats tried that psudo progressive path and look where it got us. almost 30 years of government corruption at the expense of hard working americans.

the DNC and RNC as they were are dead in the water right now. DNC is still shellshocked and the RNC are still thinking they will get their way. Its not going to happen. The movement is behind Trump not the RNC. This is not a conservative push its a populist push. Conservatism wont work right now as we are way past that.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
left wing hopes and prayers, but nope won't happen.

congress cannot just decide to enact the impeachment process, there has to be an actual reason for it. R controls congress right now, so them impeaching their president is about as likely as you stumbling across a briefcase with a million dollars in it, aka not gonna happen.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I don't like or want Trump as POTUS, but even I wouldn't support the RNC if they did this. They had their chance to stop him, they didn't.

Speculation is that they might slowly ramp up damaging leaks at the one year mark, and just after the two year mark once approval ratings are below 20%, they'll strike.

This would allow Pence to slide in for a year and half, AND run twice for POTUS. That would mean Republican control over the White House for nearly 10 years.

That might be a very attractive proposition for Republicans in congress ... along with all the companies/lobbyists that fund their campaigns.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
yeah whatever. i dont doubt people will be trying to set him up. as long as he sticks by the populace he will be fine.

If he doesnt and goes full blown globalist we will remove him ourselves.

i dont think its happening though. Trump will deliver.

Democrats tried that psudo progressive path and look where it got us. almost 30 years of government corruption at the expense of hard working americans.

the DNC and RNC as they were are dead in the water right now. DNC is still shellshocked and the RNC are still thinking they will get their way. Its not going to happen. The movement is behind Trump not the RNC. This is not a conservative push its a populist push. Conservatism wont work right now as we are way past that.

You need to learn your American history. Americans have had a several Republican presidents my friend. )))

Let us see...

Reagan
Bush
Bush Jr.

And that's just in my 35 years here.

Reagan for two terms, Bush for one, and Bush Jr. for two. That's 20 years of conservative, Republicans in the White house in my 35 years.
edit on 12-11-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Your speculation involves Trump failing miserably. I'm not a Trump fan/supporter, but I don't think he will fail as a president.

If NAFTA can be renegotiated, and the ACA goes bu-bye, he will be one of the most successful presidents in recent history.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

“I'm going to make another prediction,” he said. “This one is not based on a system; it's just my gut. They don't want Trump as president, because they can't control him. He's unpredictable. They'd love to have Pence — an absolutely down-the-line, conservative, controllable Republican. And I'm quite certain Trump will give someone grounds for impeachment, either by doing something that endangers national security or because it helps his pocketbook.”

Seems to me he is letting his personal feelings about Trump to make that Prediction. So I do not think anything even close will come of it.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Your speculation involves Trump failing miserably. I'm not a Trump fan/supporter, but I don't think he will fail as a president.

If NAFTA can be renegotiated, and the ACA goes bu-bye, he will be one of the most successful presidents in recent history.

He'll never get NAFTA renegotiated. He has very little support for that in Congress. VERY little.

And killing the ACA doesn't make him successful unless he can replace it with something better, as he promised. The system as it existed before was broken.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I think it'll be important to keep an eye on who he surrounds himself with.

Right now he's a political outsider, that's what he ran on.

He's hopelessly out of his element, and he is most certainly on an island by himself (with regards to other Republicans).

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
When a new POTUS can and will be impeached simply because people don't like / cant control them, then just push the red button and get it over with already. Why even bother? F dystopia!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Perhaps he could start with Glass Stegal.....?
that would be totally appropriate...
He could undercut a large portion of his opposition by sticking to basics......

edit on 12-11-2016 by Snippythehorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
No, they won't.

Impeach a President from, sort of, their own party? Like that'll happen. They'd never see the White House again in a generation, and not mine. I may not think much of the GOP, but they're not actively suicidal, in a political sense.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

He'll never get NAFTA renegotiated. He has very little support for that in Congress. VERY little.

Ummm ok, if you say so. The congressional majority is R. Trump will be able to do these things.

The system as it existed before was broken.

No it wasn't, with the exception of pre-existing conditions. Do feel free to prove me wrong there, but I assume I will be waiting a while for your google searches to come up empty in that regard.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Really? This was the headlines within 24 hours of Trump being elected.

Ottawa offers to renegotiate NAFTA in effort to warm ties with Trump

Mexico and Canada Announce Willingness to Renegotiate NAFTA

edit on 12-11-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

He's a political outsider that knows exactly how the system works. He was that guy that admitted to using it.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

my history is fine. your just trapped in a two party mentality. Bush Sr. and Junior were corrupt globalists. reagan was a populist and the last good president we had. before him was Kennedy. the rest have all been crooks.

wether they have an R or a D by their name doesnt tell me squat.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
If Donald Trump accomplishes 1/10th as much as Obama before being impeached, America will be 10 times better off!

Here's wishing you God-Speed President Trump!!!
edit on 11/12/2016 by carewemust because: Lock Her Up!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Really? This was the headlines within 24 hours of Trump being elected.

Ottawa offers to renegotiate NAFTA in effort to warm ties with Trump

Mexico and Canada Announce Willingness to Renegotiate NAFTA

Yes, really.

I said he doesn't have support in Congress. Are Canada and Mexico in Congress?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join