It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Americans are freaking out about losing Obamacare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Often drowned out amid all the cries to repeal Obamacare are the stories of those whose lives now depend on the health care reform law.

I asked CNNMoney readers on Thursday to write me if they were concerned about losing Obamacare. My inbox was quickly flooded with hundreds of responses from Americans desperate to say how crucial Obamacare coverage was to them and their families and how much they feared the Republicans' plan to dismantle it once President-elect Donald Trump takes office in January.

For some, Obamacare meant that they could get medical care that literally kept them alive. They had cancer, diabetes, depression or other conditions that left them uninsurable prior to health care reform.
SOURCE

Obamacare is terrible for the economy.

Obamacare -- Bad for Employers, Bad for Employees

Three Ways Obamacare Is Impairing Economic Growth

Here's a different view:

Bill Clinton calls Obamacare 'the craziest thing in the world,' later tries to walk it back

If the economy collapses too much, no one but the upper classes will be getting decent health care. The way I see it, there are a lot more people being hurt by Obamacare than being helped by it. A country can't destroy itself in the name of helping the less fortunate. There are better solutions.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Obamacare was going to be reworked or repealed in the next few years no matter what. It turns out the Affordable Care Act isn't really that affordable.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
if the dnc is smart they will help get rid of it. Since Obamacare was enacted they have been getting smoked in,elections for the most part and the swell has been building. The entire tea party movement was largely based around obamacare and trump getting inside the GOP as a tea Party operative was also largely the result of that.

They just went too far when they reached for obamacare as a way to implement single payer. The american people never wanted it and they passed it anyways loaded with all kinds of riders to benefit corrupt politicians. Its long term effect has been devastating to the economy as it has effected practically every industry in a negative way. it was nothing but a sham from the get go and everyone knew it. One only needs to go back and look when and how it was passed.

then when the supreme court ruled on it the slime from DC decided to revision history and claim it was a tax. Disgusting.

they tried to do it with amnesty as well and almost succeeded claiming it would be good for america...yeah OK. Cruz and Sessions are largely responsible for saving us from that mess. The DNC and the RNC were both trying to ram that down americas throats. also.... another reason trump was elected. Crusz and sessions will forever have my respect and admiration for outwitting both establishments on that one.

The latest was this TPP garbage which again they kept telling us how great it would be..... that was from both parties. Yeah OK... just like NAFTA has done us so well.

These people are scum. They cant even sell there garbage effectively anymore. Trump just called it out for what it was and everyone with half a brain was thinking the same thing. That was his connection to the populace and what propelled him through this election.

a reply to: Profusion

edit on 12-11-2016 by agenda51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I am so tired of saying the same thing so frequently. Why is there a need for ANOTHER Obamacare thread? How many have we had this week..maybe 5 or 6?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Obamacare was going to be reworked or repealed in the next few years no matter what. It turns out the Affordable Care Act isn't really that affordable.

Nice revisionist history.

Paul Ryan admits Obamacare is here to stay after Clinton victory

“The ACA is Here to Stay,” and for Hillary Clinton that’s A-Okay

www.youtube.com...

originally posted by: carewemust
I am so tired of saying the same thing so frequently. Why is there a need for ANOTHER Obamacare thread? How many have we had this week..maybe 5 or 6?

The negative reaction that we're seeing from Americans concerning possibly losing Obamacare is important, isn't it?
edit on 12-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

From what I read recently, Trump is keeping 2 pillars of Obamacare and gutting the rest. He's keeping the preexisting thing and that young adults can stay on their parents plan.

In reality it would take 8 dems to sign off on doing away with it all together. Trump has a better chance sending amendment to Obamacare through Congress making it in to something different and hopefully better. Dare I say great?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

nor does it provide care. my catastrophic plan before all this was 1,000 times better and a heck of a lot cheaper.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

those two provisions were also is the health care reform put out by the RNC.

That part is already in the reform and always has been.

Those were not the pillars anyways. Obamacare has one pillar and that is the mandate. Without the mandate it all comes crumbling down. Obamacare IS Mandated health care through extortion and its as simple as that.

Obamacare itself is done though. Bye bye. another extortion scheme of the backs of the american populace bites the dust. Biggest disaster the corrupt establishment ever put together and its only purpose was to implement single payer health care..... which nobody wants anyways. americans dont want government involved in their health care pure and simple and i dont blame them.

DNC is just reaping what they have sewn and i dont feel sorry for them one bit.

edit on 12-11-2016 by agenda51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I'm off the mind that Obamacare is working as intended

Drive up costs until healthcare itself is subsidized.

GRUBER: "Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage."

There you have it. And who can forget Nancy, with dat gravy.

It was designed to crush ish. A set of of federal laws, that you will be penalized for!

Let's see what the Republicans'll do. If they axe it (not likely) or modify it, they better than something in that's better than whats in play now. This can and will unravel very quick and very fast.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Then... maybe it's a real problem???

How many Trump/Hillary threads have you seen in the last week?

If you're tired of seeing the threads, why did you come in here? Oh yeah.... Just to bitch about the thread you didn't want to see.

....some people

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Nothing to worry about. Trump has a plan. He's going to replace the ACA with Health Savings Accounts. He said so. It works this way. People who don't get health insurance through their employer because they either work part time or are out of work just deposit money into this tax-free bank account so when they or their family member needs to see a doctor, dentist, or needs a prescription, they pay for it out of that Health Savings Account. So nothing to worry about. Well, unless because they are unemployed or underemployed they don't have the income necessary to make sufficient deposits to cover their healthcare costs. Minor detail. We'll work that out. Besides... millions of awesome jobs coming.. Health Savings Accounts... YAY!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Actually in my neck of the woods, people hate it, and many can not even afford it.

And as for people getting the care they need that is a lie, I got a story to tell by my best friend and her need for surgery under Obamacare.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Title is misleading. SOME Americans are freaking out. MOST Americans are jubilant to see the mess that should never have existed finally put down.

We need to pass it to see whats in it? Trump should pull that stunt too for any reforms he wants to make. It's fair after all, right?

top topics

join