It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a quick question for y'all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I wanted to know how many of our previously identifying "liberal" members now find themselves identifying with the GOP, or who have transformed since being on ATS? and also did any of the serious progressive SJW posters here help participate your change? I say all that because that's exactly what happened to me.

now lets jam to some music in celebration of the preservation of the free world.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Sorry...I don't think you'll get many (if any) converts from liberals here.
I could be wrong...but it's doubtful.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Was it one particular thing that made you change your opinion on things? For example, Obama doing such a terrible job.

Or was it a gradual change not based on a single person, thing, or event, but a culmination of things that led to a change?

Just curious, if you don't mind, and I understand if you do mind.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I think I might vote for the first time in my life for Trump's 2nd term. (Assuming he doesn't crash and burn.)

Does that suffice?

I think it goes like this: when you're in college, you identify democrat, when you're in the real world, you identify republican.

I live in the real world now.

edit on 11-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I have been mostly conservative most of my life, so the question doesn't really apply to me. But I do personally know some liberals who jumped fence for the first time in this cycle. I happen to be married to one of them.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I want to call myself a liberal.

I believe in marriage freedom
No bathroom laws
(fewer laws all together)
Legalization
Individuality
Lower taxes

How is that not liberal?

The authoritarian left is just the opposite.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I think I might vote for the first time in my life for Trump's 2nd term. (Assuming he doesn't crash and burn.)

Does that suffice?

I think it goes like this: when you're in college, you identify democrat, when you're in the real world, you identify republican.

Some say:

when you're 20 if you're not a liberal, you have no heart
when you're 30 if you're not a conservative, you have no brain
edit on 11/11/16 by Ameilia because: edited failing autocorrect

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Please dont do that I like you to much.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

A liberal is a conservative who's never been mugged.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

Leftist authoritarians have given liberals a bad name.
edit on 11-11-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Does that suffice?

I keep seeing these people crying and protesting and they are all so young like early 20s.

They are just children throwing temper tantrums. I wanna blame the millennials but the truth is it's our (gen-xers) fault because they are our kids.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Was raised by Dems. I was a dem for the first part of my young adult life.

I got redpilled in the Ron Paul days. (Heavy ATS influence). Went back and forth in the meantime.

Just witnessed my entire lifelong dem family vote Trump.

Doubt I will stay Republican, party line voting is just not a good way to be.

Been a great ride.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

So did SJW help you change? That is the last thing you wrote.

Personally nothing changed me other than seeking out the truth. I have voted both sides in my life. I am right leaning on some issues and left on others...mostly social for the left. Tho with Wikileaks i saw more right leaning social on Hillary's side.

Social issues don't drive me. It is big gov who answers to no one. And corruption that gov ignores.

With the new gov I don't expect much more cause in truth there is little they can do.

I was a revolt vote.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Never voted liberal in my life. IMO they are all frauds and their followers are weak minded fools that are easily manipulated through emotion.

99% of conservatives are half as bad. Many of which spew talking points and quote the founding fathers while trying to work the system in their own ways.

#1 problem with voters in the populace is they tend to vote in their own self interest and not have a real understanding of the short and long term effects of that mentality. Now we are at this point where we are going to have to do some radical things (Trump) to get this country functional again. many of which i dont like but its necessary.

99.9% of this is all avoidable if people would just stick to the fundamental principles in which this country was created. our founding fathers were pretty brilliant. Much more than what we have now. they had true wisdom.

Trump follows through with his agenda and goals and he might have just averted us from an all out war where civilians would have been killing civilians.

all the big government lovers should be happy with trump. He may have just saved it. we are on the verge of meltdown. All one has to do is look at the faith people have in government and the hardships the populace has had to endure due to corruption.

how successful he will be is tough to answer. He is in an almost impossible situation. Every aspect of american economy, culture, education, foreign relations, homeland security, immigration, healthcare, justice system, law and order, infrastructure etc. etc. is broken and jacked up. add to that our massive debt and currency manipulation.....sheesh. we literally are at the point where we are condoning killing the unborn for parts. We are messed up.

Its time we find our moral compass again, toughen up, and work hard. we have lost all of that.

Putting a non politician in charge is a step in the right direction... warts and all. Throw in some national pride and respect for our fellow americans and we are on our way.

Kennedy democrat/ reagan republican here/ Trump populist here

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: goou111

Leftist authoritarians have given liberals a bad name.

Not just a bad name, they've twisted it to be the opposite of what it means. There is no room in the same sentence for the word "authoritorian".

I have the same values as your above post. These so called SJWs have no right to call themself liberal. Liberals are free thinking, tolerant (live and let live), and generally believe in Liberty. Freedom.
Unless we need a new name for ourselves now, because we are not "tards" like some others keep saying.
🍻

top topics

join