It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about civil air liners...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well, since chem-trails are a popular theory, I want to ask something to people who know airliners...

Personally I don't believe in chem-trails but I saw something I was curious about...

I saw an aircraft on aproach above the city of Wijk aan Zee in the Netherlands which is close to Schiphol International Airport, 2 distinct contrails were leaving the engines in a fairly low alltitude, about 2500~5000 feet (very rough guess), it was leaving a contrail from the aft-section of the plane, where a nozzle sits which looks like an engine of some sort...

Kinda like what is seen on the back of this plane, do they dump fuel with this? I admit I know little about civil aircraft and their regular operation...

Or could this be "Secret Chem-Spraying?", This was right above a industrial area which pollutes quite a bit...the aft contrail lasted for atleast several minutes and was quite brief, but did last alot longer than the regular contrails...

I'm just trying to educate my self, i'm not really claiming anything...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If you are refering to the hole below the tail, that is the exhaust port for the APU or auxillary power unit. The plane has a generator that it can use on the growd to power its internal systems and leave the main engines off to save fuel.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Yeah thats what it is. I have been flying for 3 and a half years and know airplanes like the back of my hand. I would say that Chemtrails arent real. But yeah that is the APU, possibly the hot exause hitting the cold air outside causing a vapor trail. No they do not dump fuel out of their, on that particular airliner though (747), they dump the fuel out of probes in the wingtips

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Thank you for the responses! so I can breathe calmly and know i'm not being chem-prayed
(no pun intended)

I think I might become a steward or something sometime, I want to know more about aviation, I feel so...out of it...

MBF

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
One of the by products of combustion of jet fuel, or any other hydrocarbon, is water. Hot exaust produces steam, then in the cold air ice crystals are formed.

top topics

join