It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liberal Media Is Destroying This Country

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This isn't a dig or jab at democrats or liberals, I know lots of democrats, they just don't get into poitics and research the stuff like I do so this thread may be foreign to some of you, I do recognize that You guys do have good intent.

I wouldn't even begin to know where to start to paragraph this topic. It would take days to be done right and probably has been done before , I didn't see it. We all know through Podestas emails that all of the liberal media heads met at his house before Hillary announced her running. Us who recognize media manipulation and mind control can see right through it, it takes a while for some to see it and some never do.

Funny part is that it backfired this time. They provoked and insulted citizens throughout the country. Everytime a Hollywood actor would make a joke and say that's why Trump will never be president, millions of people would see that and think " ok we'll see smartass". Everytime they said "the uneducated' , Im like hello? minorities have some uneducated people too, Im sure they take offense. But then again some people cant see that stuff like some of us can.

I see racial harmony as all of us having good jobs and working together, being able to buy nice cars and a nice house and all have out own goals and plans. We will be working together and the work place can create bonds like no other. I don't think the liberal media will stand for that, for some reason they need racial division. Now to be fair, fox news only reports cop on black incidences as well. No wonder black people think the cops are after them and why cops are getting shot, that's all they report in the media is cop on black, never cop on white incidences.

Tonight they are focusing on the protests and riots, the guest are saying " its gonna grow too in every city",," its not going to stop" etc, inciting and provoking people into thinking that has a purpose. Once again, it wont work, just because the media says it will grow doesn't mean it will, haven't they learned their lesson yet ? I feel sorry for these people that cant handle loss, ive handles it lots in my life and it sucks but like death, theres nothing you can do about it.
edit on 11-11-2016 by beeeyotch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It definitely seems like the media is currently fanning the flames of anger. In my opinion democracy can be a terrible thing if the votes are split 50/50.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
You only need to look at the county map of the US for this election to understand what is happening.

The Dems power base is nothing but a bunch of scattered islands in a sea of red. The Media is used to keep them all on the same page.
Donald Trump invaded their stronghold, captured Wisconsin and Michigan and cast a spell of hope and change into the blue dots by promising to rebuild their isolated and crumbling worlds. The ghetto voter plantations have turned on them, their power base is showing the first signs of slipping away from them, they lash out in fear which is only natural when a creature is near death.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Maybe the FEMA camps are for them.

That would be a twist...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
How they wish they could spin it --

edit on 11-11-2016 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Just do like I do and not watch. That works wonders.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: beeeyotch

Every suspicion ever leveled against the MSM was confirmed this election cycle...and most Americans finally saw right through the bias and lies.

It looked like for a few hours after Trump's election, the MSM had a moment of self reflection. But now that a couple of days have passed, they are doubling down. They still don't get it and likely never will.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Wouldn't the real takeaway be more of how we accept and process information in general - liberal or otherwise?

We, as a society, have become complacent in ways that are troubling. One such way is that, generally speaking, we have a tendency to trust what we're told. I'm sure it's an honest trait and probably born of some very, very ancient adaptation that helps enable us to be social animals who cooperate. Sadly it's not a two way street. Many consuming information do so innocently and with trust - while those disseminating the information have no such purity to their motivations.

I doubt that most people, post education level, even think about the fact that books have appendices, much less bother to check them and verify the information they digest.

Personally I don't watch broadcast television in any normal sense. I stream a few TV shows and documentaries on various platforms - but avoid "news" from my idiot box like the plague - preferring to get my information online. Even then my habit is to Google every quote, stated "fact', assertion and claim - and then try to access more than one source of verification, if they exist, to make sure I get more than one point of view.

... And even then I realize that everything - all of it could be misleading or untrue anyway.

My point is... the idea of "Liberal media", IMO is dangerous and odd. Calling anything that massive and tightly controlled ( 6 billionaires own and operate it all ) "liberal" seems strange to me. Corporate media strikes me as as more accurate term.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: loam
It's not that they don't get it. I think they know exactly what they are doing. A lie repeated enough times unchallenged becomes truth to the eyes of the uninformed. There are still a ton of uninformed. They are trying to maintain control over the population.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

And nonsensical, poorly sourced, and flat out propaganda "alternative" sources are polluting American's brains.

Just because you agree with something doesn't mean it's grounded in reality, or correct.

"Truth" is hard to find. Bits and pieces float around in the ether. One cannot simply rely or trust anyone, or any source.

To truly be informed, one must voraciously devour all sources. Somewhere, deep down in the middle of all of it the truth lives.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Nice post! There's a lot of material here, so I want to break it down into parts that make it easier to absorb and respond.

originally posted by: beeeyotch

Funny part is that it backfired this time. They provoked and insulted citizens throughout the country. Everytime a Hollywood actor would make a joke and say that's why Trump will never be president, millions of people would see that and think " ok we'll see smartass". Everytime they said "the uneducated' , Im like hello? minorities have some uneducated people too, Im sure they take offense. But then again some people cant see that stuff like some of us can.

Well, there is always the possibility that when a celebrity spoke in that manner, they actually believed what they were saying too. We cant exclude that possibility; not everyone can fall prey to mind control. Also, don't forget not all of them were joking and take politics very seriously. Take Jon Voight for example, he was diametrically opposed to Clinton and his daughters views. Not that either camp couldn't be employing the same methodology but somehow I just don't believe that all of them were being disingenuous.

I see racial harmony as all of us having good jobs and working together, being able to buy nice cars and a nice house and all have out own goals and plans. We will be working together and the work place can create bonds like no other. I don't think the liberal media will stand for that, for some reason they need racial division. Now to be fair, fox news only reports cop on black incidences as well. No wonder black people think the cops are after them and why cops are getting shot, that's all they report in the media is cop on black, never cop on white incidences.

I would ask that you revisit the above paragraph, then after having reread it carefully, tell me exactly where there is profit for any company with employees as happy as you've described there. In fact, it almost runs counter-intuitive to the human propensity for competitiveness, and while it's a nice utopia to imagine, the reality of it ever coming to fruition is very slight, and not just because of Government interference nor corporate greed, but our own innate nature.

Tonight they are focusing on the protests and riots, the guest are saying " its gonna grow too in every city",," its not going to stop" etc, inciting and provoking people into thinking that has a purpose. Once again, it wont work, just because the media says it will grow doesn't mean it will, haven't they learned their lesson yet ? I feel sorry for these people that cant handle loss, ive handles it lots in my life and it sucks but like death, theres nothing you can do about it.

Like you, I feel sorry for them too, but I suggest that they probably ARE right, that it likely will grow in every city. There's also a fine line between what you call "inciting and provoking people into thinking that has a purpose" and actually reporting the situation as they see it.
edit on 11-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Maybe the FEMA camps are for them.

That would be a twist...

Yes, because internment camps screams "awesome country to live in".

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
... And even then I realize that everything - all of it could be misleading or untrue anyway.

It is for this reason that I walked away from directly participating in the online or traditional information media world for a couple of years. I came to the realization (a real crisis for me) that nothing, INCLUDING the underlying data of anything I digested, could be trusted. Everything seems adulterated in some way. And accordingly, the effort required to discern any real truth was too large a task for me to overcome the feeling that I was as much a part of the problem and perpetuating a grand fraud if I repeated any of it.

Took the joy of debating or asserting any piece of information right out of me.

So I get what you are saying 100%.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

You should get a look at a population map and then look at how empty that red sea really is.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Ok. Now given all that you've said, at what point do you suggest that we actually trust what we're being told?

When do you imagine all of that is going to change, or what will change it? Where's the actual motivation to change it?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
OP is a self admitted troll.

Ignore this BS....even if you agree with it.

Told you I wouldn't forget dude.

I do not forget. And I do not forgive.

Expect me asshats.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

My approach would be the old adage about never believing anything you hear and only half of what you see.

In practical terms I suppose that would imply an approach that avoids absolutist behaviors. An off the wall example - and one that hopefully won't trigger anyone...

I'm vaguely aware that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are divorcing. I'm also vaguely aware that Pitt supposedly had anger issues that led to the divorce. Working from that information I could potentially conclude that Pitt is a monster, or that Jolie is a lying manipulator out to smear an innocent man for nefarious purposes...

Or I could filter the information I have with my own life experiences and conclude that I don't know much about it and that chances are there are two sides and that both probably have their own merits and their own shortcomings.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: alphabetaone

My approach would be the old adage about never believing anything you hear and only half of what you see.

In practical terms I suppose that would imply an approach that avoids absolutist behaviors. An off the wall example - and one that hopefully won't trigger anyone...

I'm vaguely aware that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are divorcing. I'm also vaguely aware that Pitt supposedly had anger issues that led to the divorce. Working from that information I could potentially conclude that Pitt is a monster, or that Jolie is a lying manipulator out to smear an innocent man for nefarious purposes...

Or I could filter the information I have with my own life experiences and conclude that I don't know much about it and that chances are there are two sides and that both probably have their own merits and their own shortcomings.

While I'm sure it's intentionally selfish (and I don't mean that in a negative manner, but more like a defense mechanism to shield yourself from misleading data), there is also room for opportunity amidst all the negativity.

Some see a corporate media whose intention is to manipulate the masses in general to their will, to which I agree. But I see the opportunity - hmmmm - the underdeveloped landscape of valid data. Wikipedia got the ball rolling, but they stopped short of what's important to a lot of people, current events. Now couple that with a pattern matching algorithm and I simply smell opportunity. I may be digressing or railroading the intent of this thread by going any further, but you get the idea....its that I see the positive in all this negative.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

You should get a look at a population map and then look at how empty that red sea really is.

Apparently there are just as many in the red sea as in the cities, we just have more room to move around.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Someone needs to shut down CNN. MSN, HLN and the likes! They are sucking everything good right out of this country!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join