It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Art of (Civil)War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: gpols

In my opinion, I do not think we will have to wait that long. Something more akin to DPL etc.

DPL?

Please elaborate?

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

a reply to: Riffrafter

War is ugly and as old as man. I do not in any way wish for it upon anyone nor do I wish to deny the fact that it exists.

Maybe I'll have to rewrite the OP, it seems my prose is getting lost somewhere.

I think the majority of the center>right wing elements of society are going to be goaded into a confrontational situation which they will morally abide.

The protesters/rioters are being used for exactly this justification.

I'm truly sorry if I'm having difficulty expressing my views to type.

We're good brother.

But I have seen what war is like.

And it *so* sucks.....

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Dakota Access Pipeline

Government backed expansion of a private company. Mostly ignored by the media.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I've seen it through the lens of a computer monitor and in the eyes of some of my dearest friends, some deceased.

Honest question: Does my OP sound like it's condoning a civil war?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I've seen it through the lens of a computer monitor and in the eyes of some of my dearest friends, some deceased.

Honest question: Does my OP sound like it's condoning a civil war?

No, But it takes reading and re-reading to actually understand what you're trying to say.

That's OK my friend...we all need to think.

We're good.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Inching closer.

Strange and interesting times.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Inching closer.

Strange and interesting times.

It is, and I do think you're on the nose with the protestors being used as a chess piece. The scapegoating effect is in full swing, completely unimpeded.

Question is, if folks like you and I can drop the political gloves and see the writing on the wall in front of both of us (and not take the bait and thus destroy dialog) how do we get the rest from opposite corners to also see it?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Hmm, that is the grand question. I don't know.

We could jab back and fourth until we're dead but it doesn't solve anything and it's not changing minds.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

The protesters are nice middle class students, Feminists and intellectuals with a good smattering of teachers, who have never experienced a full on riot, with the Cops getting stuck in. They wouldn't want to.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

They don't have to be. The point and the point in the OP is that they are simply a mechanism. A taunt, a goad. People can only take the silliness for so long before a reaction is made.

The media, Hollywood and the government are pushing this emotional battle everyday since and before I made this thread. Both sides are falling for the hype and the BS that follows. Post facts are a real literal device now.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Yes they are pushing for it, but their soldiers are not up to it, that was my point.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Maybe your missing mine. They don't need soldiers, they don't have to do anymore than they already are. They are applying pressure. Now all that is needed is time. Whomever fires the first shot doesn't matter. For the most part, these protesters are legal in what they are doing so anything done in opposition would be in violation of their rights and/or against the law.

Then, in comes the authorities.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Excellent! there's a lot of truth and artful tactics to that book.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

I have yet to read all of it but clearly the quote in the OP is spot on.

ETA: Is it of any consequence that the people in the streets are acting exactly how their opposition pictures them?
edit on 31-1-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Yes they are pushing for it, but their soldiers are not up to it, that was my point.

You missed Jin's point, which is not-so-clandestine manipulation and scapegoating to achieve a goal without getting hands dirty.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

No I got the point, but its a virtual war already happening. The media and the agitators on the ground, look quite meaningless, Trumps supporters are the Gun owning blue collar worker who are totally pissed off with eight years of meaningless talk where all the jobs required to raise a family and accumulate some wealth, have been traded off to other countries by the Globalist mindset.
They would have already eyed up what they would be up against in real terms and wouldn't even bother, their would be no point in getting it on with teenagers angry women and some bearded intellectuals. Who's marshals would be the ones getting any remuneration from Soros, and the deluded would be the ones having to foot the medical bills, in some cases even family members. They are not even in the ring, with a chance at the title.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This is playing out in real time now.

Just this past week, two speakers were shut down due to protesters and rioters. All while law enforcement and the media looked on. Some witnesses claiming that in some way they were even encouraging it.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

The protesters are nice middle class students, Feminists and intellectuals with a good smattering of teachers, who have never experienced a full on riot, with the Cops getting stuck in. They wouldn't want to.

This is important to point out. These people need coloring books after an election. They are not fit for civil war.
Soros has not went against an armed populace like the US.
He cannot win a civil war with the children of the bourgeoisie.

This is obstruction. Stop as many of Trump's policies as possible, and stop investigations of various issues.

What is annoying now, is everyone including myself is hyper-aware of when people are pushing identity politics, similar to how leftist were being hyper-aware of cis-white males.
Now everyone is counting how many of each identity is in everything.
World's biggest eyeroll likely took place on that 84 lumber ad during the superbowl.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Seeing it play out even quicker.

Not going to be a very peaceful summer.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join