It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Art of (Civil)War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this since the conclusion of the election. I know many of you have as well. It's been sitting somewhere in the back of our minds and when it is talked about, discussion is slammed shut, and for good reason. I would wager that very few Americans would want any sort of civil uprising in which Americans are willingly or forced to end lives.

Follow me down the rabbit hole for a minute here. We have protesters in the street. The message that I am getting is that they want to do the impossible, turn the Electoral College on its head. The possibility still is there no matter how small. Now we have paid agitators as well as impressionable youth turning protests into riots.

If there is any recourse from the public against these protesters/rioters we would soon see an armed group vs and unarmed group. Where do you think the law sits on this? Well it would have to side with the unarmed obviously. With the media going into full overdrive supporting these rebel groups, I don't see the actual truth in a situation to be shined upon.

This is how I see the beginning of the end.

“Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

edit on 11-11-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Relax, friend. I don't say this as an insult... just to bring you back from the ledge.... you are kinda starting to sound like the protesters.

You know why these rioters/hired protesters will lose? They have no purpose to be there. They are causing trouble for the sake of causing trouble because they don't know any better and they have nothing else to feel a part of (like careers, spouses, etc).

In addition, these rioters will disappear because they will not get support from the "rest of us." The "rest of us," including White, Black, Spanish, Asian, Middle-Eastern, Caribbean.... we ALL want to go home after work!!! We do NOT want a bunch of punk-@ss twenty-somethings blocking traffic for their cause of the day!!!

Don't buy into the lopsided coverage the media gives these morons. MOST people are just trying to get through their day and take care of their families. These (alleged) "protesters" are the antithesis of that. They are yet another "flash in the pan."

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
most of the people in the crowds are there just to say they went. much like the occupy wall street, it will die out. a white cop will shoot a black soon and they will go protest that. feel sad for them, these people have no idea they are being lied to and used.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Relax, friend. I don't say this as an insult... just to bring you back from the ledge.... you are kinda starting to sound like the protesters.

Thank you for the sentiment. If my thread sounds like a cry for help, I apologize, that is not what I am trying to convey!

I'm seeing things like marshal law being begged for and a democratic process being protests. It raises red flags and I thought it deserved a discussion....I could be wrong!

I agree with your assessment that they likely will disappear. It's getting cold and outside their bubble of influence they are not receiving positive attention. However, this does not stop them from being somebodies useful tool.

I haven't bought into the MSM narrative for a very long time. I am one of those you speak of, just trying to get through life and laugh along the way. There are games in play here that I feel could present a real threat, but I am also a practicing conspiracy theorist and may be seeing shadows in every corner.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

You know why these rioters/hired protesters will lose? They have no purpose to be there. They are causing trouble for the sake of causing trouble because they don't know any better and they have nothing else to feel a part of (like careers, spouses, etc).

In addition, these rioters will disappear because they will not get support from the "rest of us." The "rest of us," including White, Black, Spanish, Asian, Middle-Eastern, Caribbean.... we ALL want to go home after work!!! We do NOT want a bunch of punk-@ss twenty-somethings blocking traffic for their cause of the day!!!

Don't buy into the lopsided coverage the media gives these morons. MOST people are just trying to get through their day and take care of their families. These (alleged) "protesters" are the antithesis of that. They are yet another "flash in the pan."

They will lose,because there is no time in history when a president has stepped aside whithout commiting some crime.

The only thing that will actually happen is either trump will not ban abortion, cut entitlements or end the OBAMA care subsidies, and people will calm down and move on with life...or he will and that gives millions of people an immediate tangible reason to vote against him and republicans.

And in 2 years they lose the senate and in 4 they lose the presidency and most likely the house.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Yep people who did not live through the 60s seem to forget just how violent and mean the streets can get. I think whoever is busing and funding the rioters should have a serious arrest warrant issued... regardless of where or who they are... Can anyone spell Soros ?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Just don't be surprised by anything.
Their Purple Revolution is based on "Desperate times call for desperate measures" ideology.
On the other hand, DJT has the complete backing of the entire western intelligence community.

Its going to be .........interesting, to say the least.

Buck

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I'll personally never seek out war of any kind. If it happens upon my doorstep I feel bad for war.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The Cubs win the World Series, Trump wins the election, it's Bernstain Bears now...

Anything is now possible, the chess board has apparently been reset. I don't discount anything now.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

What if it never happens upon your doorstep but the country still falls with nary a shot fired?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I'm educated in necessary skills. I have no problem going somewhere else.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

They're just protesting. They aren't seeking civil war. They are just acting out because they didn't get what they wanted and now want their participation trophy.

We'll see what happens under Trump. I'm not particularly expecting too much greatness from it myself might be surprised, but the first few months are going to be a crash course on him learning what the president can actually do. Then we'll see what he does in an attempt to expand his power when his proposals start getting shot down.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I'm educated in necessary skills. I have no problem going somewhere else.

I reminded of this:

Bryan: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who was thinking that.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

I think you missed or I wasn't clear in the OP. The protesters could easily become a useful tool for a greater agenda that wishes to undermine our democratic process.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Hehe Liam Neeson is a bad ass!

Being able to generate and store electricity with basic materials is also pretty bad ass, just not as flashy.

Oh, and being a crackshot with bullets and arrows helps too.
edit on 11-11-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I missed that part, but it kind of fits in with what my post was stating about them acting out about not getting their participation trophy.

Yes people are creating an environment to undermine our democratic process, but these folks aren't ready to take up arms and start a civil war over it and these tools are already being used.

What will be interesting is to see if the same tactics used against Trump get used against the next right leaning candidates running for office. The tactics of stoking fear, and appealing to what creates triggering moments in identity politics.

If that start's happening then a slow-mo coup is taking place.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

In my opinion, I do not think we will have to wait that long. Something more akin to DPL etc.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
You and I agree on many things.

But not this.

Art?

War sucks so bad and there is no art to it. Especially if we are fighting ourselves.

It's just flocking ugly - from top to bottom.

Still love you man, but keep your powder dry.

OK?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

War is ugly and as old as man. I do not in any way wish for it upon anyone nor do I wish to deny the fact that it exists.

Maybe I'll have to rewrite the OP, it seems my prose is getting lost somewhere.

I think the majority of the center>right wing elements of society are going to be goaded into a confrontational situation which they will morally abide.

The protesters/rioters are being used for exactly this justification.

I'm truly sorry if I'm having difficulty expressing my views to type.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join