It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's an Olive Branch; please take and pass on.. The Power of Forgiveness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
ATS, There's something I'd like to say. I'm sorry. I'm a rather opininated person, and if I have offended anybody with my passionate opinions, I am truly sorry. I never intended to bring harm to or annoy anyone, so if you are one of the people who got the rude end of one of my passionate posts I want to offer you an olive branch, peace pipe, or any other form of appeasement you'd like. I try to remain civil but am sure I have crossed the bounds here or there in this emotionally charged time.

And I also forgive any of you for upsetting me at any time. I've read some pretty divisive posts on here.. some of which have really bothered me; however, I think we all mean well. I think I live in a great country, in a great world as a matter of fact, and life is too short so I'd say the time for forgiveness is now. I urge each and every one of you to make a real effort to reach out to those you are most aggrevated by and forgive (and ask for forgiveness as well if you need to). Violence can escalate ad infinitum, but forgiveness stops evil short and ends it.

Still not convinced? I leave you with two powerful stories of forgiveness.. people who were victimized in the worst possible ways, in ways I pray you have never even dreamed of, who still managed to find it in themselves to forgive. I would highly encourage each one of you to take the time to read the links I will provide-- one story most of you have probably heard (the relatives of the Charleston Massacre victims) and one which you might not have-- the survivors of the Rwanda Genocide-- and I'd be surprised if after reading you still couldn't forgive your Democrat/Republican neighbor or co-worker or relative (or any other person you are currently holding a grudge over).

Thank you all for taking the time. These articles may change your life. God has already forgiven each one of us, now may we show a bit of the same mercy.. And remember, that to forgive is the very opposite of weakness; rather, it takes extreme fortitude. All of those mentioned in the following articles have the upmost strength and all of my respect and love.

Charleston

www.motherjones.com...

Rwanda

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 11-11-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Good advice....I posted my apology earlier in a different thread as I got rather rude a few times....

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkphoenix77

Thank you and I appreciate the comment. These are trying times and the power is within us all to bring good out of evil. Best of luck to you!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

You are a kind and decent person. That was nice

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Well said, and I agree.

Peace

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

It is a nice sentiment! Worthy of a Star and Flag!

Though, lately almost any discussion forum (not isolated to ATS) vitriol seems to be more desired than peace, so I suspect your thread here may be somewhat void of activity...however *I* for one just want to say great post and great idea!

(and maybe the negativity in my sentence up there will serve as someone elses desire to prove me wrong LOL)

AB1

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Sincere gratitude to everyone who has replied so far. I appreciate you taking the time to read and respond.

All the best to you!
edit on 11-11-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

top topics

join