It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls to Crisis and Suicide Prevention Hotlines Surge Post-Election

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: reldra

After seeing all the Trump threads and the trolling,I might have to call the suicide hotline soon too...and I'm Canadian!!

A silly example but not too far off....TRUMP GOES FISHING,FISH CLAIMS SEXUAL ASSAULT!!

There have been far more threads bashing Clinton, before and after. You have had access to the NEW threads section and the political forums these several months, I would assume?
edit on 11-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh please. I didn't end up wanting to commit suicide because Obama called me a bitter clinger and then legions of lefties kept that up. Do you have any idea that amount of mockery and nasty things I've been called for daring to be conservative and open about it?

They have no idea what real pain is.

I am sure they will appreciate you feel your pain is greater. Or it isn't, as you did not have suicidal thoughts. It is either one.

I'm not claiming either one. I am claiming that I have a healthier perspective on life because I didn't whither so much over what some stupid politician said that I felt my entire being was negated and I needed to off myself.

+2 more 
link   

Reldra, with all due respect for you

The schools, especially colleges who have given young students 'safe spaces' because a differing opinion upsets them so much is partly to blame for this.

We need strong young americans who understand others have a right to an opinion and that change will come again.

Instead of giving the young strength and an ability to discuss the differences without hostility they are teaching them they are the only ones who have it right.

Not to mention the national media who only reported the negatives of Trump (and there were many in the beginning), they never reported the positives.

These young people need to be given the opportunity to grow up.
edit on 11-11-2016 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

link   
Poor reldra, everyone is against you and asking to grow a pair when all you need is a hug

Calm down, and everything will be all right

Unless it won't, but if you look at the bright side of it, then you can say I told ya

edit on 11-11-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

link   

This is based on statistics from the time The National Suicide Prevention line started. So, obviously, I am not going back to George Washington.

Then someone shouldn't be making unfounded comments like this.

It is the first one that has caused this. I don't think it speaks to their intellectual ability to be able to vote.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Oh please. I didn't end up wanting to commit suicide because Obama called me a bitter clinger and then legions of lefties kept that up. Do you have any idea that amount of mockery and nasty things I've been called for daring to be conservative and open about it?

They have no idea what real pain is.

I am sure they will appreciate you feel your pain is greater. Or it isn't, as you did not have suicidal thoughts. It is either one.

I'm not claiming either one. I am claiming that I have a healthier perspective on life because I didn't whither so much over what some stupid politician said that I felt my entire being was negated and I needed to off myself.

It is lucky for you that you are strong and confident. It appears to me you are minimizing these real psychological problems others face as some type of character flaw.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Reldra, with all due respect for you

The schools, especially colleges who have given young students 'save spaces' because a differing opinion upsets them so much is partly to blame for this.

We need strong young americans who understand others have a right to an opinion and that change will come again.

Instead of giving the young strength and an ability to discuss the differences without hostility they are teaching them they are the only ones who have it right.

Not to mention the national media who only reported the negatives of Trump (and there were many in the beginning), they never reported the positives.

These young people need to be given the opportunity to grow up.

Again, the calls came from people of all ages. Only a small portion of my OP mentioned an organization that only services youth.

The media is not blameless, but Trump should have had control over his own mouth.
edit on 11-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
awww, did their wittle feelings get hurt cause they got a spankin and can't stand it and pitchin a fit.
now they just want to die cause they think the world got turned upside down.
well i got news for them they need to get over it.

edit on 11-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsukoSeriously, if you feel like you need to die just because your preferred candidate did not get elected, you have serious mental/emotional health issues.

Looking around, it's not hard to see there are a great deal of mental/emotional health issues among the DNC supporters.
That's not meant as an insult, just an observation on what I've been seeing the last few days but feel free to be offended, I don't care.

Suicide, over a president who hasn't even taken power yet? Please, go right ahead.

What are all these people going to do when actual hard times hit?
Your party losing an election is at the very bottom of the list of potential reasons to off yourself.

But hey, it's your life, wtf do I know.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I am saying that anyone who take an election so personally that it mentally unbalances them like this is unhinged, yes. And if there are so many people who are this unhinged by an election, then we are raising an entire generation of mentally unhealthy and unfit people.

I do not feel all that sorry for them. They got too obsessed with it and that is their own fault.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
awww, did their wittle feelings get hurt cause they got a spankin and can't stand it and pitchin a fit.
now they just want to die cause they think the world got turned upside down.
well i got new for them they need to get over it.

I do so hope no one you care about is deeply depressed. You would push them over the edge.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I guess I don't get it. What point are you trying to get across? Should trump step down because people are upset that they didn't get their way.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink

originally posted by: ketsukoSeriously, if you feel like you need to die just because your preferred candidate did not get elected, you have serious mental/emotional health issues.

Looking around, it's not hard to see there are a great deal of mental/emotional health issues among the DNC supporters.

That is not a logical statement. This is something that is statistically new.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I wish Giant Meteor would have won. Thinning the herd I'm afraid is the only fix for this mess.

I bet after the dust settled there would be ZERO hotline calls for a good Century at least.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I am saying that anyone who take an election so personally that it mentally unbalances them like this is unhinged, yes. And if there are so many people who are this unhinged by an election, then we are raising an entire generation of mentally unhealthy and unfit people.

I do not feel all that sorry for them. They got too obsessed with it and that is their own fault.

Again, people of all ages are part of these statistics. I don't believe it was just because of an election. It is, again, due to hateful rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Someone needs a concrete milkshake.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
For crying out loud they need to grow a pair and stop whining. You don't always get your way it's not the end of the damn world. Being a veteran this makes me ponder how the hell the military manages to fill their ranks with capable soldiers nowadays.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Tell them Dr Darwin recommends impulsive action.

Ok yea, I am joking there.

On a serious note though, THIS is the SJW/snowflake issue. Someone didn't get their way so now they want to kill themselves. A bit of tough/toughen up love should be prescribed to all in anguish over the Trump election, my mother included, she is one of you.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
I guess I don't get it. What point are you trying to get across? Should trump step down because people are upset that they didn't get their way.

No. That isn't possible and he was elected. I am pointing out that his election has caused suicidal thoughts to increase, due to his hateful rhetoric and most importantly, it is not just people whining.

I am pointing out that it is a real and quantifiable phenomenon.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I wish Giant Meteor would have won. Thinning the herd I'm afraid is the only fix for this mess.

I bet after the dust settled there would be ZERO hotline calls for a good Century at least.

Yes, if a giant meteor hits the earth there would probably be no phones.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join