It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question I cannot get an answer to....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
do you believe every country and every government should be permitted to build nuclear weapons? Is the ultimate path to peace through a fully nuclear armed world?

No.

As much as I would like a world with no weapons of any size destruction, I am a realist. I think that true peace will come when we have nothing to die for. No nationality, no religion, no corruption, no ignorance, no pre-concived notions. Such a world is close to impossible.
For now lets spend money on life instead of death.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I believe that once you leave it up to the PEOPLE in a TRUE democracy, they would always vote against war, unless they were facing IMMINENT danger. Not just "uhoh they now have the basic capabilities to attack us" danger.

The governments and politicians who make these decisions aren't the ones whose families are getting blown apart. They're rich fat cats who vote according to what they are TOLD to vote on, for the most part.

Whenever it's left to governments it is going to end badly, usually in armed conflict.

jako

Sep

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo
so...whats your point? What they were doing 1500 years ago has no relevance whatsoever now!

We used to hang draw and quarter people , we used to burn or drown people to see if they are a witch and we have done terrible and horrific things in the name of christianity!

I am not the one who brought it up.

<< 1   >>

join