It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Humble Mans World View, a Breath of Fresh Air

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
A friend of mine sent this to me today, it's a southern white male trump voter discussing his world view.

Now I know what most of you are thinking, we've heard enough of people's opinions on both sides of this election season. But this man makes a lot of good points about how most of us want the same things, to be safe, free, and prosperous.

So please give this a read, I found it to be a breath of fresh air compared to the recent months.

The title given to it was ‘I Voted for the Middle Finger, the Wrecking Ball’
flipboard.com...@flipboard/flip.it%2FEGl4st-i-voted-for-the-middle-finger-the-wreck/f-fde5e102d0%2Ftheatlantic.com

Not sure how to do the fancy quote bubble but here's a couple paragraphs from the article-

"I am Southern. I am white. I am a male. I was raised Roman Catholic and now go to a Methodist church regularly with my wife and kids. I value the 2nd Amendment but do not own a gun. Every male in my family, save me, is currently serving or has served in the U.S. military. I stand at the pledge of allegiance, and stand and sing with the anthem. I live near streets named after Stonewall Jackson and Strom Thurmond and know Tillman Hall was named after a racist populist who carried a pitchfork. Until recently, I attended field trips with my kids to our state capitol where the Confederate flag still flew, and I am genuinely glad we finally took it down.

I have a Masters degree. My kids go to public school with kids of all races, colors, and creeds. Our neighborhood has immigrant families, mixed-race families, minorities, and same-sex couples. Our sports teams are multi-cultural, diverse, and play beautifully together, on and off the field. I have neither the time, energy, or room in my heart for hatred, bigotry, or racism."
edit on 11-11-2016 by Quantumgamer1776 because: Editing

edit on 11-11-2016 by Quantumgamer1776 because: Changed title, thought original was to abrasive

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

I wish I had the ability to reply directly to this person.

I would ask them the following things:

If you have a masters degree, and live in this wonderful, diverse southern town, love your life and have no room in your heart for the darkness which lives in the heart of Donald Trump and the worst of his fan base, WHY THE DAMNED HELL DID YOU VOTE FOR HIM? What? Your life was too nice, so you thought "Damn, hot diggety damn in fact! I know what will liven this place up! A nice hot slab of racial tension and bigotry from every bloody closet phobic in the land! I will vote for the bloviating sack of hatred, just to make sure everyone is on their toes!"

Were you high? What possible motivation can you have for this utterly unwise foray into oblivion that you helped begin? What possible reason can you have had, for giving the middle finger, the wrecking ball to the nation you live in, when by your own account, it's gorgeous, wonderful, peaceful, and delightful!? What was your protest about exactly? Hillary's corruption? Well fine, then why did you not vote for someone with some moral fibre then? Trump is a backstabbing, money grubbing, tax averse, bag of hate gas, with a hard on for killing the families of terrorists, terrorists your nations taxes have helped to fund and equip since before the beginning of the War on Terror!

So please, for the love of all that is decent, explain yourself. Because from where I sit, a man with a life so wonderful has no more reason to vote Trump than blow his own head clean off with a shotgun.
edit on 11-11-2016 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical improvements

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Still doubling down on the Trump and supporters = racists BS eh?

Everything you said after that is BS and not worth reading.

This is why progressives lost the election by the way.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You read the entire post, and that is what you got from it?

What the hell man? I am asking a question, and a legitimate one. You might not like the way I ask it, and that is your perogative, but do not ignore the fact of it. I want an explanation of how it is that a man whose life is pleasant, who lives in a pleasant place, who knows, clearly knows better, winds up voting for a man who has all the moral fortitude of conman, and less competence.

It's a bloody fair question.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I certainly can not answer for everyone but yes you do prose a valid question.

Voting Trump is still a better option than Hillary.

You've not hidden your position here on ATS. You've voiced that both are despicable and unworthy of the office. Granted. Given the choice that we had after the last 14 months this is the result. For better or worse.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

You lead off with the "Trump=racist" BS you folks have been spewing this entire effing race.

Trump won entire states that Obama won. With the help of the same voters.

But they are racist.

Trump got a big chunk historically speaking, of the black and latino vote.

Trump got my vote as an immigrant to this country.

You wanna keep spewing the same MSM lines go ahead. Just remember that it was the same MSM that said Trump would never win and acted like Hillary had it in the bag.

How's it feel to continue to be wrong?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

I wish I had the ability to reply directly to this person.

I would ask them the following things:

If you have a masters degree, and live in this wonderful, diverse southern town, love your life and have no room in your heart for the darkness which lives in the heart of Donald Trump and the worst of his fan base, WHY THE DAMNED HELL DID YOU VOTE FOR HIM? What? Your life was too nice, so you thought "Damn, hot diggety damn in fact! I know what will liven this place up! A nice hot slab of racial tension and bigotry from every bloody closet phobic in the land! I will vote for the bloviating sack of hatred, just to make sure everyone is on their toes!"

Were you high? What possible motivation can you have for this utterly unwise foray into oblivion that you helped begin? What possible reason can you have had, for giving the middle finger, the wrecking ball to the nation you live in, when by your own account, it's gorgeous, wonderful, peaceful, and delightful!? What was your protest about exactly? Hillary's corruption? Well fine, then why did you not vote for someone with some moral fibre then? Trump is a backstabbing, money grubbing, tax averse, bag of hate gas, with a hard on for killing the families of terrorists, terrorists your nations taxes have helped to fund and equip since before the beginning of the War on Terror!

So please, for the love of all that is decent, explain yourself. Because from where I sit, a man with a life so wonderful has no more reason to vote Trump than blow his own head clean off with a shotgun.

Maybe he wants to keep his wonderful life?

This is who to blame for Trump.... Yourselves!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-11-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The Trump vote is the Brexit for middle class America.....
They are sick of unconstitutional government oppression and crony corruption.....
They no longer hope for change and now they are ready to demand it.....

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This isn't the mud pit, can we discuss the information I posted without all the aggressive bs?

He made some really good points about people being able to coexist while respecting and preserving each other's individual cultures.

I think this is something most people are more than willing and able to do. But the media shovel feeds us these polarized left/right radical points of view as if they're the only options.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Trump is a lying scumbag who at the very least relies on the racism of others to get what he wants, which makes him exactly as bad as a racist himself. The outcome for the country will be the same.

It just so happens, that being good at bull snipping people is something he has perfected for decades, and it is the only way he ever made a dime in his life.

It also happens to be a fact that I am immune, which is why I am looking at you and yours as if you have put your pants on your head and set your feet on fire.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Snippythehorse

With respect, no it is not.

Britains exit from the EU is nothing to do with immigration, regardless of why idiots may have voted for it. Persons of the manner of intellect required to tie their shoes and go to the toilet without hitting the ceiling with their exhaust products, voted out because our membership of the EU is illegal, because the first vote we had on it in the seventies came after we had already joined, which was in direct violation of several of the documents which founded our nation as we know it today, including Magna Carta, as well as others.

These documents, incidentally, formed the basis of much of the US constitution.

In addition, we had a chance to actually vote to remove ourselves from one layer of corrupt government entirely.

But guess what? The American people did not and do not have that option. They have traded an evil, lying, sociopathic woman with a kill boner, for an evil, lying, sociopathic man with a boner for himself. The EU referendum and Trump have nothing in common with one another at all, because unlike a vote for Trump, a vote for a British exit from the EU WILL result in the people who voted for it no longer having to deal with the corruption of Brussels.

All the US has done is swap a corrupt politician for a corrupt businessman.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Trump is a lying scumbag who at the very least relies on the racism of others to get what he wants, which makes him exactly as bad as a racist himself. The outcome for the country will be the same.

You just cant let it go can you?

I guess he's working off of my racism too? Stop tap dancing around it. Tell us how you really feel.

Repeating a lie doesn't make it true.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Well it worked for his entire campaign, so you are clearly mistaken there. 76% of the things that came out of his mouth were either hideously inaccurate or lies during that mess.

And I am not lying to you. You are lying to yourself about your President elect, because for some reason it seems to make you feel better. You should not.

For what it's worth, not all his voter base are racist and I know that. The fact is however, that under this man, those individuals who ARE racist are empowered rather than crushed, as they should be.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

It's like a Media Matters echo chamber.
edit on 11 11 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

So closet phobics are extinct in the US?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

With respect, no it is not.

Britains exit from the EU is nothing to do with immigration, regardless of why idiots may have voted for it. Persons of the manner of intellect required to tie their shoes and go to the toilet without hitting the ceiling with their exhaust products, voted out because our membership of the EU is illegal, because the first vote we had on it in the seventies came after we had already joined, which was in direct violation of several of the documents which founded our nation as we know it today, including Magna Carta, as well as others.

These documents, incidentally, formed the basis of much of the US constitution.

In addition, we had a chance to actually vote to remove ourselves from one layer of corrupt government entirely.

But guess what? The American people did not and do not have that option. They have traded an evil, lying, sociopathic woman with a kill boner, for an evil, lying, sociopathic man with a boner for himself. The EU referendum and Trump have nothing in common with one another at all, because unlike a vote for Trump, a vote for a British exit from the EU WILL result in the people who voted for it no longer having to deal with the corruption of Brussels.

All the US has done is swap a corrupt politician for a corrupt businessman.

I don't think you got the point....
They voted trump for the same reasons you said Brits voted brexit.... we had a chance to actually vote to remove ourselves from one layer of corrupt government entirely.
I think the pond is too wide to call this from over there....
There is a majority of Americans that are done with the" status quo "for good.....
edit on 12-11-2016 by Snippythehorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I will say it again, no you did not vote to remove a layer of corrupt government. You literally just swapped one persons corruption for another, where as we will have a net loss of corruption once the dust settles in Britain.

What you have now, is a right wing version of the same exact mentality, and none of the overarching corruption is over, because your Continuity of Government group still exists, as does the seventh floor group, and your federal reserve is still owned by private investors rather than the government itself or the people.

You changed ONLY the polarity of your most powerful puppet, not the hand that goes up its rear end.

new topics

top topics

join