It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you like to live forever?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I think we do live forever, but we go to a new body after our death.
Living in the same body forever would get boring for sure. I'm guessing it will be possible to live forever in the future, but how ugly can you get LOL!
Develope the Reverse Aging process first, then living forever would be a bit more interesting!

[edit on 13-3-2005 by B2TheE]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
what kind of population explosion would we have? (couldn't read entire thread)

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
thats a good point too. with out death, the populations gonna get really big really fast. gonna have to resort to some soylent green kinda business

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by B2TheE
I think we do live forever, but we go to a new body after our death.
Living in the same body forever would get boring for sure. I'm guessing it will be possible to live forever in the future, but how ugly can you get LOL!
Develope the Reverse Aging process first, then living forever would be a bit more interesting!

[edit on 13-3-2005 by B2TheE]

B2TheE,
I also believe that a portion of us will live on. I think quantum Physics says that once you die your energy just goes into the world. I think this might be true or that our spirit just takes over an new body.

al

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Reincarnation. That should be self-explanatory.

Now the question becomes would you like to live forever and remember everything from past lives?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
In a sense, I wouldn't mind living forever. I mean, you wouldn't after worry about money after a century or so. Why? Twenty years to retirement, 60% of your salary per year ona check for some places, work 5 of those places and you are set.

But, I don't know how many times in my life I could yell at invisible kids to get off my lawn and tell them to stop cussing because it's only for old people.

But in all reality, living forever wouldn't be fun. Sure, those 5 Retirement checks a month would be nice but hey, you can only buy so much, eh? It's not like you collect a certain amount and a big gaint LED screen hangs down in the sky and says YOU WIN!. but if that does happen, man, I'd llike to live long enough to see a big LED screen come down from the sky, even though it would probably squash me before I ever knew I won.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
i would love to see 400 years into the furture.i think it would be cool.how smart you could be if it was possible.image the tools and truths you would know.i think it would rock to have immortal humans running around the earth.next time you look at the stars think about how that light took millions of light years to just reach your eyes now and the fact that you never exisited before that light got here.pretty cool....flukemol

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Was the human body originally created to live forever...?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
i belive our souls are immortal, because physicists have proved energy never dies so in that sense we already are immortal. but would i want to live forever i often think about this, but my brain just ends up acheing, i think how could something go a round and a round for all eternity how is that possible. now you made me think about it again my head hurts

[edit on 27-5-2005 by TerminatorX]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerminatorX
i belive our souls are immortal, because physics have proved energy never so in that sense we already are immortal. but would i want to live forever i often think about this, but my brain just ends up acheing, i think how could something go a round and a round for all eternity how is that possible. now you made me think about it again my head hurts

Another question I have. Doesn't this make wonder how 'God' felt as being the only one that live forever and ever...?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'd rather not live forever. I would, however, like to see how technology changed in thousands of years. Seeing change and "progress" would be pretty cool.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaGundam007
thats a good point too. with out death, the populations gonna get really big really fast. gonna have to resort to some soylent green kinda business

This will be maybe not true. The old people will not have the ability to reproduce themselves when too old (and maybe not even the desire for another children again) so the population growth will slow. Of course it will increase, but it will be much more slowly. Just looks at the current world population growth - the highest is in Africa - with lowest average life length , while in Europe, for example, the population is declining.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Such a simple question but with such complex implications. If we were all to live forever, we would never be able to procreate due to over population. But if only I were able to live forever, it would have to be with conditions. My body and mind would have to be perfect, never aging, and absolutely disease resistant. I should never be able to lose a limb or any of my senses. And if the world ends I should be able to end with it.

As far as watching friends and loved ones pass on, I have done plenty of that already. And though it pains me, I understand the necessity of death. I would not seek fame or noteriety. I would only live to explore, experience, and learn.

As to if reincarnation is real, would I like to remember all of my past lives? It would depend on whether they were my memories or the memories of my past selves. If they were my memories (I had the memories but not the personality involved) they would be helpful. If they were the memories of my past self, I might feel it to be an intrusion of that past person into my present life.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
YES, If I had the choice or opportunity to live forever I would without hesitation.
I have thought it through quite a few times. No matter what happens a million years or a trillion, as long as I have my mind and memories I can endure unlimited lifetimes with the memories of earth and everyone that was with me.

Sure I'd be wondering about how I could live forever. Would it be that nothing can hurt me or can I be temporarily dead without oxygen or something like that..

Overall I completely understand that I may be stuck spiraling in space for many years, even stuck in a black hole or on a barren planet for thousands of years, it doesn't matter. It gives life a little more meaning as nobody knows if there's an afterlife or not. Better safe than sorry. The end of the Earth will be an amazing day I will never forget.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Yeah, live for ever then get a life sentence in some state prison for being a conspiracy theorist and voicing your political views on the internet.

Living forever could be a total curse, what happens when the sun dies taking the planet with it... do you survive only to exist in some horrific energetic soup?

I don't want to rush death mind you, but when death comes I will be ready.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
As you can tell by my name...YES!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I would love immortality ! bring it on !!

now the big question....when can I have it ??

AG

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I think I would like to live forever.

My reason would be in regards to how my perception would increase.

I can remember what I *thought* the world was like when I was 8; it was 'this' big and life meant 'this' and toys were everything, etc.

Then at 12 the world was this much 'bigger', life had more opportunities and I understood more of what was going on, nature, animals, etc.

Then at 20 and how much 'bigger' everything was, looking back at how my view of the world was so small at 5 and 8 and then 12.

And then at 30, looking back at my perception when I was 25 and so on.

So, imagine if you didn't die from aging. Imagine what you mind would be like in 100 years from now. And then 500. And then 1000. Imagine how much more you would understand about the world, spirituality, energy, harmony, people, life, etc. Imagine what you could train your mind to do in all that time? Who knows, maybe one of the keys to advancing our human evolution is to live longer so that our minds can cross these mental chasms of the unknown. Maybe if we lived longer, our minds and bodies would adapt, evolve differently (quicker?)

That's why I would want to live forever.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'd like to live forever to be able to seek the truth in much greater depth and pass the knowledge off to future generations personally!!

There's a vast difference preaching the truth based on your own experiences over those thousands of years than someone who only heard the story from another person - not that I've actually lived thousands of years, but you get my point - nothing beats first hand stories!!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I don't know about that one

I would have to think long and hard about that

Alien Mind

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join