It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumormill: Trey Gowdy serious contender for Attorney General

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
In my opinion, this man has been the absolute stand-out American citizen in the past 18 months. He is the poster-child for the United States Constitution and laws.

and if it sounds like I'm in his fan club, well, you'd be 100% spot on and believe you-me, I have zero problem announcing this to the world.

8 days ago, I asked my uncle to watch Gowdy during the Comey hearing, my uncle had never heard of him. Suffice to say, he's now watched pretty much everything on YT about Gowdy and is perplexed as to why he is a relative unknown - I told him that his rise to dominance on the American political scene is something we can tell our kids about in the years to come - we were there when Trey Gowdy chaired the Benghazi committee, we witnessed him take the US governments FBI to task, we witnessed him tear strips of the media for buying the lie.

OK, enough. Here is the video discussing the rumor. I would implore those members who may not be familiar with Trey Gowdy (or Jason Chaffetz) to please spend some time familiarizing yourself with this man (these men) because they will become very familiar faces to all people around the world in the coming years.

Personally, if Trump activates his Clinton committee - I'd like Gowdy and Chaffetz heading it up.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
That would give me the serious jollies if it were to happen ...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Bill and Hillary's worst nightmare.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This is my dream AG

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

He is on the " Short List " for that Position , as to whether or not he would be Interested in the Job is Pure Speculation at the Moment .

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Spread that rumour and make it so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Why rumour? Trump himself said during the election that he would love to see Gowdy as AG....

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Good.

Trey is all business and hates corruption on either side of the aisle and loves America and the Constitution. This would be an outstanding pick.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
absolutely. he is perfect for the position

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

Thanks for the link - see, even Trump see's the value in the man, and that was over 12 months ago when it was all still a big fat joke that Trump could be POTUS.

This is what I think Trump will do for all his cabinet choices - appoint the best person for the job based upon qualifications, experience and ability - not appoint because they gave the most ca$$$hhhhh or share a political / religious ideology.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
An awesome choice he would be.

Gowdy was my personal front-runner for 2020 if Trump lost. He's a pure constitutionalist and former prosecutor who has taken more of a stand against Wash corruption than anyone else.

And he sure as # will go after Clinton.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

21stcentury wire has this list up taken from a insiders document

Here is the list obtained by TheDC: Assistant to the President and Chief of Staff Stephen K. Bannon, Reince Priebus Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism. Keith Kellogg, Mike Rogers Assistant to the President and Press Secretary. Jason Miller, Sean Spicer, Kellyanne Conway Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff for Planning. Corey Lewandowski, Katie Walsh Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy. Stephen Miller, Sam Clovis Assistant to the President and National Security Advisor. Michael T. Flynn, Mike Rogers, Stephen Hadley Assistant to the President and Director of Speechwriting. Stephen Miller, Cliff Sims Senior Advisor and Assistant to the President for Intergovernmental Affairs and Public Engagement. None listed Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations. David Bossie, Katie Walsh Assistant to the President and Deputy National Security Advisor. Clare Lopez, Walid Phares, Andy Keiser Assistant to the President and Director of the Domestic Policy Council. Stephen Miller Assistant to the President and Director, Office of Legislative Affairs. Rick Dearborn Assistant to the President and Director of Communications. Jason Miller, Stephen Miller, Cliff Sims Assistant to the President and Senior Advisor Kellyanne Conway, Corey Lewandowski Assistant to the President for Economic Policy and Director of the National Economic Council. Dan Dimicco, David Malpass White House Counsel Don McGahn, Alan Garten
REVEALED: List of People President Elect Trump is Considering for Top White House Postions 21stcenturywire.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Outstanding OP, Sublime, and of course bumped.

I also would love to see Comey retained as FBI Director
for a reason totally different than why Loretta Lynch
was favorably considered to 'stay on' by Hillary after
the tarmac tryst with the Cigar Wrangler.

If anybody hadn't noticed, the muzzle was on Comey
during the hearings: and if anybody gets cut loose to
do a proper job AND get some payback for the people--
if I was Hillary and a few hundred insiders I'd be looking
for that interstellar ticket right now.

Downside: if you want to see Iceland cubed for seismic
and financial tumult, stay tuned. Because if Trey Gowdy
gets the job mountains will pop like blackheads. Bet on it.

Kossoff - THE ORIGINAL Marshall Law.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Given the buzz over who his veep pick was going to end up being and then wound up being (someone no one really had on the radar), I wouldn't be too overly excited about any of these names yet.

I imagine that Trump will reward those who have worked with him the longest through the most difficult times. They will be the most loyal, and he will also look for those who are most qualified and some from all segments of the Republican Party to try to cement all segments for working together going forward.

Would you expect him to do any less? And I would also expect that a lot of names are going to shift around from slot to slot of drop on and off this list entirely.

And lest the media con you into thinking there is no precedent for not having the entire cabinet picked and ready for roll out next week ... remember, Obama didn't fill some of the positions until months into his first term for various reasons.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

among all of the scumbags, the good men stand out hey.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I agree Trey would be a great choice.

But I believe both he and Trump feel that he is better positioned right where he is - in Congress.

I like his original choice - Rudy Giuliani for AG.

Rudy is an amazing, ruthless and effective prosecutor. It's how he "made his bones" so to speak, and how he got elected Mayor of NYC.

If Rudy gets the job a *lot* of people are going to jail.

Watch....
edit on 11/11/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
I agree Trey would be a great choice.

But I believe both he and Trump feel that he is better positioned right where he is - in Congress.

I like his original choice - Rudy Giuliani for AG.

Rudy is an amazing, ruthless and effective prosecutor. It's how he "made his bones" so to speak, and how he got elected Mayor of NYC.

If Rudy gets the job a *lot* of people are going to jail.

Watch....

I'd be thrilled with either! Drain the Swamp!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I have been hoping for this for a long time. He is doing a great job but he needs the power to drop the hammer on people instead of not understanding why nobody will drop it on people. Oh, and I do not care if it is a Republican or Democrat. Drop it on anyone who breaks the law. First order of business if not pardoned is taking on the Foundation like the FBI wanted to do.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
He could potentially be a very powerful ally in the Senate.

<<   2 >>

join