It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A short prayer for the USA and the people of the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Oh God our heavenly father

Show us the way and the path of righteousness that leads to everlasting joy and happiness according to the model of authentic leadership given to us by you in the person of your good son Jesus Christ.

Inform us, with your spirit of loving kindness and uncompromising love for us, and transform our minds so that we might be ever happier and more joy filled in carrying out your will for us. Make of our own innermost heart's desire the desire to do your will so that, through us, you can lay the foundation of your temple in this Earth and in our world, as you deemed fit to do so by your unfathomable grace and desire to share your kingdom with all your children.

Let us take heart, and release from all fear and uncertainty, certain in the knowledge of your presence with your creation, including we ourselves, who you made in your image to contain the fullness of your Spirit, comingled with the Spirit of man, having made your home with us, even as we were made to be and to become, from before the beginning of time.

As we stand together, with you (whether we realize it or not), at this place of unknowing yet in the domain of all possibility and thus the holy of holies which you yourself gave us access to - Lord teach us, not the ways of the wicked, but the ways of righteousness and love and wisdom and truth, which you embody, universally, and embodied in the form of a human being of lowly beginnings.

Knowing our hearts, we humbly ask that you forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who've sinned against us.

Wash us not in blood of sacrifice which is dirty, but only in the blood of the lamb that makes us clean and who alone was capable of performing a feat of white magic capable of rendering all black magic double bound.

Please God, inform the minds of our leaders, so that they will clearly see and put an end to the ways of the wicked, while uplifting the righteous and the good men and women of the United States.

Oh God of truth and love let the true light of liberty radiate outwardly for the whole world to see it shine once again, at the end of this dark night of the soul.

May your light, the light of Christ, rise over our collective horizon each to a one, no matter who we are or what our station.

Thank you God, for listening to our prayer, please if it be your will, let it be done as we ask it in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

edit on 11-11-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Please do not drag my god into politics..
amen

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Jesus was dragged into politics, went willingly, while teaching a lot of people some really hard lessons.

I don't see how it can be evaded.

My prayer was politically neutral.

It could apply to anyone. I'm not even an American citizen btw.

Isn't it ok to pray for the American people too?

But the prayer has no real substance unless it impinges on all spheres, including the socio-political.

I presume when you say "your God" since I'm invoking the Christian interpretation of God, that we are referring to one and the same God?

The principals of the Oxford Group and what later went on to become AA come to my mind, and those would apply perhaps especially so to people in positions of power and authority, many of whom are an unknown at this point.

I also know that many many of the American people are hurting, so my prayer is also extended to them that they might be comforted and rest assured that all is well in the world no matter who is President, and don't we pray also for God to inform the new President and help him wherever possible, to the degree that he's willing and open minded?

join