It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you hear wailing about a half million popular vote margin - remember this.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I normally like to fill my posts with a lot of original content. But this is important content and Harold Ickes says it far better than I can.

When you see those protestors decrying the election, this weekend, shoving the popular vote difference in your face as basis to overturn this election...remember that the DNC party leaders disenfranchised 600,000 of its own Democratic Party voters, in 2008, and simply handed those votes to Barack Obama.

And his name didn't even appear on the flipping ballot...he voluntarily withdrew it.

Why did they give him votes that were not cast for him?

Because...rules, dontcha know?

DNC party rules that sanctioned Michigan voters for moving their primary date.

Now, they want to change the rules of this general election -- after the votes have been cast -- and they would have faithless electors vote for Hillary.

HEAR THESE WORDS and you will know how absolutely hollow the cries of these protestors are. I promise it is worth your time:

And I'll leave you with this:

"My momma taught me to play by the rules and respect those rules. My mother taught me, and I'm sure your mother taught you, that when you decide to change the rules, middle of the game, end of the game, that is referred to as cheating."

-- Donna Brazile, the biggest hypocrite Democrat cheater of all time. (And with that she then led the charge to disenfranchise 600,000 Michigan Democrat voters.)

ETA:And, BTW, Hillary won the popular vote, during the 2008 Democratic primary, by nearly 300,000 votes.

Who was the nominee? The guy with the most delegates and the LEAST votes: Barack Obama.

Link

Screw these hypocritical Democrat protestors. They are fine with the popular vote winner being the LOSER...even when it's Hillary Clinton.

...Or they were in 2008. Now they say they are 'above' that and being cheated.

edit on 11-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well they have been cheating the whole time so why would they stop now?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

Oh, but they are going to espouse that they are the morally right party. They cannot be allowed to forget who they really are.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
After Michigan and Arizona, Trump has won the popular vote as well.

Just putting in here, because perhaps, some people are not familiar with it

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I will admit that the Dems have some good ideas on issues but it seems like they can't get out of there own way sometimes.
edit on 11-11-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Once we stop blowing money on the military industrial complex I'll be for some ideas on what to do domestically.

Both parties need to get off this war fix of theirs.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
After Michigan and Arizona, Trump has won the popular vote as well.

Just putting in here, because perhaps, some people are not familiar with it

Unfortunately, that is not correct. Hillary still leads the popular vote by 400,000+ votes.

But hundreds of thousands of votes don't matter to Democrats -- as demonstrated during the 2008 DNC primary (and explained in the OP.)

Their gripes are hollow. They set the standard they want to live by and they are asking for more than they give if they expect the popular vote to determine this election. F- that.

But get ready for their awful demands. Get ready to say, "NO!"

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Do you have a source for that? Because as far as I can tell, as of Nov 11, Clinton is still leading in the popular vote.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Wonder if it will ever come out how many ineligible illegal aliens voted for Hillary to giver her a false popular vote? Think the push to get illegal aliens driving licenses was just because?
edit on 11-11-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Proof Hillary illegally got the popular vote?

conservativetribune.com...

WIKILEAK: Hillary Campaign Plans To Use Illegals To Get Illegal Votes

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Wonder if it will ever come out how many ineligible illegal aliens voted for Hillary to giver her a false popular vote? Think the push to get illegal aliens driving licenses was just because?

They didn't need driver's licenses or SS#s thanks to the Help America Vote Act.

It mandates that voters be registered even if they claim to not have either. It's up to the states to determine if they take further steps to verify them. And states, like Florida, take no further steps.

Link to the HAVA

(ii) SPECIAL RULE FOR APPLICANTS WITHOUT DRIVER’S LICENSE OR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER.—If an applicant for voter registration for an election for Federal office has not been issued a current and valid driver’s license or a social security number, the State shall assign the applicant a number which will serve to identify the applicant for voter registration purposes. To the extent that the State has a computerized list in effect under this subsection and the list assigns unique identifying numbers to registrants, the number assigned under this clause shall be the unique identifying number assigned under the list. (iii)

DETERMINATION OF VALIDITY OF NUMBERS PROVIDED.—The State shall determine whether the information provided by an individual is sufficient to meet the requirements of this subparagraph, in accordance with State law.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
MME, bless your heart, as a Michigander, I do understand what you are saying. It is unfortunate so many don't have past experience to reflect upon. I am not fond of Trump, but I did vote for him here in Michigan instead of 3rd party. Why?

I realized that I was not alone...I gambled. Apparently, my tabulations shows that it is highly unlikely that Hillary can come back from this. She had obviously realized that even with faithless electorates she could not win, that is why she conceded. I can only hope now, that Trump will temper his party affiliation and play the moderate. I do believe he is narcissistic enough to play the centerline to ensure both sides will appeased with his presidency to ensure his historical legacy. It is a game...he is going to play it to win.

In other words, both sides will be happy and hate him....but the balance will be a win for him and his final legacy.
edit on 11 11 2016 by CynConcepts because: Stupid sleek correct! Let me say what I am saying and typing!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
And, BTW, Hillary won the popular vote, during the 2008 Democratic primary, by nearly 300,000 votes.

Who was the nominee? The guy with the most delegates and the LEAST votes: Barack Obama.

Link

Screw these hypocritical Democrat voters. They are fine with the popular vote winner being the LOSER...even when it's Hillary Clinton.

...Or they were in 2008. Now they say they are 'above' that and being cheated.

(added to my OP)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Oh, God...I hope so much that you are right. Still, it's good to prepare for the Hypocrite Zombie Democrat Apocalypse.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

That is correct. I've been given incorrect data apparently, I'll try to confirm it

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

BTW, I voted for Johnson because I checked the polls the night before and my state was going for Trump no matter what. I hoped Libertarians would get their 5%. Felt like the best way to spend my vote.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Here's some key dates to wait for while everybody is biting their nails.

The 2016 Presidential Election

December 13, 2016

States must make final decisions in any controversies over the appointment of their electors at least six days before the meeting of the Electors. This is so their electoral votes will be presumed valid when presented to Congress.

Decisions by states’ courts are conclusive, if decided under laws enacted before Election Day.

December 19, 2016

The Electors meet in their state and vote for President and Vice President on separate ballots. The electors record their votes on six “Certificates of Vote,” which are paired with the six remaining Certificates of Ascertainment.

The electors sign, seal, and certify six sets of electoral votes. A set of electoral votes consists of one Certificate of Ascertainment and one Certificate of Vote. These are distributed immediately as follows:

one set to the President of the Senate (the Vice President) for the official count of the electoral votes in January;
two packages to the Secretary of State in the state where the electors met—one is an archival set that becomes part of the public record of the Secretary of State's office and the other is a reserve set that is subject to the call of the President of the Senate to replace missing or incomplete electoral votes;
two packages to the Archivist—one is an archival set that becomes part of the permanent collection at the National Archives and Records Administration and the other is a reserve set that is subject to the call of the President of the Senate to replace missing or incomplete electoral votes; and
one set to the presiding judge in the district where the Electors met—this is also a reserve set that is subject to the call of the President of the Senate to replace missing or incomplete electoral votes.

December 28, 2016

Electoral votes (the Certificates of Vote) must be received by the President of the Senate and the Archivist no later than nine days after the meeting of the electors. States face no legal penalty for failure to comply.

If votes are lost or delayed, the Archivist may take extraordinary measures to retrieve duplicate originals.

On or Before January 3, 2017

The Archivist and/or representatives from the Office of the Federal Register meet with the Secretary of the Senate and the Clerk of the House in late December or early January. This is, in part, a ceremonial occasion. Informal meetings may take place earlier.

January 6, 2017

The Congress meets in joint session to count the electoral votes. Congress may pass a law to change this date.

The Vice President, as President of the Senate, presides over the count and announces the results of the Electoral College vote. The President of the Senate then declares which persons, if any, have been elected President and Vice President of the United States.

If a State submits conflicting sets of electoral votes to Congress, the two Houses acting concurrently may accept or reject the votes. If they do not concur, the votes of the electors certified by the Governor of the State on the Certificate of Ascertainment would be counted in Congress.

If no Presidential candidate wins 270 or more electoral votes, a majority, the 12th Amendment to the Constitution provides for the House of Representatives to decide the Presidential election. If necessary the House would elect the President by majority vote, choosing from the three candidates who received the greatest number of electoral votes. The vote would be taken by state, with each state having one vote.

If no Vice Presidential candidate wins 270 or more electoral votes, a majority, the 12th Amendment provides for the Senate to elect the Vice President. If necessary, the Senate would elect the Vice President by majority vote, choosing from the two candidates who received the greatest number of electoral votes. The vote would be taken by state, with each Senator having one vote.

If any objections to the Electoral College vote are made, they must be submitted in writing and be signed by at least one member of the House and one Senator. If objections are presented, the House and Senate withdraw to their respective chambers to consider their merits under procedures set out in federal law.

January 20, 2017 at Noon—Inauguration Day

The President-elect takes the Oath of Office and becomes the President of the United States.

General Authority

The Archivist of the United States, as the head of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), is responsible for carrying out ministerial duties on behalf of the States and the Congress under 3 U.S.C. sections 6, 11, 12, and 13.

NARA is primarily responsible for coordinating the various stages of the electoral process by helping the States prepare and submit certificates that establish the appointment of electors and validate the electoral votes of each State.

The Archivist delegates operational duties to the Director of the Federal Register. The Federal Register Legal Staff ensures that electoral documents are transmitted to Congress, made available to the public, and preserved as part of our nation's history.

The Office of the Federal Register Legal Staff reviews the electoral certificates for the required signatures, seals and other matters of form, as specified in federal law.

Only the Congress and the courts have the authority to rule on substantive legal issues.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

No President-elect Trump did NOT win the popular vote.
Michigan has not finalized the vote total, so with out Michigan the vote totals (as of 11/11/2016) are;

President-elect Trump- 60,072,551
Secretary Clinton - 60,467,601

So as you can see Secretary Clinton has a lead. I can't say for certain she will win the popular vote but to say President-elect Trump won the popular vote, at this moment, is wrong.

I got this information from putting "election results 2016 USA" into Google.

edit on 11-11-2016 by TheSemiSkeptic because: Typo

edit on 11-11-2016 by TheSemiSkeptic because: Another typo

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSemiSkeptic

Fab.

But don't forget...Hillary won the popular vote during the 2008 Democratic Primary. Obama lost the popular vote....

...BY NEARLY 300,000 votes.

So why are we even discussing the popular vote today? These protestors don't give two sh*ts about the popular vote winner and if they say they do, they are lying, divisive b*stards.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
You just have to shake your head at the complete and utter non acceptance of reality with some people.
It's so so sad that they have grown up being taught that they can always have their own way and that trying to change the rules after the event is ok if it means you 'win'.

There is not even a moral argument to be had. No one got a majority of votes.

At this stage I actual feel pity for these people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join