It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: I may not repeal Obamacare

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
It would be disappointing. We'll see what happens. He would see most of his support evaporate overnight.

Doesn't matter now. He's already won the presidency.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It would be disappointing. We'll see what happens. He would see most of his support evaporate overnight.

No he won't.

His supporters are cult like with an almost emotional/quasi sexual/religious attachment to him and make excuses for his flip flop and blame in on Obama, the lefties or something. It's an established conservative pattern. Why do you think it's gonna change.

He is walking a razor wire right now. He knows people are watching. They (We) are expecting him to be different.

Anyways, it'll be on the Congress to bring a repeal bill to him first. Then we see what he does.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnite247

why on earth do you think he would stir crap up right now. The election is over. He is being purposely vague in his statements to quiet things down while he prepares his administration for warp drive starting on day one.

Trump will deliver. He already has.... bushes are gone.....clintons are gone..... obamas are almost gone.

He will follow through and has the support of the populace behind him. americans want there country back. Trump knows why he was elected.

You folks keep thinking he is a career politician when that is who he despises the most. He has spent a lifetime paying off these people just to operate. If he was going to sell out he would have done it a long time ago.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Doesn't matter now. He's already won the presidency.

It's one thing to be the President, it is another to have political capital to get anything done. If Trump wants to get anything accomplished he will keep the support of his people.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

It won't evaporate though. When the self congratulatory glow of believing they were on the winning team begins to fade they'll already be so emotionally invested in it that they'd prefer to make excuses for the scam instead of face the fact that they were gullible enough to be scammed.

The guy that thinks he's too smart to get bumped is always the one that gets taken for the most cash.

Still, it's not like the alternative was any better. I genuinely feel for Americans, they were screwed either way.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

It won't evaporate though. When the self congratulatory glow of believing they were on the winning team begins to fade they'll already be so emotionally invested in it that they'd prefer to make excuses for the scam instead of face the fact that they were gullible enough to be scammed.

The guy that thinks he's too smart to get bumped is always the one that gets taken for the most cash.

Still, it's not like the alternative was any better. I genuinely feel for Americans, they were screwed either way.

*shrug* Only one way to find out. Wait and see.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Read the story - media spin.
There will be a lot of it before he even takes office to try and undermine him.
I will wait till he is actually in office and makes his proposals.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm of the mind that he won't give out much before it's in play.

No matter who says what about what he will do, it comes down to him making the decisions.

I believe he keeps his word.

I can wait. What's another few months.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Actually most of the Affordable Care Act will be left intact.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Pretty much this. From the article it looks like there are 2 things he likes, and the GOP has agreed that they are good ideas too. It would therefore be possible to repeal the ACA and keep those two ideas in whatever is passed to replace it.

Because those 2 ideas are not worth the 2000+ pages of insanity.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
All this talk of getting campaign promises in place within "six months" is just B.S.
NOTHING in government gets done that quickly - especially something as complicated as ACA.

The biggest problem with ACA is that the health insurance industry and the health care executives wrote it via their lobby groups. That's why there's really no financial benefit for the people. The ridiculous fine/penalty for not having insurance is just a bogeyman - it doesn't even amount to a calendar quarter of premiums under ACA.

Medicare as a single payer system absolutely must be fixed as well - the "donut hole" for prescription drugs costs me about $600 a month because we've instituted no controls on big pharma. Hasn't everyone heard the cost of an EpiPen has skyrocketed to over $600? And in the UK it's under $70! Of course, if one is a smart consumer and an intelligent patient, one can ask for a plain old prescription for a bottle of epinephrine and a syringe instead of a fancy pen. That's really saved my wallet for diabetic insulin - I don't file insurance because I can get it from Walmart with no prescription for under $25. The regular drug store pops Medicare for over $400 for the prescription and almost $800 for the fancy pen version.

Whatever happens with ACA, it is too late for me here in the USA. I'm gonna take my little social security check and move to another country with affordable living expenses and better health care with more reasonable costs in 2017. Otherwise, it's just a matter of time before bankruptcy and possibly losing my house because of the outrageous costs of medical care.

Remember, most Presidents use their entire first term getting established at "running the ship" and cozying up to the congress so that real advancement can be made on their priorities and policies - and then the second term actually may show some real progress towards their stated goals and promises. I have high hopes that our new President will be able to solve the problem for the rest of you here - but I'll have to watch from other shores. In the mean time, I'm with you, waiting for the "hope & change" that was promised 8 years ago to be delivered by the new regime.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Well, to be fair you can't just out right repeal it, it takes time. What? that'll upend several million people on insurance. If anything, this is a boon for those fearing about their healthcare coverage.
Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise, don't hate it, nod your head in approval. Some of you folks think its the end of the world, now things don't look that bad.
Rhetoric, all will be fined and new deals will be negotiated.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Stir crap up? Because he said it. Again, I'm not a partisan here, but... HE SAID IT! If I said if I become the most powerful guy on the planet ( which he is, there's no longer the senate/ congress excuse) and I'm GoIn to outlaw popcorn, then the next day say pocorn is all good with Me, I'm going to look a bit of a hypocrite. Right? That's exactly what he did . His first comment FIRST COMMENT! was to congratulate Hilary on a well fought campaign !! The person he spent months decrying as a crook? She will be in jail, .. He's obviously playing the game ! Am I wrong? Please somebody tell me how this differs from BAU and trump will be on the golf course wile those that do.. Do. He's only done this for financial reasons! .. And once again, I backed trump.
a reply to: agenda51

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Maybe they will all get along, Just change it around and keep the name, screw it, Obama is a nice guy as a person and that's all he has to show so I say keep Obama in the name and make it work. I think people will find trump way more liberal than they ever thought.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
And not to go off topic but epipens are such a yank med industrial con! Typically used for panic attacks where a good old paper bag will do the job , and as much as I appreciate the use for diabetes, there is significant other medical diagnosis for such that don't involve a regular payment .. But again, off topic.. a reply to: ganjoa

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Wouldn't respond to someone who has in previous threads claimed as a "confessions of a troll" ,... All credibility lost kid! a reply to: beeeyotch

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Pretty much this. From the article it looks like there are 2 things he likes, and the GOP has agreed that they are good ideas too. It would therefore be possible to repeal the ACA and keep those two ideas in whatever is passed to replace it.

Because those 2 ideas are not worth the 2000+ pages of insanity.

Republicans do not have the supermajority necessary to remove most of the ACA. There is bipartisan agreement to keep the two key provisions as well as remove some taxes. They might get to the mandate.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
That would be the smart thing to do. Trump could make some changes to it to make it better. If Obama tried that, he would get nowhere at all because the Republicans would walk all over the changes just because Obama did it. Trump can change it, the Republicans did have some good ideas that would fit into it but of course, Obama is stubborn also. Everyone wants credit for the law, Trump doesn't care about credit, he just wants to fix it. He will work with both sides to try to fix it but will not settle for utilizing only practices that are considered appropriate. Doing so leaves out a lot of possible solutions. That is why governments goof things up, they are narrow minded. Businesses are creative and determined and usually more efficient and cost effective. I am sure Trumps solution will not line the pockets of donors or special interest companies.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I see this as a likely outcome.

The GOP will want their stamp on any positive changes to the ACA, and they couldn't do it with Obama in the White House.

The Republicans want the history books to reflect them, not the Democrats as the ones who saved this country's healthcare problems.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Yeah, but Trump is not bound to playing those games, and him winning is a good sign that the American people may be sick of that kind of stuff too. We have known a lot of this kind of stuff has been going on on Capital Hill, but until lately people did not believe it or could not do anything about it. The internet does give us the ability to check things out and share what we find. The internet was the worst thing that could have happened to our government's corrupt practices. They resist change there and shove unwanted projects on communities while their streets are falling apart because they cannot get money for things they need anymore. Lots of money for unneeded projects though, roundabouts and stupid things get all the money.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join