It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: I may not repeal Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
you guys are cracking me up. obamacare is done. As always trump is the smartest guy in the room.

Trump is just calming the waters right now.

Fixing not F#cking things up would make him the smartest guy in the room.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
With Trump you have to listen really carefully. He fully believes you never tip your hand. He may rant and repeat the same thing over and over to shed light, but what he really intends to do is keep you guessing. It's a theme he has shared many different ways. That's why I keep saying Trump fans might like everything they get.
Sometimes, even when he tells the truth, he lies. Maybe not lies but definitely rewords his tune.
For me, if that means contemplation before pulling the trigger, I'm all for it. Never liked a wild shot myself.
edit on 11-11-2016 by VinylTyrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Agreed. I predict he will put forth the Republican healthcare plan...the plan that sat on Mitch McConnel's desk for weeks without being touched before Obamacare was voted on.

You see, Trump people will applaud, support, and be enthusastic with an ACA replacement; even if it is just the ACA under a new name.

Why?

Because TRUMP did it.

That's how all of this works people. If your team didn't do it, it's evil. If your team does it, it's GOOD.

Trump can't scrap the ACA without a suitable replacement. He knows this. What we will see is something similar to the ACA under a new name, and Trump will get all the credit. His people will clap and cheer...all because they think they did it and not the evil Democrats.

Republicans want the credit for healthcare reform. The Republicans were willing to sandbag the ACA until the day they could stamp their name on it and take the credit.

It's politics 101 people, really.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Kettu

"Either Obamacare will be amended, or repealed and replaced," Trump told the newspaper. "I told him I will look at his suggestions, and out of respect, I will do that."

So long as the mandatory existence tax is repealed, I am content. It is literally the one and only thing he needs to do. Remove the mandatory existence tax.

That needs to be done - but no the most important thing that must be done is lower costs by removing the medical monopolies.

The federal budget will literally implode in just a few years if costs continue to rise 10% a year as they have been - it is simply not sustainable and is the largest portion of the budget already.

The reason costs are so high is they are not required to list prices ahead of time, and competition is not allowed. If hospitals would just be required to list their prices for various procedures the competition would naturally drop prices.
Ditto for testing, cat scans, everything really.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If he does not fight to kill it I'm done with him. On to the next loud mouth celebrity who will.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Or he still might.

He is wisely weighing all options before making a decision.

Even if it is still called "ACA" it will be a shell of it's former disastrous version.

edit on 11-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

Amending it might be the smarter way to go.

It is almost always the way to in an evolutionary sense.
However on the Trump-Pence website it states as of now,

"On day one of the Trump Administration, we will ask Congress to immediately deliver a full repeal of Obamacare."
So, someone is lying, and it's either Trump...or Trump.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

The reason costs are so high is because the USA subsidizes the rest of the world's medical care.

The government-run health programs in places like France won't pay $10 for a Tylenol.

So, where does that drug company go to make up that lost profit?

You guessed it: America.

Low prices in other parts of the world translate into higher prices here in the USA -- where there are no regulations or price caps on how much these US-based big pharma companies can charge.

Big Pharma's shareholders expect a certain rate of return and profit margin. If France or Canada negotiates low prices, Big Pharma has to turn around and make up that profit someplace else.

What better place than a country with a huge GDP and private insurance industry?

That place?

The USA.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Usually politicians wait until they're in office to start breaking their promises

The next 4 years are going to be comedy gold laughing at everyone who bought in to his bs haha

link   
a reply to: In4ormant

You just dont get it. trump wrote the book on "dealing". he will have you thinking you came out ahead when its all over LOL.

I will say it again....Obamacare is done. It was forced down the throat of the populace and enacted through fraud. Its done.

we are going to have free market health care when its over.

But go on and keep thinking trump is a bafoon LOL. Have you ever even read the art of the deal?

link   

You americans should really think about a National Healthcare System, a great way to create social cohesion and of course, a decent life to everyone.
edit on 11-11-2016 by CrapAsUsual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

He will still be getting rid of the "obamacare" aspect of the ACA even if it retains the name ACA.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo
Those are positive actions. But this mandatory tax for just existing does nothing for me. I don't get healthcare for paying this tax on my existence. Either I am forced to pay ridiculous higher premiums under the current system for # coverage, or I still pay a ridiculous high tax for having no health coverage and get nothing in return, ergo a tax on existence.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

You just dont get it. trump wrote the book on "dealing". he will have you thinking you came out ahead when its all over LOL.

I will say it again....Obamacare is done. It was forced down the throat of the populace and enacted through fraud. Its done.

But go on and keep thinking trump is a bafoon LOL. Have you ever even read the art of the deal?

Actually he didn't write that book

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrapAsUsual

You americans should really think about a National Healthcare System, a great way to create social cohesion.

Indeed. I think we will. Trump will somehow convince/con his supporters into being enthusiastic about a nationalized healthcare system.

In a way, I think we needed Trump to do this. He's the only one that can "sell" national healthcare to the conservatives in America. If Trump can't sell it, no one can.

I'll be laughing my @ss off when he's able to convince conservatives to support a single-payer system.

link   

Keeping those 2 provisions in any incarnation of his Healthcare plan wouldn't make him a buffoon, it would make him a reasonable human.

link   
I don't understand the leftists here.

No one, and I mean no one wants to see people suffer.

You may think that not being a commie-alt-left-authoritarian is a bad thing, but we really are nice people.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Actually he didn't write that book

Ghost writing is indeed an art form.

It must be nice to pay someone to write a book for you. Maybe I'll try it one day myself.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Not true.

Here where I live you can get almost every medication as a generic.If you want branded, you pay, of course. If you want examples I can give you examples.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Not true.

Here where I live you can get almost every medication as a generic.If you want branded, you pay, of course. If you want examples I can give you examples.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join