It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: I may not repeal Obamacare

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well well, this is certainly an interesting twist. It seems that Trump's meeting with Obama went well!

Donald Trump has said that he might not repeal Obamacare, perhaps his biggest campaign promise.

The President-elect performed the apparent U-turn after his meeting with Barack Obama at the White House this week, he has said.

Mr Trump is going to look at "amending" the Affordable Care Act, rather than completely repealing it, he told the Wall Street Journal.

Link

I'm wondering it Trump may be playing his populist game again?

I wonder how many of his supporters will go along with this?

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The 2 provisions he is talking about should be in any medical plan. Pre-existing and children getting benefits at extended ages.

I've been a pro trump supporter all along and agree with both of those provisions. I believe most Americans do.

Good for him if he follows through.
edit on 11-11-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Well, this should shut up some people -- like my BFF.

Wait, no it won't. He'll still doomsday and so will the rest of them.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Well well, this is certainly an interesting twist. It seems that Trump's meeting with Obama went well!

Donald Trump has said that he might not repeal Obamacare, perhaps his biggest campaign promise.

The President-elect performed the apparent U-turn after his meeting with Barack Obama at the White House this week, he has said.

Mr Trump is going to look at "amending" the Affordable Care Act, rather than completely repealing it, he told the Wall Street Journal.

Link

Haha wait till he gets in office! Something has to be done about obama care regardless. Even if they keep it its going to require work to make it work.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
LOL... you guys are so gullible.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

"Either Obamacare will be amended, or repealed and replaced," Trump told the newspaper. "I told him I will look at his suggestions, and out of respect, I will do that."

So long as the mandatory existence tax is repealed, I am content. It is literally the one and only thing he needs to do. Remove the mandatory existence tax.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If he doesn't fix Obamacare then there might be a whole different demographics of the USA out in the streets (peaceful) protesting.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Link

He, needs too fix it, not repeal it!!! Which is what Hilary said all along!!!!!

You don't tear something down entirely, unless you have to! Keep what works and see what can be done to fizx what does not!!!!!

edit on 11-11-2016 by kurthall because: Fix

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The thing is, the ACA is now so ingrained in the sytem, on so many levels that even a total repeal would take at least a few years to really get rid of it.

Amending it might be the smarter way to go.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Link

Makes sense to review it first unless you have a plan to replace it fixing it sounds better

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

"Either Obamacare will be amended, or repealed and replaced," Trump told the newspaper. "I told him I will look at his suggestions, and out of respect, I will do that."

What difference does it make?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Mr Trump said that he may well keep at least two of the main provisions of the healthcare bill. He said that he is favouring retaining a key part of Obamacare that stops insurers from refusing to cover people because they have existing conditions, and another that lets parents add coverage for their children to their own policies.

“I like those very much,” he told the paper.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Yep.

Now that we know what's in it, it can be fixed. It's obviously in dire need of fixing, so I like the fact that it's being discussed.

This is why he needs to be given a chance. Maybe, just maybe, he might surprise some people, me among them.

link   
you guys are cracking me up. obamacare is done. As always trump is the smartest guy in the room.

Trump is just calming the waters right now.

link   
Here we go, so whats the new excuse.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

Oh, so he's lying to us.

OK. That sounds like the Trump I despise. Phew, I was worried there for a moment...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
My hope is that he can see clearly the areas in need of fixing in all national and foreign policy and make changes.

#TrimTheFat

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
We will see how this pans out..but it's not surprising.

As with every president, Obama probably sat him down and explained the reality of the situation..
"look I know you made these promises , I made promiSes too but the reality is you aren't in charge and your not doing half this crap "

Just like Happened to obama.

youtu.be...
I'll come back and fix the vid when I'm not mobile
edit on 11-11-2016 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2016 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'll wait and see what Dr. Ben Carson has to say on the subject.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
you guys are cracking me up. obamacare is done. As always trump is the smartest guy in the room.

Trump is just calming the waters right now.

As did Carson, saying the replacement must be in place before you get rid of the ACA. Maybe these guys might not F up the country as bad as I thought.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join