It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We desperately need personal responsibility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There is a lesson that I learned in Kindergarten that I think this country needs to brush up on:

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS

The victim mentality and blame game in the United Sates is off the charts! So here's how to apply the lesson to current events:

If you bully someone for being a PoC, a woman, or a different religion, YOU are responsible for those actions. Don't you dare try to use Trump as an inspiration. He didn't make you do anything. You did it of your own free will. Which means that you need to look inside your own heart, because I guarantee you that if a person was too compassionate to harm another human being BEFORE Trump was elected, they aren't suddenly going to turn into a bully the night of the election.

If your knee-jerk response to Trump getting elected is to say that you hate white people or riot in the streets, don't you dare blame Trump for driving you to do that. YOU chose to express yourself that way; no one else made you. Trump is not responsible for you considering suicide. Trump is not responsible for you "literally shaking". You are responsible for your own emotions and what you do with them.

It's time we start holding ourselves accountable for our own actions instead of blaming everyone around us. It's time we step into our own power instead of giving it away.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelgarden
country needs more spanked kids and less trophies.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This just goes to show that sense isn't so common nowadays. Just like everything that you are "supposed" to do to better yourself, and others around you. The Golden Rule doesn't apply to these certain individuals. These principles once again need to be instilled.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Amen

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS
This just goes to show that sense isn't so common nowadays.

It's really not. How emotionally infantile do you have to be to think "this person made me feel this way, so I can throw a tantrum and it's all THEIR fault!!"? Especially when tantrum = rioting?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

If you bully someone for being a PoC, a woman, or a different religion, YOU are responsible for those actions. Don't you dare try to use Trump as an inspiration.

Monkey see, monkey do. Trump is a role model now, more than ever before.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I'm glad you posted this as I was going to make a thread expressing my remorse and desire to extend an olive branch but I think what I have to say will fit in here.

To those I probably insulted over the past 2-3 days I want to say that I am sorry.....we sometimes forget the fact that we are all Americans or at least most of us are. I did not sleep well last night and had an unusual nightmare, In my disturbing dream the protests and riots that are currently ongoing escalated into a state of anarchy and it literally turned into Civil War 2 except of course there are no clear battle lines and no fancy distinguishing uniforms that separate "us" from "them". In the violence that ensued I can remember just seeing all kinds of people out in the streets killing each other and I would like to say I didn't participate but I did out of a mentality of me or them as people were also trying to kill me.

When all was over there was bodies everywhere and some of the survivors were celebrating and I finally spoke up and said something to the effect of "What the HELL are you celebrating....these were people! Just the same as us....they were friends, brothers, sisters, neighbors! There is nothing noble about this! There is nothing to celebrate!" And with this statement some of the others slowly began to realize that my words were true but it was too late....

The vitriol needs to end now....we are all Americans and we need to stop being blinded by our fears and hate that is spouted from all angles that have their own reasons not in alignment with the majority of Americans for doing so. The people kicking liberals and democrats when they are most humiliated should try and ease up a little. The people that are either actively promoting or participating in the protests need to take a moment and stop to realize that A. Nothing will be accomplished by continuing and B. It is very Un-American to try and topple the Republic which is the foundation this country has stood on since 1776. We need to find common ground, not continue on the path of hatred and separation. I personally agree with some things the left believe in and some things the right believe in. Why is their even a left and a right? It is as if people can't believe in what they want to believe in on their own and need to associate with a group and feel the need to support all of their policies in order to belong and that is just stupid.

Edit: If you feel this is in the wrong thread than just let me know and I will make my own thread as I do want to say sorry.
edit on 11-11-2016 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

It's scary how people have become vulnerable to let things around them dictate the cause for their negative actions. Humanity is in need of positive guidance now before its too late.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Who did Trump ever assault?

Name one person.

He has only spoken out and encouraged people to defend themselves against DNC paid violent agitators.
edit on 11-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Trump has verbally assaulted too many people to mention, and encouraged physical assault and violence on numerous occasions, and so have many of his spokespeople and supporters.

edit on 11-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Welcome to 'safe place/trigger free' America.

Racism, misogyny, xenophobia, hate, etc. are terms that have been deployed with such frequency that they have been rendered nearly meaningless.

How as a nation did we raise a generation or two of people who confuse their individual liberties from certain government action with the right to be protected from all intellectual offense?

Remember the nursery rhyme 'Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me'? Not anymore. Political correctness masked as civility is a tool of suppression, and the logical progression is that if you are white, or male, or rural, or the misfortune of being the trifecta of all three, you are inherently evil.

Beware of self fulfilling prophecy. There is no doubt in my mind that people are creating the very boogeymen they fear.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkphoenix77

Olive branches are important right now.

In the movie Pulp Fiction, when Mia first meets Vincent, she interviews him. One of the questions was whether or not, during a conversation, he listens or simply waits to talk. The reason I find this relevant is because when you are suffering or experiencing fear, you don't want to listen. You want to tell others and have them listen to you. Well, when the whole world is suffering, no one is listening to each other, and that is what I believe to be the core issue behind what's happening right now. I hope that makes sense.
edit on 11-11-2016 by thepixelgarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelgarden
a reply to: Darkphoenix77

Olive branches are important right now.

In the movie Pulp Fiction, when Mia first meets Vincent, she interviews him. One of the questions was whether or not, during a conversation, he listens or simply waits to talk. The reason I find this relevant is because when you are suffering or experiencing fear, you don't want to listen. You want to tell others and have them listen to you. Well, when the whole world is suffering, no one is listening to each other, and that is what I believe to be the core issue behind what's happening right now. I hope that makes sense.

It does make sense......people will eventually come back down and start listening to each other again I believe....I just felt a need to post that nightmare because my guilt was gnawing at me at some of the low blows I dealt the past few days and that was unfair because regardless of political ideology we are still all people

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The people that blame Trump for violent leftists are the same people that blame women for dressing sexy when they get raped.

top topics

join