It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Vaughan R.I.P.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
News is just breaking on the death of actor and TV personality Robert Vaughan. He was age 83.

He appeared in classic films such as Bullit and The Magnificent Seven

His TV roles included The Man From U.N.C.L.E. and the British series Hustle.

R.I.P. Robert.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Rest In Peace, Napoleon Solo!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I remember him for 'The Bridge at Remagen' (1969). RIP.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
Sad to hear, right after the passing of one of my idols Leonard Cohen. Just recently I was watching re-runs from "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." in one show featured Sonny and Cher and was very amusing.
Thanks Napoleon.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Awesome actor, I loved his role in Superman 3 when he said to Richard Prior: "I ask you to kill superman for me, and you're telling me you can't even do that one simple thing... pftt"..

He will be missed.

edit on 11-11-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Robert Vaughn played many, many great roles.

Funny thing is, I can't help thinking about him without remembering one particular movie he was in. It was a low-budget, T/A, B-movie called Witch Academy. He played the Devil trying to trick this virtuous, mousy girl into marrying him. Typical B-movie stuff. But he played his part very professionally.

That always impressed me. Me? I'd be happy just to be in a stupid movie where I get to see lots of T/A. But if you watch the bloopers at the end of the movie (yes, I have it on DVD) you can see that he took the job very seriously. A lot more seriously than I would have taken the job in his place, talent or no.

Robert Vaughn was very passionate about his craft. He would try to give an Oscar worthy performance in any role he played.

new topics

top topics

join