It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do you believe?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by damefool
It would an awful waste of space if we are the only life form in the universe.

Quoted from the movie 'Contact'.
Damn you, I was going to quote that

Also for me, I think it is plain human arrogance/ignorance to believe we are the only things in the universe that are sentient.
Is it that hard to understand that there is no way in hell that we are the only living beings in the ENTIRE universe?
Of course there are aliens... Alien by very definition is not of this culture/species.
A dog is alien to human, a human from India is alien to those who live in China. etc
Having that being covered, how do you think these Aliens travel to Earth? In walnut shells?
If they can come to earth they would have mastered a higher technology then our own, making their devices/ships alien to our own.
Also, out of the BILLIONS upon BILLIONS of stars out there, there would have to be, by PROBABILITY, ATLEAST one alien civilisation that can travel to other worlds in spacecraft.
.: DEFINE - Spacecraft :. A craft that is capable of traveling in space.

Further investigation would lead us to the conclusion that the other alien civilisations out there would more then likely NOT be human and there fore be of alien design. The typical 'Gray' is the most recognised "alien" out of them all, as they have been used by Hollywood and every tabloid.
There would be aliens out there that could look very much like any number of alien species that we have seen on TV or in movies, from that also, they could look so hideous, we cannot possibly imagine.

When it comes to believing in beings not of this world, most are skeptical. Yet, many believe in this so called 'Jesus' and 'God' (Deities of other Religions also)
They haven't seen them either, so why should they exist over another alien race? Or maybe Jesus and God were both aliens from another world sent here to create a new form of life?
Alas, that is another conspiracy for another thread.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join