It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Can someone tell me what is the point of protesting the US election?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

There's no difference. Rules are rules. Except in the case of a general election, we are talking about LAWS.

Spin should be pointed out as SPIN. Fluff. Crap.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Progressives refused to listen to views or problems outside there SJW movements .
They alienated huge swaths of people.
They closed down any debate and compromise with cries of bigots, racist or uneducated to anyone that dared challenge them.
They forced through change to fast and to quickly.

This mess is on you.
Because you refused to listen, to debate, to compromise you now have risked losing everything you have gained, even the good things.

Congratulations
You have screwed everything up.

Absolutely correct. Its a sad statement about American progressives and the Democratic party that you, as a British citizen, have a MUCH better fundamental understanding of why Trump won this election than they do.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

There's no difference. Rules are rules. Except in the case of a general election, we are talking about LAWS.

Spin should be pointed out as SPIN. Fluff. Crap.

To the people protesting however, there is a difference, which is what I was trying to point out. It's a perceived difference and no one can tell them that they're wrong without getting their SJW sensibilities in an uproar.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: AndyMayhew

The point being, if you want to object or change the system, do it before the vote. Don't wait till after the event to express your concerns.....

Especially since we have been here before.

This is what they told us when we felt the election was stolen from Gore. We were told that we had to accept the outcome so as not to divide the country, and that we had to work to fix the system if we think it is broken.

Yet here we are.

That Bush/Gore election was definitely stolen.

This one, at least, seems to be legit - - - according to how its decided by our current system.

You and I disagree on some things but my respect for you and your position grows with each post I read.

I really wish more people were as open-minded and reasonable as you.

Hope springs eternal...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I'm sorry. Please explain the big difference.

Democrats only had to overturn party rules to honor the popular vote, in 2008. Now, we are talking about violating laws.

TIA.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: RickinVa

"Since Hillary won the popular vote"

Alright....Since Hillary is winning the popular vote

Better?

[snore]

So what?

It's over.

Get used to it. And give the guy a chance, will ya?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I'm sorry. Please explain the big difference.

Democrats only had to overturn party rules to honor the popular vote, in 2008. Now, we are talking about violating laws.

TIA.

The difference solely being in how the Democrats perceive it. Kind of like (insert your NFL team of choice here) having a scrimmage. One side has to lose, but that's ok because 'were all in the same family' versus (insert your NFL team of choice here) losing the superbowl to (insert my NFL team of choice here).

Basically childishly being willfully ignorant to suit their position in the moment.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I was in that "family" then. I LEFT that "family" because of that specific hypocritical BS.

No. 'Perception' is no difference. It's spin. And it is worthless.

The facts say that Democrats didn't care about the popular vote during the 2008 Democratic primary. And that is precisely why I left the party and registered as 'Unaffiliated', in June of 2008.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Its just the result of an entire generation of whiny crybabies who never learned to win or lose gracefully. When you get a trophy just for showing up and everyone in your life tells you everything you do is ok this is what you end up with.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I was in that "family" then. I LEFT that "family" because of that specific hypocritical BS.

The facts say that Democrats didn't care about the popular vote during the 2008 Democratic primary. And that is precisely why I left the party and registered as 'Unaffiliated', in June of 2008.

I left the Republican party because they've just gone crazy off the deep end.

Also registered "Unaffiliated".

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I left the Republican party because they've just gone crazy off the deep end.

Also registered "Unaffiliated".

*high five* for 'Unaffiliated.' It is freedom.

Never belonged to the GOP...but I think no less of you for that, ha. I am a fiscal conservative, after all...'cause corruption in spending. And they are just plain unappealing in every way. Good to have more insight into how you stand, Annee. We are definitely not miles apart.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Somehow I get the feeling that my explaining why is equivalent in your mind to me condoning the action. Don't misinterpret what I say ok? I'm simply trying to explain to you why I believe they are acting the way they are.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I totally understand. I do.

Devll's advocate is what I picked up and think you meant.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I totally understand. I do.

Devll's advocate is what I picked up and think you meant.

Yea. A little bit of that, coupled with simple observation. As long as you see my intent

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Why do toddlers have meltdowns?

They're venting frustrations how they deem fit. It's not about being logical, it's about causing a scene and hoping it'll get you a reward.

Too bad these fools don't realize there is none, and it's wasted energies.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Protest are suppose to be peaceful events. What your seeing now is just temper tantrum. The lost so they have to show there a**.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Like, you all got used to Obama?

The difference is that we bitched for eight years, but we didn't go out and burn # down because we were upset. And when no one listened to our complaints, we voted either Trump or Johnson or Stein.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010
a reply to: crazyewok
no I can not answer your question, I have priorities, such as a job and bills to pay, a life to live, see we folks like that keep moving forward and accept lose, I never wanted Obama but I didn't make an a** of myself in '08 or '12.

to many dumb sh**s have grown up now, they didn't receive their participation trophies, I guess a "I voted" sticker doesn't count?

Wow. You are very unique. You have to work and pay bills.

p.s. is it 5 yet?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver

Like, you all got used to Obama?

The difference is that we bitched for eight years, but we didn't go out and burn # down because we were upset. And when no one listened to our complaints, we voted either Trump or Johnson or Stein.

You bitched at what? Were you like "hey black man, fix this mess that the stupid white man made"

"Oh and give me my guns back that you never took"

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Good to have more insight into how you stand, Annee. We are definitely not miles apart.

I don't really talk about my political beliefs on ATS. They're actually kind of extreme.

I am a Globalist in that we are on this tiny rock in the middle of a vast, violent universe - - - and its just plain stupid not to work together as a whole.

But, definitely fiscal/conservative. I don't support cash handouts. I do support Hand Ups - - but believe you need to do something to earn it. Even if its working a shift in a food co-op.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join