It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Can someone tell me what is the point of protesting the US election?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: AndyMayhew

The point being, if you want to object or change the system, do it before the vote. Don't wait till after the event to express your concerns.....

Especially since we have been here before.

This is what they told us when we felt the election was stolen from Gore. We were told that we had to accept the outcome so as not to divide the country, and that we had to work to fix the system if we think it is broken.

Yet here we are.

That Bush/Gore election was definitely stolen.

This one, at least, seems to be legit - - - according to how its decided by our current system.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

edition.cnn.com...

Basically, poor people in the major cities (High percentage of minority groups) kept Clinton in the race - which tells you why the Democrats are so keen on ramping up immigration (legal and illegal) and throwing more people into dependent "plantations", whilst fighting voter ID laws.
edit on 11/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Trump won - get the # used to it - done, Finoto

Like, you all got used to Obama?

Funny, how you can 'accept" President Obama, who was duly elected in the same infrastructure and voting process as Trump, yet embrace the fact that it doesn't work now because YOUR candidate didn't win.

Uneducated, white male panic - - - votes for who?

Trump - - - the common man who understands their plight.

And so, what you're attempting to say is .... what?? Your message is being lost in whatever progressive obscurity you think is so avant garde to employ.

Obama is actually the common man who understands.

Amazing that so many of a certain group refused to see it.

Which has absolutely zero to do with the reason I replied to you in the first place....you're championing the cause that #NotMyPresident and when someone tells you to accept the fact that he indeed IS your president, like it or not, that they didn't "accept Obama"....by forwarding Obama as your argument was dumb on your part seeing as how you ACCEPT him given that he was elected and placed as POTUS under the same conditions that youre now decrying....don't try and make your argument relevant by reverse logic....it only works on children.

Show me anywhere I said "Not my president"

You are interpreting.

By espousing the same fundamental principle that they do if you believe that Trump is not officially our POTUS. If you do, then no further argument.

FACT: I stated in one of the first threads about the Trump win: "It is what it is".

Now we are discussing events happening after the fact.

You are interpreting what you think something means - - - not what it actually says.

If we are discussing events happening AFTER the fact, why would you bring up Obama as your reference to accepting anything? Having accepted Obama is irrelevant by your own definition if we're ONLY as accepting anything about him is in the past ... stop trying to mask your agenda.

So, you're telling me the majority demographic that voted for Trump - - - - quietly accepted Obama presidency without protest?

Is that what you're claiming?

Nope.

What I'm claiming is that the Majority Demographic that voted for Trump who opposed Obama without resorting to destroying their own towns, without destroying other peoples property, without turning over cars, without beating up a man or woman of a different race simply because they exercised the rights given them come election time and then subsequently steal their car....

That is what I'm claiming.

ETA: There is also some evidence to suggest that quite a few Trump voters were in fact previous Obama supporters.
edit on 11-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I just really hope at least some people will consider that these two parties are in collusion to undo our election system. They colluded in 2000 and 2004 to create problems that would serve as a catalyst for reforms that make our election/voter registration systems LESS-SECURE.

They are colluding now. It's THEM against US. They want to control all the elections. BOTH parties and TOGETHER.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Funny, how you can 'accept" President Obama, who was duly elected in the same infrastructure and voting process as Trump, yet embrace the fact that it doesn't work now because YOUR candidate didn't win.

And so, what you're attempting to say is .... what?? Your message is being lost in whatever progressive obscurity you think is so avant garde to employ.

Which has absolutely zero to do with the reason I replied to you in the first place....you're championing the cause that #NotMyPresident and when someone tells you to accept the fact that he indeed IS your president, like it or not, that they didn't "accept Obama"....by forwarding Obama as your argument was dumb on your part seeing as how you ACCEPT him given that he was elected and placed as POTUS under the same conditions that youre now decrying....don't try and make your argument relevant by reverse logic....it only works on children.

You are interpreting.

By espousing the same fundamental principle that they do if you believe that Trump is not officially our POTUS. If you do, then no further argument.

FACT: I stated in one of the first threads about the Trump win: "It is what it is".

You are interpreting what you think something means - - - not what it actually says.

If we are discussing events happening AFTER the fact, why would you bring up Obama as your reference to accepting anything? Having accepted Obama is irrelevant by your own definition if we're ONLY as accepting anything about him is in the past ... stop trying to mask your agenda.

So, you're telling me the majority demographic that voted for Trump - - - - quietly accepted Obama presidency without protest?

Nope.

What I'm claiming is that the Majority Demographic that voted for Trump who opposed Obama without resorting to destroying their own towns, without destroying other peoples property, without turning over cars, without beating up a man or woman of a different race simply because they exercised the rights given them come election time and then subsequently steal their car....

Yes, well we all know the claims of what demographic destroys their own towns, now don't we.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

edition.cnn.com...

Basically, poor people in the major cities (High percentage of minority groups) kept Clinton in the race - which tells you why the Democrats are so keen on ramping up immigration (legal and illegal) and throwing more people into dependent "plantations", whilst fighting voter ID laws.

I am NOT a Democrat. Let's make that clear.

"That which is not earned has no value"

Which has zero to do with people who are displaced by war or Equal Rights/Equal Treatment.

edit on 11-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You are interpreting.

Nope.

Yes, well we all know the claims of what demographic destroys their own towns, now don't we.

LOL now I tell you specifically what they did NOT do, and still you want to argue. Why don't you make a list of all the things that would make you happy to hear, and ill start campaigning for you on ATS to have all those things fulfilled so that you can put your mind at ease that no one finds themselves in the unique position of having a different view than you.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You are interpreting.

Nope.

LOL now I tell you specifically what they did NOT do, and still you want to argue. Why don't you make a list of all the things that would make you happy to hear, and ill start campaigning for you on ATS to have all those things fulfilled so that you can put your mind at ease that no one finds themselves in the unique position of having a different view than you.

Try and weasel out of it.

We all know what demographic this refers to:

Demographic that voted for Trump who opposed Obama without resorting to destroying their own towns, without destroying other peoples property, without turning over cars, without beating up a man or woman of a different race simply because they exercised the rights given them come election time and then subsequently steal their car....

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It is the only leverage Obama/Hillary have left.

Behind the scenes they are most likely threatening Trump to either promise not to prosecute them or they will continue to unleash their network of Soros/occupy/BLM terrorists to destroy our cities.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You are interpreting.

Nope.

Demographic that voted for Trump who opposed Obama without resorting to destroying their own towns, without destroying other peoples property, without turning over cars, without beating up a man or woman of a different race simply because they exercised the rights given them come election time and then subsequently steal their car....

Yes we do. Us Adult Americans who realize that by taking a stance contrary to the above is actually detrimental to society as a whole.

What, in your imaginary world (I'm sorry, do you call it safe-space?) could you imagine that I'm trying to weasel out of...If I'm trying to weasel out of anything at all, is in my error....believing that having an adult conversation with you where we the adult population make concessions that we have somethings we need to lose versus your "I have to be right or else" mentality, is simply a pipe dream.
edit on 11-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I am. I'm not so sure of Trump supporters.

So, you believe this is all intentional? Who really believes Bush "W" ran that presidency? So maybe.

I believe confidently that the vast majority of Trump supporters would have preferred far less divisive rhetoric from Trump and far more talk about 'draining the swamp' and media collusion, instead.

The "Trump supporters are racist and misogynistic" talk feels so empty to me since -- for the first time in my life -- I was called a racist for supporting Hillary Clinton over Barack Obama, in 2008. And then my own party used all the misogyny they could muster to defeat Hillary and bury Sarah Palin.

They also stole 600,000 votes from their own voters -- Democratic voters -- in Michigan, and simply handed them to Obama. Some of them were votes that Hillary Clinton won. Obama's name wasn't even on that ballot -- he voluntarily withdrew it.

These cries about racism, sexism, and unfair elections are completely hollow to my ears. Hypocrites. HYPOCRITES!

And, yes, I think everything we see from these two parties is completely orchestrated. They will do anything to grab all the power and money that they can and f- the voters.

edit on 11-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

"Since Hillary won the popular vote"

Alright....Since Hillary is winning the popular vote

Better?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: avgguy

Well they should burn the buildings and beat up the progresive leaders that landed them in this mess.

wouldn't that just be a great idea if people actually went after what makes them angry instead of all this misplaced rage. But what do you expect from people who voted for "HER"! To them, it's everyone else's fault, never their own, or their leaders......

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I too wonder what exactly is being protested. Ranting and raving about losing used to be called being a sore loser.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You are interpreting.

Nope.

Care to show me the riots when Obama won?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
TTP is likely dead. The EU have given up trying to get the US to sign it apparently

First victory for Trump , for which the left wing protesters on the streets right now should be thanking him for.

Trump is due to officially kill the trade agreement (not renegotiate it) in his first couple of days.
edit on 11/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I would love the details to become public too.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

edition.cnn.com...

I am NOT a Democrat. Let's make that clear.

"That which is not earned has no value"

Which has zero to do with people who are displaced by war or Equal Rights/Equal Treatment.

I am not saying you are a Democrat, only that the Democrat party must rely on those that are trapped into had outs and poverty. If those people find any prosperity then the Democratic party of today is gone. War and equal right has nothing to do with it.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Posting this here, too...

REMEMBER EVERYONE: Hillary won the popular vote, during the 2008 Democratic primary, by nearly 300,000 votes.

Who was the nominee? The guy with the most delegates and the LEAST votes: Barack Obama.

Link

Screw these hypocritical Democrat voters. They are fine with the popular voter winner being the LOSER...or they were in 2008. Now they say they are 'above' that and being cheated.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
Posting this here, too...

REMEMBER EVERYONE: Hillary won the popular vote, during the 2008 Democratic primary, by nearly 300,000 votes.

Who was the nominee? The guy with the most delegates and the LEAST votes: Barack Obama.

Link

Screw these hypocritical Democrat voters. They are fine with the popular voter winner being the LOSER...or they were in 2008. Now they say they are 'above' that and being cheated.

In concept, I agree with you. They are hypocritical. However, there is absolutely a marked difference between losing to intra-party candidates during a primary, and losing the Presidency to an extra-party candidate. Frankly, even if there weren't a difference either party whether it were Democratic or Republican's that were the losers, they would still somehow spin it to make it seem more horrific than it is.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join