It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Can someone tell me what is the point of protesting the US election?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Speaking as a neutral Brit i thought the same, non whites and females must have voted for Trump to win FL?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyDavidson

Speaking as a neutral Brit i thought the same, non whites and females must have voted for Trump to win FL?

There are statics you can read.

Educated white women voted for Clinton.

I don't make these statistics up.

There was a huge gender divide in this election.

edit on 11-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Trump won - get the # used to it - done, Finoto

Like, you all got used to Obama?

Funny, how you can 'accept" President Obama, who was duly elected in the same infrastructure and voting process as Trump, yet embrace the fact that it doesn't work now because YOUR candidate didn't win.

Uneducated, white male panic - - - votes for who?

Trump - - - the common man who understands their plight.

And so, what you're attempting to say is .... what?? Your message is being lost in whatever progressive obscurity you think is so avant garde to employ.

Obama is actually the common man who understands.

Amazing that so many of a certain group refused to see it.

Which has absolutely zero to do with the reason I replied to you in the first place....you're championing the cause that #NotMyPresident and when someone tells you to accept the fact that he indeed IS your president, like it or not, that they didn't "accept Obama"....by forwarding Obama as your argument was dumb on your part seeing as how you ACCEPT him given that he was elected and placed as POTUS under the same conditions that youre now decrying....don't try and make your argument relevant by reverse logic....it only works on children.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Funny, how you can 'accept" President Obama, who was duly elected in the same infrastructure and voting process as Trump, yet embrace the fact that it doesn't work now because YOUR candidate didn't win.

And so, what you're attempting to say is .... what?? Your message is being lost in whatever progressive obscurity you think is so avant garde to employ.

Which has absolutely zero to do with the reason I replied to you in the first place....you're championing the cause that #NotMyPresident and when someone tells you to accept the fact that he indeed IS your president, like it or not, that they didn't "accept Obama"....by forwarding Obama as your argument was dumb on your part seeing as how you ACCEPT him given that he was elected and placed as POTUS under the same conditions that youre now decrying....don't try and make your argument relevant by reverse logic....it only works on children.

Show me anywhere I said "Not my president"

You are interpreting.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

You are interpreting.

By espousing the same fundamental principle that they do if you believe that Trump is not officially our POTUS. If you do, then no further argument.

ETA: and by saying you recognize himm as our duly elected President, you are, by extension "Accepting" him as our President, because they ARE one and the same.
edit on 11-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Are you saying the majority voting population in FL is white males then?
That would seem to be essential if the argument is that white males won it?
...or non whites and females also voted for Trump.
I imagine non whites and females also voted for him, the white male demographic cannot be THAT big in FL.

edit on 11-11-2016 by TonyDavidson because: auto correct error

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

How is it a mockery?

It worked exactly the way it was supposed to with surprisingly little issue.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

You are interpreting.

By espousing the same fundamental principle that they do if you believe that Trump is not officially our POTUS. If you do, then no further argument.

FACT: I stated in one of the first threads about the Trump win: "It is what it is".

Now we are discussing events happening after the fact.

You are interpreting what you think something means - - - not what it actually says.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I am an educated latino that could no stand the stench of Hillary scandals and deception and I know plenty like me latinos also.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The point is this entire election was orchestrated to undo the Electoral College system.

I think that there is something to that. Trump kept saying that election was "rigged" and that the "Electoral College is destroying democracy."

Since Hillary won the popular vote, it's no wonder to me why these people are protesting in the streets. What I don't condone is the violence, but personally, I think the violence is a planned psyop, orchestrated by TPTB ans would have happened regardless of who won.

"Since Hillary won the popular vote"

Really...all of the votes are counted now?

Politco shows 17 States has having uncounted votes still out. Still too close to call IMO.

Look at the states that are far behind in counting...California and Washington still in the 60% range, last time I checked.

Hillary's popular vote win is going to grow.

The electors are going to have a very good excuse to be faithless.

This was all completely orchestrated. They are dragging out the counting to create more civil unrest.

We are in the middle of a sh*tstorm.

I literally hate Hillary and Trump. But I can handle four years of the person elected: Trump. I haven't voted for a winner since 1996. I swallowed all those losses even though it sucked, time & again. No one changed the rules to suit me.

I cannot handle changing the rules after the vote. I hope all hell breaks loose if they do this. I am sick of feeling like my vote is being defiled. I don't care how right Democrats think they are. They have an opportunity to vote against him in four years.

Faithless electors is a very dark road to travel on.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyDavidson

And even in Texas,

The latinos that I relate too are not only educated, but came into this country by legal means and never had the need for government assistance, that makes a big difference on what they perceive to be right or wrong.

edit on 11-11-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

You are interpreting.

FACT: I stated in one of the first threads about the Trump win: "It is what it is".

You are interpreting what you think something means - - - not what it actually says.

If we are discussing events happening AFTER the fact, why would you bring up Obama as your reference to accepting anything? Having accepted Obama is irrelevant by your own definition if we're ONLY as accepting anything about him is in the past ... stop trying to mask your agenda.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

College Graduated White women voted for Clinton 51-45 (much closer than the media were making up before the election)
White women overall voted for Trump in a landslide 53-43.
College grad white men voted for Trump in a landslide 54-39

Basically Trump had no problem getting the female vote he needed or the college grad. votes he needed.

The main reason the election was even close is because Trump did not manage to get a decent percentage of the black and Hispanic votes (although he beat Romney's totals).

If Trump does a good job for inner cities in the next 4 years then he will win all 50 states in 2020.

edit on 11/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Soros.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The US is not a democracy. It is a representative republic. That means we have a group of people that speak for the masses--the electoral college.

The general election is over. The public has voted. The electoral college has not voted. The way it is supposed to work is that they follow the will of the voters in each state. If this happens then Trump is president.

People are protesting to sway the electoral college to go against the grain. That is what is being said to you here by MotherMayEye on page two. The system would be broken and riots for real would break out across the nation for real. Martial law may be enacted.

So there is your answer. Plus, it is fun tipping cars over and setting them on fire!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

The reason for the protests are not really that hard to discern.

DOWN WITH DEMOCRACY !!

Yup. Good thing this is not a democracy.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The US is not a democracy. It is a representative republic. That means we have a group of people that speak for the masses--the electoral college.

The general election is over. The public has voted. The electoral college has not voted. The way it is supposed to work is that they follow the will of the voters in each state. If this happens then Trump is president.

People are protesting to sway the electoral college to go against the grain. That is what is being said to you here by MotherMayEye on page two. The system would be broken and riots for real would break out across the nation for real. Martial law may be enacted.

So there is your answer. Plus, it is fun tipping cars over and setting them on fire!

Exactly - and that is precisely what the Nazi Lady Gaga is urging people to sign a petition for.
Ignore the vote and select Clinton.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

College Graduated White women voted for Clinton 51-45 (much closer than the media were making up before the election)
White women overall voted for Trump in a landslide 53-43.
College grad white men voted for Trump in a landslide 54-39

Basically Trump had no problem getting the female vote he needed or the college grad. votes he needed.

The main reason the election was even close is because Trump did not manage to get a decent percentage of the black and Hispanic votes (although he beat Romney's totals).

If Trump does a good job for inner cities in the next 4 years then he will win all 50 states in 2020.

If you're going to quote statistics.

You need to link your source.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

The point being, if you want to object or change the system, do it before the vote. Don't wait till after the event to express your concerns.....

Especially since we have been here before.

This is what they told us when we felt the election was stolen from Gore. We were told that we had to accept the outcome so as not to divide the country, and that we had to work to fix the system if we think it is broken.

Yet here we are.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

You are interpreting.

If we are discussing events happening AFTER the fact, why would you bring up Obama as your reference to accepting anything? Having accepted Obama is irrelevant by your own definition if we're ONLY as accepting anything about him is in the past ... stop trying to mask your agenda.

So, you're telling me the majority demographic that voted for Trump - - - - quietly accepted Obama presidency without protest?

Is that what you're claiming?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join