It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Can someone tell me what is the point of protesting the US election?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Annee

The truth is that the vast majority of voters are socially liberal and fiscally conservative. They just never offer up a strong candidate that fits the bill. That's so intentional.

I am. I'm not so sure of Trump supporters.

So, you believe this is all intentional? Who really believes Bush "W" ran that presidency? So maybe.

Sounds like we're drifting into what should be its own thread.

Best we move on

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Nice evaluation without knowing me at all.

Yup, this sure looks like Trump awakened the best in humanity (looking around very confused). And get a late pass, Occupy Wall street was already a progressive push against the top-down corruption. There was already a progressive push against the corporatocracy and a government that is controlled by it... on both sides. We were already tired. Where were you?

This (Trump) was a protest vote against the people that white men have been able to keep down historically, and won't be able to keep down much longer. And oddly enough the Trump supporters have elected a person (& an admitted corrupter) that embodies everything that has held them down as people as well. This vote was the last stand against a changing world. The future of this country is diverse, enjoy the last white won election.

Trump is a plant to undo the Electoral College? Yeah... ok. Conjecture at best, tin foil hat stuff at worst.

Progressives are for progress... and yes there will be a fight coming. Against all that stands in the way. The Democrats are stuck in old ways, and the Republicans are really stuck in old ways (i.e. Trump). Trump is nothing new, he's the worst of the old.

Pat yourself on the back for making baseless and incorrect assumptions.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The biggest point that Hillary supporters are making by protesting, is that they are very hateful, intolerant, bigoted, and opposed to democratically elected presidents.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: okrian

So you preferred that kleptomaniac paedophilic Globalist Clinton family?

Yes, I'd prefer to sweat through 4 years of Clinton's problems (where I know all the good progress isn't going to get rolled back) rather than a kleptomaniac, pedopheliac, globalist, xenophobic, bigoted, progress-detroying, tax-dodging, draft dodging, corporatocacy-supporting, enemy-of-the-people Trump.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

In my opinion, the crux of the problem is weakening employment exacerbating economic anxiety that is being seized upon for political gain.

I pointed this out in a thread regarding the Charlotte protests.

There's nothing like economic anxiety to cause a population to fractionalize along tribal lines and then it's simply a matter of saying, "these people over here are the problem" and human psychology will handle the rest.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

My evaluation was entirely based on what you wrote. I stand by it after reading your follow up.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
As Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz might have put it: "you’ve had plenty of time to lodge any formal complaint and it’s far too late to start making a fuss about it now... Apathetic bloody people, I’ve no sympathy at all.

The point being, if you want to object or change the system, do it before the vote. Dont wait till after the event to express your concerns.....

(Though of course, we all know that had the result gone the other way then all these protesters would be quite happy. And it would be Trump supporters complaining that the system is unfair .....)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Sure I can.

None.

Zero.

Trump won - get the # used to it - done, Finoto,.

Get it yet?

I am mildly disgusted at this stupid crap

Maybe they ought to leave in the first available transplantation.

Ass hat's and ass clowns = all.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
We have seen similar things in other countries, like the UK or Poland. I guess voicing their displeasure with the outcome makes them feel better. And although it is obviously too late to change anything about the election, doing so is perfectly fine as long as it stays peaceful.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

Progressives are for progress... and yes there will be a fight coming. Against all that stands in the way. The Democrats are stuck in old ways, and the Republicans are really stuck in old ways (i.e. Trump). Trump is nothing new, he's the worst of the old.

This I completely agree with.

I am definitely progressive.

"Blinders" to who Trump really is. It just shocks me. Open your eyes.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Trump won - get the # used to it - done, Finoto

Like, you all got used to Obama?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

This is the beginning of how without control our election system will become a mockery for no only this president elect but many to come, until our democratic system is completely destroy by what it seems radical infiltrators.

Real Americans do not do this, we are a nation of immigrants and they for generations have respected our system but now it seems that is a new wave of Americans that have not respect and neither any loyalties toward our nation values.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The point is this entire election was orchestrated to undo the Electoral College system.

I think that there is something to that. Trump kept saying that election was "rigged" and that the "Electoral College is destroying democracy."

Since Hillary won the popular vote, it's no wonder to me why these people are protesting in the streets. What I don't condone is the violence, but personally, I think the violence is a planned psyop, orchestrated by TPTB ans would have happened regardless of who won.

"Since Hillary won the popular vote"

Really...all of the votes are counted now?

Politco shows 17 States has having uncounted votes still out. Still too close to call IMO.

edit on R072016-11-11T13:07:58-06:00k0711Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Funny, how you can 'accept" President Obama, who was duly elected in the same infrastructure and voting process as Trump, yet embrace the fact that it doesn't work now because YOUR candidate didn't win.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Funny, how you can 'accept" President Obama, who was duly elected in the same infrastructure and voting process as Trump, yet embrace the fact that it doesn't work now because YOUR candidate didn't win.

Uneducated, white male panic - - - votes for who?

Trump - - - the common man who understands their plight.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Wrong it was not I will say it was not only whites voting for Trump I live in one of the black states and it was Republican before the elections and is still Republican after this elections. So to say that only whites voted for Trump is wrong, its geared to incite racism, bigotry and divisions.

Florida have a big population of Latinos and even that state was won by Republicans, the Hillary campaign lie, deceived their followers and now is hard to accept the truth.

Enough is enough.

edit on 11-11-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

And so, what you're attempting to say is .... what?? Your message is being lost in whatever progressive obscurity you think is so avant garde to employ.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Wrong it was not I will say it was not only whites voting for Trump

Majority statistic.

Not something I made up.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

And so, what you're attempting to say is .... what?? Your message is being lost in whatever progressive obscurity you think is so avant garde to employ.

Obama is actually the common man who understands.

Amazing that so many of a certain group refused to see it.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Wrong it was not I will say it was not only whites voting for Trump

Majority statistic.

Not something I made up.

Sounds to me more like you're panicking....making up statistics to suit your argument is a first sign. But then again, you WERE so adamant about Clinton winning the election without even entertaining the thought that it wouldn't happen, only to be proven wrong. I guess there's no reason why you couldn't possibly be wrong now....ya know, track record and all.
edit on 11-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join