It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Can someone tell me what is the point of protesting the US election?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

So you preferred that kleptomaniac paedophilic Globalist Clinton family?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Trump also awakened the best in humanity: People are tired of the corruption in the government & the media.

Have you been one sided and not researched Trump.

Trump is very corrupt.

Seriously, I think most Trump supporters have a "vision" of who they think Trump is, but haven't a clue who he really is.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Because the majority of voters did not vote for the hatred expelled by Trump.
Because we have a broken electoral system.
Because we live in the United States and dissent is not just a right but our duty.
Because a lot of people want this coming admin to know that we will not be standing idly by to watch them divide and destroy us.
Because the majority of the people in the United States are not looking forward to the politics outlined by Trump.
Because the people can see not just the damage coming, but the damage that has already been done by his campaign to our great country.
Because Trump has awakened the worst sides of humanity.
Because people like you are doing the work of those that would support tyranny and attempting to stifle dissent.
Because we are Americans.
Get ready.

This sounds like the same people who blamed Obama for the financial melt down and high unemployment just after he took office. Heck, some wanted to blame him for the terrorist attacks on NY.
The "worst sides of humanity" have and will always be there. It is just the weak and small minded who will find an excuse to let it out.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: okrian

So you preferred that kleptomaniac paedophilic Globalist Clinton family?

Let me know when charges are filed.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Trump also awakened the best in humanity: People are tired of the corruption in the government & the media.

Trump is very corrupt.

Seriously, I think most Trump supporters have a "vision" of who they think Trump is, but haven't a clue who he really is.

Did it sound like I don't think Trump is corrupt? I was hoping by calling him a plant and stating that I think he is helping undo the EC system that it sounded like I think he is VERY corrupt.

But that doesn't change the fact that his voters BELIEVED him when he talked about 'draining the swamp' and when he bashed media collusion.

He did bring out the best in people even if he is a total and complete FRAUD.

ETA: And BTW, I knew...I MEAN I KNEW FOR CERTAIN...that Trump is a political operative plant corrupt fraudulent mess back in 2011.

But let me repeat: Trump also awakened the best in humanity: People are tired of the corruption in the government & the media.

And if Trump had left out all the divisive rhetoric, they would have still voted for him but with a lot more enthusiasm.

edit on 11-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Same as the BS with the petition calling on the electoral votes to be cast for Clinton regardless of whether she won that state or not...

Last time I checked, they were over 700,000 signatures.

Idiots don't even realize that IF and that is a HUGE IF, the electoral vote were cast on Dec 19 against the popular vote and they somehow managed to get enough delegates to flip and go against the popular vote of the people of their state, and somehow managed to give Hillary 270, it still has to be approved by congress in January, which would never happen if the delegates went renegade and slid their votes to Clinton.

Same ole same ole..... wha wha wha.

And all of the above is nullified by the fact that she has already conceded the election, it will not be changed no matter how much they cry.
edit on R022016-11-11T12:02:12-06:00k0211Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R022016-11-11T12:02:57-06:00k0211Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It's simple, they belong to the new radical left, and the radical left absolutely CAN NOT admit defeat - if they admit defeat on ANYTHING their entire system of being right 100% of the time will collapse.

The new wave Nazi's (on the left) don't know their arse from their elbow and hate differences of opinion (you racist). Nowhere in their lexicon is the word rationality or logic. The left no longer cares for anything OTHER than confirmation bias and self perpetuation, even at the cost of human life. They disgust me, I hope they simply vanish of the face of the Earth in a mass abduction event and get returned as sane, rationally minded people.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: I can't spell ....

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
This has been brewing before Trump came along - the anger has been there since the inside job of 911 and the invasion of the Middle East, or don't you count the millions killed and displaced from the Middle East?

But Trump has already kicked the Saudi Prince in the teeth on Twitter, so technically, people should be pleased that Trump might very well expose the evil-doers who created hell in the Middle-East since 9/11.

Instead they are burning their home towns to the ground.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The Democrats definitely screwed the pooch in terms of taking for granted the vote of blue collar whites in the Rust Belt states that have been long voting their way.

That's not the same as "not compromising" though it is arguably, not listening.

Either way, it has nothing to do with some of these other things that you're trying to conflate. What is forcing through change too fast exactly?

Same sex marriage?

How long should people wait for equal rights? How long should we deny equal rights to people in the interest of keeping another segment of society from feeling uncomfortable?

"Sorry folks, you're second class because the first class isn't quite ready to deal with you being full-fledged citizens"

I'm just curious what changes you're specifically referring to.

As to why people are protesting? I imagine they're protesting for a variety of reasons, not least of which are specific fears based on the rhetoric employed by our President-elect. Some Muslims are afraid of persecution. Some members of the LGBTQ community are afraid of losing rights the rights they struggled for. There are many Americans afraid of a "law and order" President who stated a belief that Stop-and-Frisk should be expanded nationwide. The existing Stop-and-Frisk program has led to enormous violations of the Constitutionally protected rights against unreasonable search and seizure. More generally but related would be the expansion of the police state and mass incarceration which affects everyone but disproportionately minority groups.

A very large percentage of the West Coast protesters are very upset by the prospect of a "deportation force" that will be yanking people from homes, splitting up familes, seperating parents and children, etc. How real these fears are is up for debate but these fears were certainly fed by Pesident-elect Trump's own words.

Then there are of course people protesting because the election didn't go their way. Among them are people upset because unlike any other election in the United States and unlike how most other nations elect their head of state, we've employ a system for selecting our head of state that disregards the national popular vote and it's resulted in two elections in the last sixteen years where the winner got a smaller portion of the popular vote than the candidate who came in second in electoral votes. Prior to these two occurences, you'd have to go back to the 19th Century to find another example and it's happened twice in the last five elections and in both cases the winner was the Republican.

That doesn't sit well with a lot of people. Hell, it doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy to know that my state has 14 electoral votes and a population of 9 million and Wyoming has 3 electoral votes and a population of 600k. Do the math. The vote of every voter in Wyoming counts three times as much as mine. I understand the reason for the electoral college but that's an exceptionally hard pill to swallow and I think if the shoe were on the other foot, the "other side" would find it equally so.

That said, the election is over and people need to accept the results. If they want to protest, that's their right but it seems as though there are always groups of agitators inserting themselves into protests and fomenting violence and destruction of property.

I blame this on a lack of effective leadership. Successful, peaceful protests that don't devolve into riots in this country tend to have something in common — strong leaders with a well articulated agenda.

edit on 2016-11-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Progressives have never been about democracy. From Adolf Hitler and Mussolini's progressive movements of years gone by to today. They simply do not accept democracy. It's a 'do what we say' ideology. When they don't get their way, they resort to violence.

This won't stop until those organising are brought to justice. Start with Soros. The rest will fall.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
I completely agree "cut off the head" as the saying goes.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Can someone tell me what is the point of protesting the US election?

People need to vent, so that's what they do.

Is it constructive to vent the way they are ? No.

But vent they will.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I would also add that if people are actually interested in fixing anything then the answer isn't to claim that you're righteous because you've been ignored and then turn around and dismiss the opposition.

That's just stupid tit for tat that will only lead to more of the same.

Reconciliation can only come through both sides listening to one another instead of trying to delegitimize which is exactly what I see several people doing in this thread.

In other words, if you want to be part of the problem, don't whine that the problem exists. If you want to resolve it, stop being part of it.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Because the majority of voters did not vote for the hatred expelled by Trump.

what hatred? securing the border? that's not hatred.

Because we have a broken electoral system.

when a handful of states can determine the course of the country, yes it's broken.

Because we live in the United States and dissent is not just a right but our duty.
Because a lot of people want this coming admin to know that we will not be standing idly by to watch them divide and destroy us.

demonstrate peacefully. write a letter to the editor. volunteer. but don't disrupt other peoples' lives.

Because the majority of the people in the United States are not looking forward to the politics outlined by Trump.
Because the people can see not just the damage coming, but the damage that has already been done by his campaign to our great country.

Hillary didn't exactly sing the praises of harmony and tolerance when she called me 'deplorable'.

Because Trump has awakened the worst sides of humanity.
Because people like you are doing the work of those that would support tyranny and attempting to stifle dissent.

love of country and respect for rule of law are not the worst sides of humanity. protecting the jobs of one's countrymen and working against deep-seated corruption are not the worst sides of humanity.
how is any of this promoting tyranny or stifling dissent?

Because we are Americans.
Get ready.

we're Americans too. get ready for some housecleaning! drain that swamp Trumpster!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Trump is very corrupt.

Did it sound like I don't think Trump is corrupt? I was hoping by calling him a plant and stating that I think he is helping undo the EC system that it sounded like I think he is VERY corrupt.

But that doesn't change the fact that his voters BELIEVED him when he talked about 'draining the swamp' and when he bashed media collusion.

He did bring out the best in people even if he is a total and complete FRAUD.

ETA: And BTW, I knew...I MEAN I KNEW FOR CERTAIN...that Trump is a political operative plant corrupt fraudulent mess back in 2011.

Oh, OK.

Yes, I can see that his voters believed in him.

I've listened to him. He has a soft mesmerizing voice - - and tells people what they want to hear. I can see being completely gullible in his speaking presence. But, that doesn't work on me.

I keep going back to this quote by: Germinal Van - B.A. Political Science (interesting reading: www.quora.com...

Of course he was narcissistic. That's why he made people believe in him the way he believed in himself. He had the exact traits of a narcissistic person, he loved himself more than anything, he always blamed others for his own actions, he never felt guilty about anything. He wanted to be worshipped, he was extremely manipulative, did not care about one's feelings. All he cared about was power and greed. That's a typical narcissistic person.

The quote is in reference to Hitler. To me, it sounds exactly what Trump is. How many times have you heard "How could the people let Hitler happen"? We're seeing it right now.

BTW - - I am far more Republican thinking (minus all political religious involvement) - - - then anything else. The only thing that might be considered Liberal about me is my passion for Equal Rights/Equal Treatment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reminder to myself: Can someone tell me what is the point of protesting the US election?

Publicly voicing opinion of what many consider a horrible error - - - - is a right we still have.

edit on 11-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Case in point.

Are you advocating for reconciliation or submission because it sounds a whole like the latter. Calling people Nazis and delegitimizing their concerns and points of view? Isn't that exactly what Trump's supporters were claiming inspires them?

That's at best continuing a cycle of retaliation that will only end when one side eradicates the other.

At worst, what you're insinuating could be taken as a demand for authoritarian rule to squash your political opponents which is the antithesis of democracy.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The truth is that the vast majority of voters are socially liberal and fiscally conservative. They just never offer up a strong candidate that fits the bill. That's so intentional.

edit on 11-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The point is this entire election was orchestrated to undo the Electoral College system.

I think that there is something to that. Trump kept saying that election was "rigged" and that the "Electoral College is destroying democracy."

Since Hillary won the popular vote, it's no wonder to me why these people are protesting in the streets. What I don't condone is the violence, but personally, I think the violence is a planned psyop, orchestrated by TPTB ans would have happened regardless of who won.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
There is a petition going around, and I believe the protestors are also trying to convince the electoral college to just vote for Hillary anyway.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
There is a petition going around, and I believe the protestors are also trying to convince the electoral college to just vote for Hillary anyway.

Which would now, support Trumps (errant) theory about Election Rigging. Congratulations to them.

"Hey, I have an idea, lets just say she won! Yea! Yea!".....morons
edit on 11-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: Election not Poll >.>

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join