It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Can someone tell me what is the point of protesting the US election?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The point is this entire election was orchestrated to undo the Electoral College system.

Bill Clinton asked Trump to run.

Trump's EC win was orchestrated.

Hillary's large popular vote win was orchestrated.

The protests are orchestrated.

The vote-counting dragging on is orchestrated to create as much civil unrest as possible.

And when we see the rules change and a bunch of faithless electors vote against their states' to make Hillary the winner...that will be orchestrated, too.

Enjoy your corrupt election system, people. I will never cast another vote in this sh*t criminal system that conspires against the voters ever again.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: avgguy

Well they should burn the buildings and beat up the progresive leaders that landed them in this mess.

What mess?? The mess Bush JR left???, The Housing Crisis, huge recession, gas at almost $5per gallon, jobless rates at an all time high! Under Bush is when I lost my job, insurance, and almost my home!!!!! Thank God that mess 8 years ago is over!!!

Great Job decent (expensive but worth it) insurance, yeah I am finally back in the green, the past 6 years after being CRUSHED thanks to Bush!!! He left the White House with an approval rating of 22% even Truman had 32%!!!!! Oh and STILL no Osama Bin Laden!

Thanks Trump supporters, hope I still have a job in 4 years!!!!

edit on 11-11-2016 by kurthall because: Add

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
millions of Americans are wondering right along with you... what the heck..

They smiled and nodded while Bernie got the shaft... but now when the systems seems to have worked correctly (and that is what happened till evidence shows otherwise) they freak out and start burning things... it makes me weep for the future.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
To the modern liberal mindset/SJWs etc democracy and freedom of expression is only valid when it makes the choices they are told to believe it should. When that does not happen we see them for children in adults bodies they actually are. There is nothing free or liberal about this type of person who believes that there way should be the only way and should be enforced by authority or whatever means necessary. The modern liberal is a fascist schoolmarm.
edit on 11-11-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

As the title says Can someone tell me what is the point of protesting the US election?

I mean Trump WON.

The election is over.

I can only say ask me in 4 years. I'm still trying to see both sides. Was opposition to Obama good for the country? NO

This is going to be a "Black and White" presidency IMO.

No, not skin color - - - - he'll either succeed or he will fail. I don't see any in-between.

EDIT: emotionally I want to be out there protesting. But, that's not how I roll.

edit on 11-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

link   
Oh to be young and full of ideals. After they've been on a few protests and they find out that actually no-one gives a damn they'll learn how stoopid they were and just stop. But by then another generation of eedjits will have "grown up".
Unless of course it's just an excuse for a get together.

link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

I'm not sure I can get on board with that statement. The country was divided almost exactly in half being approximately 60 million votes on both sides. If she were unelectable, she wouldn't even have come close.

She was a bad choice/unelectable cause she LOST to Trump.

Any other candidate (besides Nancy Pelosi who is bat # insane) would likley easily have crushed him with ease.

Trump was a piss poor, unqualified twat of a candidate. He should of been easy to beat.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

$15 bucks an hour from soros

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

In another post a little while ago, this is what I had said regarding this very phenomenon:

Well folks, this should actually be a (albeit violent) huge study and lesson for those who appreciate observing the human condition and adaptability.

What we're seeing here is the end result of the education system and extra-curricular activities being forced into a position that kids are taught "everyone has to win" and that "there are no losers".....when you're brought up in a world with this mentality, you see - this entire thread and other threads - violence. You see unrest. You see people who just cant even believe that they, too, don't win along with the winner.

It's unfortunately a very real result and it's now showing how detrimental that can be.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Because the majority of voters did not vote for the hatred expelled by Trump.
Because we have a broken electoral system.
Because we live in the United States and dissent is not just a right but our duty.
Because a lot of people want this coming admin to know that we will not be standing idly by to watch them divide and destroy us.
Because the majority of the people in the United States are not looking forward to the politics outlined by Trump.
Because the people can see not just the damage coming, but the damage that has already been done by his campaign to our great country.
Because Trump has awakened the worst sides of humanity.
Because people like you are doing the work of those that would support tyranny and attempting to stifle dissent.
Because we are Americans.
Get ready.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Ok, now it seems you want to turn this into another Trump bashing thread instead of wanting real answers...here's where I depart.

link   

Can someone tell me what is the point of protesting the US election?

In theory? Or in practice? Or maybe I should say "the stated reasons" or "the real reasons."

As regards the former, I've read a couple things, like protesting the electoral college as well as to protest that Trump is a racist and misogynist and every other "ist" they can think of.

As regards the latter, it's $$$ -- I'm betting dollars to donuts the vast majority of the protesters are paid protesters... and that virtually ALL of the violent protesters and troublemakers are paid protesters.

So I guess the real question is why is someone (George Soros) paying these folks to riot???

link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

I'm not sure I can get on board with that statement. The country was divided almost exactly in half being approximately 60 million votes on both sides. If she were unelectable, she wouldn't even have come close.

She was a bad choice/unelectable cause she LOST to Trump.

Melodrama.

She got the popular vote. She came as close as you can get, without the Electoral majority.

Not exactly what I'd refer to as un-electable.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Any other canidate would have crushed him.

The DNC threw it by forceing clinton through.
edit on 11-11-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Sure.

The people are just doing as Trump commanded in 2012 when he thought that Romney had won the popular vote.

He called for a "revolution", that the people should "march on Washington", that the electoral college is a "sham and travesty" and that we should "fight like hell".

In 2012 Trump called for a revolution saying "The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy".
edit on 11-11-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Looks like you bought the smokescreen hook, line, & sinker.

Trump also awakened the best in humanity: People are tired of the corruption in the government & the media.

And if Trump had left out all the divisive rhetoric, they would have still voted for him but with a lot more enthusiasm.

Trump was a plant and he helped set up the undoing of the Electoral College system. Hillary will win with faithless electors. And you will go on believing that Democrats are enlightened and tolerant and that Republicans are racists and misogynists.

Pat yourself on the back.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

This has been brewing before Trump came along - the anger has been there since the inside job of 911 and the invasion of the Middle East, or don't you count the millions killed and displaced from the Middle East?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
The people are just doing as Trump commanded in 2012 when he thought that Romney had won the popular vote.

He called for a "revolution", that the people should "march on Washington", that the electoral college is a "sham and travesty" and that we should "fight like hell".

In 2012 Trump called for a revolution saying "The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy".

More proof that Trump helped set up the undoing of the EC system.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

What do these protesting hope to accomplish? Do they want to overturn the entire US political system

I heard this at least 10 times yesterday. Most people are just as confused as we are. The one thing I noticed is that it was making people angry. Most mentioned past elections, were the outcome was not what they wished for, so they can't wrap their heads around what the the protestors hope to accomplish. They understand their frustration and anger, they just don't understand what they hope to accomplish. It looks like they want a do over.

I also heard it discussed, that maybe if these people consider themselves, Hispanic, Latin, Syrian, etc., then maybe their problems start with the fact that they don't see themselves as Americans, and maybe they aren't voting for what is best for America, but what is best for them.

We as Americans are the ones that are dividing ourselves. As long as we continued to place ourselves under different umbrellas, instead of building one solid roof, someone is always going to be left out in the rain.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The rules have been in place since this country was formed. To alter this would mean areas like California and New York could control everything. The system we have attempts to make it so that all states get a decent sayso and just the highly populated ones can't control everything. Now they are talking about California leaving, good, we can boycot their products if they do and when a major disaster occurs, they will be on their own and save the rest of us some money. It seems that California was almost bankrupt about ten years ago or less because they allowed some people to get way too much from their state government. They wasted lots of money.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join