It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Can someone tell me what is the point of protesting the US election?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
As the title says Can someone tell me what is the point of protesting the US election?

I mean Trump WON.

The election is over.

What do these protesting hope to accomplish?

Do they want to overturn the entire US political system and install a Clinton monarchy?

Why are they not protesting against the DNC?

The fault of the democrats loss was 100% and solely down to the democrats themselves for pushing through a unelectable Clinton! Everyone that voted Clinton in the primary....Trump is on YOU.

Plus it is the same as with Brexit.

Progressives refused to listen to views or problems outside there SJW movements .
They alienated huge swaths of people.
They closed down any debate and compromise with cries of bigots, racist or uneducated to anyone that dared challenge them.
They forced through change to fast and to quickly.

This mess is on you.
Because you refused to listen, to debate, to compromise you now have risked losing everything you have gained, even the good things.

Congratulations
You have screwed everything up.
edit on 11-11-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It makes people feel better to burn stuff down, beat up white people and throw molotovs at police.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Well they should burn the buildings and beat up the progresive leaders that landed them in this mess.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The reason for the protests are not really that hard to discern.

DOWN WITH DEMOCRACY !!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
no I can not answer your question, I have priorities, such as a job and bills to pay, a life to live, see we folks like that keep moving forward and accept lose, I never wanted Obama but I didn't make an a** of myself in '08 or '12.

to many dumb sh**s have grown up now, they didn't receive their participation trophies, I guess a "I voted" sticker doesn't count?

p.s. is it 5 yet?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Could be one huge mind control experiment where unseen entities feed off the anger orchestrated by the globalists.

If true, then it will not be long before Marshal Law takes to the streets of America. JADE Helm is obviously ready for the grand scenario.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The point of most protest is to try and enact some sorta change... With this situation their is nothing that can or will be changed, so these protests are pointless. These folks need to put their big boy and big girl panties on a move forward.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think it is an emotional catharsis for them to protest. After all, their media told them Hillary would certainly win because she was the perfect candidate for president and that Trump, the evil racist woman-hating republican would certainly lose.
Imagine the utter shock for these people when their candidate lost. They are now blowing off some steam; although I do think it is sad that this generation has been raised to not accept defeat graciously.

Sal

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Maybe the first thing they can do is get a job.

Most normal people with jobs dont have time to waste protesting useless crap.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Well they should burn the buildings and beat up the progresive leaders that landed them in this mess.

What is easy ?

A non-protected building / unarmed Trump voter

A progressive globalist politician with fully armed body-guards

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
there's no other purpose than to usher chaos. when the left lose elections in my country they tend to do the same, so they can be deterred by the cops (and cry wolf) after destroying public spaces, usually.

edit on 11-11-2016 by LockedUp2Morrow because: typo

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Because Trump and his supporters are all about hate and stuff. What better way to show your displeasure with hate than to burn down your own town and beat the hell out of people?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Imagine that you are on the left as an MSM zombie and believe what the TV tells you. So, you would then believe that "a homophobic racist pro-capitalist(true) is now in charge of your country". Imagine you then decide to speak out against racism and homophobia. So you end up with a march of people who are LGBT, race-triggered liberals, and communists who want to yell out their frustrations on the street.

To make sure they were properly triggered, the MSM was sure to tell them up to the very last day that Trump was going to lose. It seems like ten times more people have shown up to the Trump protests than ever showed up to a Hillary rally. So, these people were not really that big fans of Clinton but rather opponents of Trump.

They are willing to let a few "minor crimes" and "a few white lies here and there" slide if that means not having Trump.
edit on 11-11-2016 by fractal5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
They're probabaly protesting because soros paid them too...and they all seem young and brain washed into thinking they're entitled to protest to get their way .....that if they protest and get violent they will scare America into giving them what they want . Most of them only know Obama as their president for almost half of their life , so,they haven't lived through a lot of political elections with Republicans vs Democrats. This was the nastiest election I've ever seen ..and painted each party as the lowest of low ....I doubt these young rioters have learned political rhetoric and to read past the political bull.

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
As the title says Can someone tell me what is the point of protesting the US election?

I mean Trump WON.

The election is over.

What do these protesting hope to accomplish?

Do they want to overturn the entire US political system and install a Clinton monarchy?

Probably a little bit of all of that. I wish I could figure out what the hope is when all is said and done. I'm equally as confused.

The fault of the democrats loss was 100% and solely down to the democrats themselves for pushing through a unelectable Clinton! Everyone that voted Clinton in the primary....Trump is on YOU.

I'm not sure I can get on board with that statement. The country was divided almost exactly in half being approximately 60 million votes on both sides. If she were unelectable, she wouldn't even have come close.

Congratulations
You have screwed everything up.

things get screwed up when complicit and willfully ignorant people rule the day. I mean, you see it in EVERY facet of day to day, people more interested in why Brad is divorcing Angelina or why Kardashian has just let her ass loose again instead of focusing on real-world issues. Then, when all the things they have willfully ignored for so long, just to update their facebook status comes back and bites em in the butt, they start crying foul play....too late then.

link   

"Protests only work if human rights have been violated. Protesting for not getting your way is just whining."

So no, nobody can give you an explanation as to what the point of the protests are. Not a logical, reality-based one anyway.

I can explain the recent pole-shift, though: you and I agreed on something and time stopped, polarity shifted, and the fabric of the universe was torn just a tiny bit.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Seriously! Must be nice to be able to protest all day, destroy a city all night and not have to go to work in the morning.

I literally saw 9yr olds at the Portland riots last night.. Wtf protest parents! A riot is no place for a kid.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
With thanks to Wikipedia, this explains it:

Generation Snowflake

Generation Snowflake, or Snowflake Generation, is a term that refers to young people, typically university or college students, who seek to avoid emotionally charged topics or dissenting ideas and opinions. This may involve support of safe spaces and trigger warnings in the university setting.[1][2][3][4] It has also been used by The Daily Telegraph and GQ writers to refer to Millennials.

Generation Snowflake members "are genuinely distressed by ideas that run contrary to their worldview"; they are more likely than previous generations of students to report that they have mental health problems.[4] A UK Higher Education Policy Institute survey of university students in 2016 "found that 76% would ban speakers who had views that offended them, while half (48%) wanted universities to be declared safe spaces where debate can only take place within strict rules."[3] This is coupled with a strong sense of entitlement.[2][4]

Fox argues that Generation Snowflake was created by over-protecting people when they were children.[4] In the UK, Tom Bennett was recruited by the government to address behaviour in schools.[8] He commented that Generation Snowflake children at school can be over-protected from reality, leading to problems when they progress to university and are confronted with real-world truths.[8] They can react with intolerance towards people and things that they believe may offend someone.[8]

The negative connotations of the term Generation Snowflake have been criticised for having been applied too widely: Bennett also commented that "It's true that our children have never had it so good, and some have never known anything but a status quo of swimming in surplus. It's true that, for some of these children, losing fast wi-fi is a crisis and being offended on the internet is a disaster. [...] But then I remember the other ones, and I reckon they all balance each other out."[9]

Generation Snowflake characteristics have been discussed in relation to the skills required by entrepreneurs.[10]

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Maybe the first thing they can do is get a job. Most normal people with jobs dont have time to waste protesting useless crap.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
Because Trump and his supporters are all about hate and stuff. What better way to show your displeasure with hate than to burn down your own town and beat the hell out of people?

LOL I said almost exactly verbatim to my brother last night. Hysterical.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join