It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Prophet's Poem... the beginnings.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This is my first attempt in writing poems and whatnot. I've taken a special interest in writing my own short poems (I'm not sure what kind they are...) about times where I've made mistakes in my life, specifically when I've had chances to get someone to love, but I either was oblivious to it, or kept drawing it out, until I lost my chance.

The reason I'm not sure if this is a actual poem... these are like brainstorms of my feelings... just dumping them onto paper in a poetry SOUNDING fashion (thats what my friends told me).

Here's the first one I've written... it's entitled "Will I see you again?"

I was scared, and I lost you.
You left without a word.
I sit. I think. I remember
of the way we used to be.

I think... Will I see you again?

I am in need of you.
You made me feel loved.
I am here.
Looking. Waiting.
Hoping. Praying.

That maybe, just maybe... our paths will cross again someday.

-------------------------------

If anyone has any suggestions or comments (negative OR positive) feel free to say so. I'm open to anything. I'm new at this type of writing, and I'd like to know how I can improve.

Thanks.

-prophetmike

[edit on 1/25/05 by prophetmike]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Prophetmike thanks for having the courage to post some of your poetry. I know it’s not an easy thing to do. I enjoyed reading the first of what I hope to be many poems you post. It’s funny how putting pen to paper in this way has the ability to heal old wounds a little. At least this is what I have experienced. Again well done and please post more.

new topics

join