It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alt-Right at odds with a nation of diversity and equality?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You can't deny the alt-right. Just like you can't deny the alt-left.

The problem is when you apply the same criteria for finding the alt-right to the left .. you get a very large number of people in the alt-left. So they have to deny the alt-left because to do otherwise would mean they are at odds with a HUGE portion of their base.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: alphabetaone

Start your own thread if you don't like this one. Is the alt-right a friend to a nation that celebrates diversity and equality?

Well since I voted for Trump, you would doubtless put me in the alt-right category by default. So I will explain this carefully to you using pictures:

All these people, so long as they followed all the laws about immigrating here or were born here to parents who followed those laws or grandparents, etc., are my fellow Americans. They're are the ones American is being made great again (we hope), just as much as people like me.

The only people who don't belong are the ones who did not follow the laws to come here and are not Americans or who would come here taking advantage of our generosity and caring spirit as cover to harm us (terrorists).

You seem to think that all we care about are people who look like this:

And that they are the only ones whom we consider "Americans." You believe a lie. Considering my own husband could somewhere be a distant cousin of the last woman pictures making my own son a child of mixed race, and I still want America to be great again for my child's sake, I don't think you know nearly as much as you think you do.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Immigration is fine and dandy for those who want to be a part of America and take part is molding a muttled culture. What I see more and more these days...and forgive my political incorrectness...usually I see this in the Hispanic cultures rather than any other...is that they want their culture to be the predominant culture. They come in and want it to suit them rather than joining us it seems more of a push for us to join them. I also hear and read of many instances of this from Muslim immigrants, however more so in Europe but I'm sure Google would find me instances of this in the US should I choose to look for it.

No I'm not ok with a people's coming to this country to try and change it into their failed ass countries, which is why they come here in the first place, and then punish me when I'm not sensitive to it. By all means please come join in the great melting pot and bring your flavor of spice but don't expect to turn the whole lot to your soup... that's not what made us great!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Immigration is people from one country and moving to another country and being a part of their culture.

Invasion is people from one country moving to another country and supplanting the existing culture.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My wife is a legal immigrant. Want to know what REALLY pisses her off? Illegal immigrants. She wants them all deported. She is an Asian immigrant who was 100% for Trump.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Being a Trump supporter doesn't automatically place you under alt-right.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I have two uncles who served in the military. One came back with a Filipino bride and the other came back with a Japanese one. They are legal in every way. I also have a cousin who married a legal Latino.

My family is varied in cultural makeup and I am perfectly fine with it, so it really kills me to be called a racist just on the basis of how I vote.

Thing is that all of us vote for the rule of law.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

According to these rioters it does. I even have a post where the guy on CNN said everyone who voted Trump is a racist as there is no other explanation for him to get a vote.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I have two uncles who served in the military. One came back with a Filipino bride and the other came back with a Japanese one. They are legal in every way. I also have a cousin who married a legal Latino.

My family is varied in cultural makeup and I am perfectly fine with it, so it really kills me to be called a racist just on the basis of how I vote.

Thing is that all of us vote for the rule of law.

My wife is Filipino. Awesome country.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

You just have to be anti-leftist authoritarian to be considered alt-right.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

legal Latino

Fox's latest hit show
a sassy Latino lawyer
who bends the rules
for justice

Wednesday's at 9pm
edit on 11-11-2016 by kibric because: boo

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

According to these rioters it does. I even have a post where the guy on CNN said everyone who voted Trump is a racist as there is no other explanation for him to get a vote.

Well that's not what I'm saying and it's the topic of this thread.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Well that's not what I'm saying and it's the topic of this thread.

I was on topic. Alt right AND alt left are both at odds. Alt right is a small fringe .. alt left is a large segment. BOTH need to go.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

No, it certainly does not.

It does show that you are OK with, or willing to turn a blind eye to the alt-right.

To many, being a Trump supporter implies consent and acceptance.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

No, it certainly does not.

It does show that you are OK with, or willing to turn a blind eye to the alt-right.

To many, being a Trump supporter implies consent and acceptance.

Actually it doesn't, at all. Choosing to support the opponent of a traitor like Hillary has nothing to do with the alt-right. Wanting to end the PC culture is not. Wanting immigrants to be legal, like my wife, is not. Not coming down hard on these rioters does show liberals turning a blind eye to the alt left.
edit on 11-11-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I take it they didn't appreciate my satire thread on the "Alt-Left".

Even though there is clearly more violence from the left right now, we have to focus on the "Alt-Right" while Hillary's campaign was just as hate filled as any other.

It provoked violence with Russia and painted a picture of rampant racism and sexist among other things for the Trump supporters with little evidence of it.

I won't deny you can find ignorance in any group of people or ideology, cut the scale that is implies in the "Alt-Right" threads is fear mongering and nothing more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join