It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I didn't vote for President-Elect Donald Trump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

And what if Trump doesn't deliver his promises? Think about that.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

And what if Trump doesn't deliver his promises? Think about that.

That is always possible, but as he does not hail from a political background and both houses are Republican majority he has a better chance of delivering than many others have ever had.
edit on 11-11-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

He'll be a one-term president?

I don't believe that any one person has the power to destroy our country. Either he will come through for the working people of America -- those of us who really do make it "great," -- or he will go into the dustbin as a failed one-term leader.

Frankly -- I don't believe his ego will let him do anything but try to be the best.

I didn't agree with every President Obama said or did. Far from it. But he is going down in history as the first POC President and a two-termer. PE Trump will put up, or he will be voted out.

That's the miracle of our system.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I do wonder what will happen when Trump disappoint his followers? I gotta admit I have feeling if Trump didn't deliver his promises the American people will no longer have faith with the system.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I do wonder what will happen when Trump disappoint his followers? I gotta admit I have feeling if Trump didn't deliver his promises the American people will no longer have faith with the system.

I'm uncertain where people have (recently) gotten the idea there is a magic wand hidden in the Oval Office that allows the POTUS to have SO much power that they alone can affect change.

Of course, those of us who reason things out like adults have to concede that not all of our expectations are going to be met and feel a level of disappointment about it. But as adults we learn that life isn't always fair and that somethings we have to learn to lose.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

And the DNC may have won

They did win. They beat Bernie, by cheating.
They assisted Hillary in railroading herself into the nomination, by cheating Bernie out of the nomination.
They got what they wanted, a Hillary nomination. It was their undoing in the general election.

Note that after the DNC ousted Debbie Wasserman Shultz (due to Wikileaks), they replaced her with..... Donna Brazile. Donna Brazile was the lady that provided Hillary with the debate questions to help her beat Bernie. They replaced a cheater with a cheater. They have some superb ethics there.

Trump did not win with solely Republican votes, just as Obama didn't win with only Democratic votes.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Spot On, OP.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Are you one of those who always sees the glass half empty?

If h does even 2% of what he promises this country will be better of for it. His 2 will out do all of Obama's supposed benefits and Hillary's too.

edit on 11-11-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Yes dude. Besides I don't trust Trump one bit. He's looks more like a dishonest businessman to me anyways that doesn't know how foreign policy works.

Look I know the system is broken but the problem is Trump is not the solution. But okay I'll give him one chance. If he screws it up it's over.

a reply to: alphabetaone

sadly there are those who hear what they wanna believe.
edit on 11/11/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Well said.

Well said, indeed. I couldn't agree with more if I wanted to.

He's earned the chance to do the job, we need to give him that chance. In two years come the mid-terms, he screws it up between now and then, we take his congress away from him, and he's effectively done.

Quick question for you, though...

What the heck is Convergent Media? I've never heard the phrase before.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Then he'll be out in 2020.

Don't forget, midterms are in two years. If we don't like the direction things are going? We remove his congressional mandate and cut the purse strings, it really is that simple.

There will be many millions watching him most carefully. I'll be among those millions. I've no love for the man. But he gets his chance, just like every president before him.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

And the DNC may have won

They assisted Hillary in railroading herself into the nomination, by cheating Bernie out of the nomination.

Don't try to defend Bernie to me running as a Democrat.

He's an Independent.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: butcherguy

And the DNC may have won

Don't try to defend Bernie to me running as a Democrat.

He's an Independent.

Ahh, he is an Independent.... so they didn't cheat him.
Okay, whatever it takes.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Then he should have bloody well run as one. He ran as a democrat. Therefore, he was one for the sake of this conversation, and yes, he most assuredly got cheated.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You aren't supposed to trust politicians of any sort, at any level.

Let me put it plainly: Don't bloody trust them! Trust is earned. You don't give away for free, what has to be earned.

But, you do have to give them an opportunity to earn it. That's where the mid-terms come into play. Two years is plenty of time to show, or be shown, what direction we're going to go. So give him those two years.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Convergent Media is similar to traditional journalism but the emphasis is on writing, shooting, editing and producing stories for multimedia. Think photojournalism or audio podcast ala "This American Life," or digital video. My focus is a little more towards the writing and production end, with an emphasis on ad-sales and PR. My dream job? Selling advertising to hungry democrats, across multiple platforms, on commission. I'm too old to chase politicians for $14 / hr and I'd like to drive a nice car before I die.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

continues war mongering overseas and an Elite group of privileged class running the show including the MSM.

When all US troops refuse to fight on foreign soil for their corporate masters then I will believe that the American people have woken up. Remember that 49% voted for Clinton and she wanted a nuclear war with Russia over Syria.

You all need to wake up and see what the effects of your policies are doing to the whole planet.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join