It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supermoon of 14 November is the closest Moon to Earth since 1948

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
More on how to check it out;

The moon turns precisely full on November 14, 2016 at 1352 UTC. This full moon instant will happen in the morning hours before sunrise November 14 in western North America and on many Pacific islands, east of the International Date Line. (See worldwide map below.)

Continuied at source

Thanks for the link add.

I'll be keeping an eye on this tonite

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst
found an interesting snippet, apparently a guy predicted the N.Z. Shake using the Super moon theory. Interesting follow on bit about the cause of the Earthquake lights as well. www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity
I refuse to click a Daily Mail link. 99% of the time, they post utter rubbish.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I turned on my back porch light and it didn't illuminate the yard one bit. That moon is blazing tonight in Chicago.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Thanks for the reply. I tend to stay away from the Daily Fail as well,

but there's always truth to everything. The moon certainly would

cause tides and earth shaking though.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Yep, and here's a more reputable source: www.washingtonpost.com...

According to a study published in Nature Geoscience this week, the same gravitational influence that the moon has on the oceans may also trigger earthquakes along Earth's most fragile faults. Researchers at the University of Tokyo calculated the levels of "tidal stress" before major earthquakes of the past few decades and found that high levels of stress were often followed by major earthquakes.

"This suggests that the probability of a tiny rock failure expanding to a gigantic rupture increases with increasing tidal stress levels," the scientists wrote. "We conclude that large earthquakes are more probable during periods of high tidal stress."

Predicting earthquakes, however, is still pretty much like predicting your future using astrology.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
Yep, and here's a more reputable source: www.washingtonpost.com...

According to a study published in Nature Geoscience this week, the same gravitational influence that the moon has on the oceans may also trigger earthquakes along Earth's most fragile faults. Researchers at the University of Tokyo calculated the levels of "tidal stress" before major earthquakes of the past few decades and found that high levels of stress were often followed by major earthquakes.

"This suggests that the probability of a tiny rock failure expanding to a gigantic rupture increases with increasing tidal stress levels," the scientists wrote. "We conclude that large earthquakes are more probable during periods of high tidal stress."

Predicting earthquakes, however, is still pretty much like predicting your future using astrology.

Thanks for that, but I don't think Reputable would be the word I'd use for

The Washington Post news site.Perhaps it's just harder to lie than other

MSN outlets. But again there is always some truth embedded

in these articles, they have to or no one would believe any of it.

edit on 23-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join