It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megyn Kelly Poisoned the morning of debate or stomach bug??? takes issue with 'NYT' book review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Ut oh, Megan maybe snoflak'in out. Her book (I haven't had the pleasure) seems to have some things implied. Like her being poisoned, or, umm, a stomach bug. Her thinking that the questions were leaked in the first pres debate... or not.....later on twitter..??

Read the story it is kinda strange, to me anyway.

The New York Times published a review of Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly's memoir, Settle for More, after obtaining an early copy of the book scheduled to be published on Nov. 15. Kelly disputes The Times' characterization of two sections of her book; one which implies she said someone leaked Trump her first question in the first primary debate; and another that implies she thought she may have been poisoned the morning of the same debate.

Kelly writes that Trump was livid the day before the first debate of the Republican primary campaign after he heard that Kelly's planned first question "was a very pointed question directed at him," The Times reports. "This disconcerted her, because it was true: It was about his history of using disparaging language about women," The Times wrote. While she doesn't delve into who might have leaked the question, the book gives the clear impression that former Fox New CEO Roger Ailes and others within the network "seemed to be nakedly colluding with the Republican presidential nominee," according to The Times.

Kelly went on Twitter late Thursday to shoot down the inference that the question was leaked.

Kelly also wrote that on the day of the debate, what The Times describes as an "overzealous, suspiciously enthusiastic driver" drove her to the event and insisted on making her coffee. She writes that she drank it and then was violently ill within 15 minutes, according to The Times. "Ms. Kelly never says outright that someone tried to poison her," The Times reported. (A stomach bug was going around, she notes.) But the episode spooked her enough that she shared it later with Roger Ailes and a lawyer friend of his. Foul play? Again: She reports. You decide."

Again, Kelly took to Twitter to clarify her position. "Also for the record, I believe the reason I got sick the day of the debate was I contracted a stomach virus, just as Rand Paul did," she wrote at midnight Thursday.

There is one passage of The Times report Kelly has not yet disputed. Before the debate, Kelly did a piece on her show The Kelly File about Trump that the businessman did not like. According to Kelly, Trump refused to make a scheduled appearance on her show unless she called him, The Times reports.

“I almost unleashed my beautiful Twitter account against you,” she says Trump told her, according to The Times, "and I still may."

USA TODAY

Report: Upcoming Megyn Kelly book details sexual harassment by Roger Ailes

Trump followed through with his threat after the debate, repeatedly insulting her with terms such as "bimbo" and "lightweight reporter." He also implied her question at the debate was somehow tied to menstruation. "You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her wherever," he said in a CNN interview with Don Lemon.

A report last week from Radar Online, which also says it obtained a copy of the book, detailed Kelly's allegations of sexual harassment against Ailes.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What was that first question again?

join