It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Obamas skip traditional first couples photo with the Trumps

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

How many people know or care about this American tradition ?
Bit of a mute statement I think.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

How many people know or care about this American tradition ?
Bit of a mute statement I think.

Under normal circumstances I would agree but with the Dems rioting and looting in the streets it would have gone a long way toward helping matters. The whole point behind the post is that something so simple could have done a lot of good so why not do it.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I think it's wonderful that Obama was gracious enough to spend way more time with Trump then was allotted. I think Trump appreciated it too, since he specifically mentioned it. It shows that Obama is willing to let what Trump did and said about him in the past stay in the past. It went a long way to healing the division in this country.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You really think a photo would have done anything? Both Hillary and Obama have called for unification. If anything that just spurred on the anger. Now these people feel betrayed by the people they thought would back them.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yes. Obama understands how important to the country that this passing of power remain peaceful after the "bloodless revolution" (which is what voting is in America) that occurs every four years.

On a personal level, I certainly can understand why a photo with both couples is declined. It certainly is not part of this peaceful transference of power, unless I am wrong and there is a photo of the Washingtons and Adamses together.... :-)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

You really think a photo would have done anything? Both Hillary and Obama have called for unification. If anything that just spurred on the anger. Now these people feel betrayed by the people they thought would back them.
it everywhere).

Well they say a picture is worth a thousand words so yes I do think it would have helped(providing MSM posted it).

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
A picture is worth a thousand words:

Words are also very important:

"We talked about foreign policy, we talked about domestic policy, and as I said last night, my number one priority in the coming two months is trying to facilitate a transition that ensures our president-elect is successful," Obama said after the meeting. "And I've been very encouraged in the interest in President-elect Trump's wanting to work with my team on many of the issues our great country faces."

He continued:"It is important for all of us, regardless of party ... to now come together, work together, and deal with the many challenges that we face."

Trump said he and Obama "discussed a lot of situations, some wonderful, some difficult." At the end of the meeting, he called Obama a "very good man."

www.businessinsider.com...

If that picture and those words don't help, than nothing will.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join