It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

News Obamas skip traditional first couples photo with the Trumps

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
They didnt take the photos, because the memory card was full, jeebus!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Nixon was under an audit and released his.

well that's not true. besides that nixon was a fool

when i read what you wrote i just had to post these two things.

“There is no standard,” said Joseph J. Thorndike, director of the Tax History Project at Tax Analysts, a nonprofit, nonpartisan publisher of tax information. “Some candidates have released a lot more returns and others about the same number. It depends on the particular politics at the time and if they are trying to pressure the people they are running against to release more of their returns. Someone will release a lot of returns when they think they have an advantage over their opponent.”

In 2008, for example, he said, Barack Obama released seven years of tax returns to pressure then-Democratic primary opponent Hillary Clinton to follow suit.

But while a search for a standard is hopeless, and Romney is not out-of-bounds compared with what others have released, Thorndike said, “He is a little out of step with the modern trend. In recent years, we’ve seen a lot of returns.”

The clamor is always louder for wealthy candidates, Thorndike said. And Romney, he said, “is one of the richest candidates we have had in a long time.” The Romney campaign puts Romney’s worth somewhere between $190 million and $250 million (financial disclosure forms put it in the broad range between $85 million and $264 million).
Romney and the Tax Return Precedent

In a press conference on Nov. 17, 1973, Nixon faced questions about the leak and his tax returns. He defended the donation of his papers, and belatedly welcomed a thorough investigation of the issue, adding: “People have got to know whether or not their president is a crook. Well, I am not a crook.”

Facing overwhelming pressure, Nixon agreed to turn over his tax returns to the Joint Committee on Internal Revenue Taxation. As the panel's members interviewed Nixon’s aides, suspicion of the president grew.
Nixon's Failed Effort to Withhold His Tax Returns

he did not release his returns until after being in office and then only under pressure after a deposition in the early days of the watergate deal forced it. and tax experts started wanting a audit. but the irs said no.but later a IRS employee leaked info in 1973 which forced his hand.

in the second link look for the this sentence, about a third of the way down. warning it's a link to a pdf,but had a lot of good info.

But then things unraveled. The best account of Nixon’s tax travails comes from the historian Joseph Thorndike.

edit on 11-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Please give it a rest. There were photos-- the Pool photographers were invited into the Oval for snaps. The situation is bad enough without bogus posts.

Suggest the mods delete this thread as a hoax. It perpetuates crap.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

But I get it - you hate Obama and nothing he does or doesn't do will ever placate you. Keep up the hate if it makes you feel good. It doesn't make me feel good, so I'm trying to be fair to Trump.

Stop Shaming Trump Supporters

Or anyone.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BeBoo

I agree. I have not been able to find any pictures of the two couples standing on the steps as a standard photo. The Bushes and Obamas are the only ones I have seen for this particular pose. But, I may have missed finding them.

Obama seemed gracious enough and Donald as well.

Let's just get through the next two months. Most Americans can't wait for the Obamas to be gone! They said it loudly and clearly. We are ready to welcome the Trumps and that is all that matters.

ETA: BTW, Barron will be the first male child in the White House since John-John Kennedy. He is so adorable. He is 10 yrs. old now and if we get eight years, he will grow up before our eyes.

edit on 11-11-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Lol. Maybe maybe not, I don't see it happening after this but who knows. I don't think it was a coincidence that it didn't happen. Btw what photo op could've been more important while cities are under siege from protesters the dnc gave birth to? Looks like another Obama fail, what else is new?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Picklesneeze
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Trump supporters aren't out rioting and attacking innocent citizens-(as we speak)-it's hilary and bernie supporters.

Or are you going to show your complete lack of integrity (as usual) and continue to pretend otherwise?

How many times does one have to repeat that i am not a liberal, but keep up the good work.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I agree. Stop shaming Obama for not taking a damn photo.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

But I get it - you hate Obama and nothing he does or doesn't do will ever placate you. Keep up the hate if it makes you feel good. It doesn't make me feel good, so I'm trying to be fair to Trump.

Stop Shaming Trump Supporters

Or anyone.

Someone needs a safe place.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Okay. If that's who you want to be, okay. And if that's who Obama wants to be, okay. I don't have any more time or inclination to waste on our lame duck prez and his pettiness... much less this pettiness.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Stop crying for once in your life. No one except people intentionally trying to divide us would ever care about this.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I for one am glad that Obama wasn't petty during this meeting.

I'm proud of him for welcoming the Trumps into the White House.

I'm proud of him for shaking Trump's hand.

I'm proud of him for sitting down with Trump for much longer than was scheduled. He didn't have to do that.

I'm proud of him for publicly wishing Trump success as the next president.

I'm also glad that Trump was just as gracious for the meeting.

All positive. All good. No hate. No shame.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Besides-if Mr. Trump wanted to have his picture taken with "michelle",all he would have to do is go to a Star Wars convention,stand next to a wookie,and pay someone $5 to take the pic for him.

Lol dont quit your day job.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Besides-if Mr. Trump wanted to have his picture taken with "michelle",all he would have to do is go to a Star Wars convention,stand next to a wookie,and pay someone $5 to take the pic for him.

Obvious racist comment is obvious.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

that's what I'm saying. It was a deliberate purposeful act.
edit on 11/11/2016 by brutus61 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/11/2016 by brutus61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I think that prayer is shared by many.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: brutus61

What kind of statement does it make to the American public

It shows he's not a hypocrite , like any sensible person he doesn't like Trump so he's doing what he has to do and no more.
It's a sign to Trump that his past actions and statements will come back to haunt him.

That is laughable. Not letting the meeting last more than 15 min would be not doing more than he has to. Not participating in an American tradition is a statement.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
He didn't opt out because he wanted, but because it was a function after the meeting at the white house with Trump and the meeting took 1 hour too long.

It was in the news you people he meet with the Cavaliers right after the meeting in At the White house, the Cavaliers were there already too.

The basketball team? Please don't tell me they are somehow more important.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlbanArthur

originally posted by: brutus61
We could ignore all of our problems but it has never made any of mine go away. If it is such a non issue then why not take the TRADITIONAL photo?

If it is such a non issue then why not submit the TRADITIONAL tax returns?

He hasn't taken office yet so lets see what he does.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

api.talkingpointsmemo.com...

But no, ya'll keep on with the "Obama is an asshole because he told reporters no way was he gettin' his picture taken with the oompa loompa pres-elect - Wall Street Journal seyz so".

Ok so instead of being a man and just outright saying no way will we do this he said we have more important business. That's what I got out of it. I must be a conspiracy theorist.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join