It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

News Obamas skip traditional first couples photo with the Trumps

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Oh yeah, that's gotta be the reason photos weren't taken - so we can have martial law.

It couldn't possibly be because the meeting ran much longer than anticipated because Obama and Trump were actually getting along, so there wasn't time for photos. Naah, that couldn't be it. Martial law - yep, that's what it was all about.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Classless....

I guess Michael ... uhh, I mean ... well you know, doesn't have any reason to be proud of the United States of America anymore.

The 0bamas were always for division. They can't stand this.

Ahhhhhahahahahahaha!!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Boadicea

Rudeness??

Yes, rudeness. Or perhaps you would prefer disrespect? Disrespect for the time-honored peaceful transition of power and historical tradition of documenting that honor, disrespect for the president elect, and disrespect for every person who voted for the president elect. Or how about narcissism? That was all about Obama and his ego. Call it what you will, but it is what it is.

The meeting was only scheduled to last 10 or 15 minutes - instead they talked for an hour and a half. I don't think that indicates rudeness at all.

The length of the meeting is not the topic of the OP. Nor do we know what was actually said within that meeting (or unsaid), so it is impossible to characterize their meeting in any way.

You guys are following the media's lead to try and start some sh*t over this.

Oh please.

I would have thought you would have learned by now what the media does to manipulate us.

I have... and look! I'm not out rioting in the streets breaking windows with baseball bats or ganging up on and beating the crap out of those who voted for different candidate or calling for deaths and assassinations on social media. I'm simply calling out the bad behavior of our very-soon-to-be EX-president.

I have also learned how Obama will childishly and selfishly snub the people and the process when he doesn't get his way and in his own arrogance and narcissism contributed in a major way to the divide and anger among our people. He could have been a hero but instead he CHOSE to be a zero. This is just one more example, and a piss poor one at that.

But he's about to be gone, and I'm ready to move past all that and help build a better nation for everyone.... using his bad example as who and what we DON'T want to be.

If Trump wasn't upset about it (and he gets upset over the tiniest thing and is VERY vocal when he's upset), then I think this is a non-issue.

Just like the media doesn't give me my marching orders, nor Obama, neither does Trump. I can and do have my own values and opinions.
edit on 11-11-2016 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

This feels weird to type, but Trump is a better person than all of you who are acting all outraged and butthurt over a story that has been manufactured by the media to increase hits.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: FredWreck

"Maybe he was scared he'd grab Michelle by the Pen**"

There-fixed it for ya

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

This feels weird to type, but Trump is a better person than all of you who are acting all outraged and butthurt over a story that has been manufactured by the media to increase hits.

Well it doesn't feel at all weird to type that it's pretty darn sad that you're so quick to make such presumptuous comments about "all of" us... and why? Because we dared criticize Obama. How about just a little intellectual honesty and respect for different opinions without blowing an ant hill into a manufactured mountain. Did Obama do it or not? Why yes, yes he did. You can blow it off all you want. You can make any excuses you want. You can think whatever you want. You can call us whatever you want. But you know perfectly well why this is offensive to many Americans who value and cherish our long-standing history of a peaceful transition of power, and you know it was a conscious and willful decision on Obama's part to also blow us all off. Am I crying in my cups? Nope.

Somehow, with all the things going on today, Obama's petulance isn't my biggest concern, and I sure don't think my words about Obama are the worst thing happening...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61
We could ignore all of our problems but it has never made any of mine go away. If it is such a non issue then why not take the TRADITIONAL photo?

If it is such a non issue then why not submit the TRADITIONAL tax returns?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

api.talkingpointsmemo.com...

But no, ya'll keep on with the "Obama is an asshole because he told reporters no way was he gettin' his picture taken with the oompa loompa pres-elect - Wall Street Journal seyz so".

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Good on the obamas, and grow up trump fans, your sounding exactly like what you guys claim to hate, sjws. Trump won, but it wont change the fact that hes an idiot.

Bunch of snowflakes.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Are these posed pictures of the incoming and outgoing presidents and first ladies a tradition?

I haven't been able to find any such standard photos online.

George and Laura Bush were exceptionally gracious people to the Obamas. Perhaps they arranged that type of photo op because the Bushes are more tradition-minded and wished to document the occasion in a professional photo. But, I don't know that that is sop.

If it is, I would like some links to such pictures.

This may be a case of the media making a mountain out of a molehill.
edit on 11-11-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Trump supporters aren't out rioting and attacking innocent citizens-(as we speak)-it's hilary and bernie supporters.

Or are you going to show your complete lack of integrity (as usual) and continue to pretend otherwise?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Really? So now you throw a weasel-word article out that also makes excuses as if that changes anything? Much less everything? It confirmed the facts, which I and others take exception to. Simple as that. Were the photos taken or not? No. Whose decision was that? Obama's. As your article said, it was all about his priorities and this wasn't one. It is what it is.

How about just accepting -- and respecting -- that it was a snub by our president to a whole lot of people and people will be offended?

You've made a far bigger brouhaha out of this than I ever did or wanted or intended. If this is the best you've got, okay... but I think you can do better. We have much bigger problems than this.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Besides-if Mr. Trump wanted to have his picture taken with "michelle",all he would have to do is go to a Star Wars convention,stand next to a wookie,and pay someone $5 to take the pic for him.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

My last word on this is that Obama and his wife acted with class and grace that day. He could have refused to shake Trump's hand - he didn't. He could have said something snarky about Trump calling him the "worst president the U.S. has ever had" - he didn't. He could have said something snarky about Trump's efforts to spread the false narrative about his birth certificate - he didn't. He could have kept the meeting super short to avoid spending much time with Trump (I know that is probably what I would have done) - he didn't. Everything I saw showed him and Michelle being polite and welcoming to the Trumps.

I also have to give Trump credit for being polite and cordial during the meeting, and with his tweets about it after the meeting.

But I get it - you hate Obama and nothing he does or doesn't do will ever placate you. Keep up the hate if it makes you feel good. It doesn't make me feel good, so I'm trying to be fair to Trump.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Picklesneeze

Wait..you mean from Michelle? Rofl

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I don't know how big an issue or non issue this may be. I'm excited for the future so the sooner we can get past all this division of people , the better. I think Trump has actually been better as of late. He made a good acceptance speech, hasn't gloated and hopefully can maintain composure to what is sure to be a very important first year. I think we will see a different Trump. hopefully we see a different country too once he is officially in the whitehouse. Will we remain divided, bickering and fighting the results of the election or will we come together as a nation and make the best of it moving forward. I know this is a shock for most people, myself included as I wanted trump to win but certainly didn't expect it. every move made is under a microscope. Maybe this was an out right snub by the obamas, maybe not, but we certainly don't need to focus on it or add another mark on the chalkboard that further divides us. I've been guilty of trading insults this election, making snide remarks etc etc but I think it's time to move forward and i hope at some point the country as a whole will agree. It's time.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
a reply to: kibric

You mean Micheal.....erm Michelle?

The only first lady that we've ever had that was built like a linebacker?

Every time I see a picture of her, I can't help but look for the adams apple.

There are a few pictures out there where Michele is looking up. It's really obvious then.

ETA: I honestly think this photo controversy is a non-issue. They had the meeting, and it seems to have proceeded civilly. That's what is really important. Not another dumb photo-op.
edit on 11-11-2016 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

To be fair if I was Obama I would despise trump, the same as he should Clinton. But as president, if you can't be a man and take the picture, you go out a chump. Its not about him but the country and "peaceful transition of power" the likes of which they tried to tar Trump with. What irony, the man who questioned Obama's legitimacy as president, replaced him!! What a year for the recordbooks

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: VinylTyrant

But we do not know exactly why there wasn't a photo op on the front steps. The White House says it wasn't a high priority compared to the other photo ops. The White House did NOT say it was Obama's call. We do know that neither Obama or Michelle said anything negative about the meeting to the press. We do know that Obama shook hands with Trump during the meeting. We do know that they spent much longer talking than was scheduled. We do know that both Obama and Trump said positive things about the meeting and about each other. We know all those things, but you want to focus on a stupid photo op.

Tell you what. I'll bet the Trumps come back to the White House before Obama's term is over. I'll bet there will be more photo ops. I'll even bet there will be one on the front steps. Then we can be relieved that martial law has been averted for another day.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
No. This again is an excuse for things that should happen. Like attending state funerals. I read someone in this thread say something about time and the Cavs being there. Really?

If Bush would have done this he would be a racist piece of garbage. The sitting POTUS allowed no pics except their brief sitting in close corners picture where he told the press no questions.

Childish. But, what would one expect.

And as far as tax returns, not even the same ballpark. That is just petty....but again, he NEVER released him...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join