It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huffington Post: The Electoral College Was Designed to Prevent Trump...Make This Happen.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I hope I am also.

Historically this is nothing new and the country went through times very much like this in the 1960's and yet we moved forward. I remember watching the riots on the evening news and the adults talking about it in the same way people are talking now.

I'm a bit saddened to see people destroying the flag on Veterans Day, knowing how many bled and died so they can protest without being mowed down by government troops as they would be in many other parts of the world. Spoiled brats in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Nah, they are exercising the rights that our soldier die defending. I know it hurts some folks to see it....but consider that they have that ability. Burning the flag, while its not something people like seeing, is an exercising of your right to free speech. Nothing can be more American.

Its like the whole "taking a knee thing" in the NFL....i see those forms of protest as the highest honor we can pay our veterans. They have fought for us to be able to do that, even when its misguided.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I can't defend childish displays like that and I'm sure no veteran who ever gave their life, thought they were giving their life to defend the right to riot, loot and engage in the violent garbage we are seeing now. Or, the right to try and negate an elections results.

I of course see what you are saying and I'd never suggest stopping that from happening, but as far as the decidedly illegal, violent, phony protests going on........

I can only speak to how I see it.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I can't defend childish displays like that and I'm sure no veteran who ever gave their life, thought they were giving their life to defend the right to riot, loot and engage in the violent garbage we are seeing now. Or, the right to try and negate an elections results.

I of course see what you are saying and I'd never suggest stopping that from happening, but as far as the decidedly illegal, violent, phony protests going on........

I can only speak to how I see it.

well...a phony protest ain't much of a protest. LOL

And criminal is still criminal.
I am thinking more along the lines of actual protest.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: marg6043
Again let me burst the bubble, in our history the electoral votes always had gone to presidential elect.

Plain and simple, Trump will be the president, for the next 4 years.

for those that wish for a start or let say a somebody that the people could not even elect like Hilary, is not going to happen.

It would be unthinkable for it to happen.

But, think about it, the Electoral College vote has never superseded a half a million popular vote win either.

I think we are in for some serious trouble.

if th e Electors want to continue to live and not be lynched and or hung they will swing with the majority of non city voters and accept HIllarys pledge to conceide the election with no challenge. There was WAY more red this time and going against that is like kicking a land mine.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: DISRAELI

You are contradicting yourself. If that is what you want, why are you promoting attempts to circumvent the will of the people, as recently declared in the electoral process established by law?

The electoral college is not the will of the people the popular vote is the will of the people.
the electoral college was instituted to court slave states...to prevent popular uprisings ...yes slave states are who we have to thank for the electoral college

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
electors in the electoral college have NO CONSTITUTIONAL OBLIGATION at all to vote for the will of their state.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
By the latest count, Hillary won the popular vote by 574,064 votes.

Over half a million... The people have spoken. Hillary deserves the win.

No matter what, Trump's reign of hate deserves unrelenting fierce opposition.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Not convinced that we are not all just being manipulated.

By that I mean...you, me, everyone...democrats, republicans, otherwise...we are all in the middle of a machinated sh*storm of election manipulation, social unrest, and I foresee election overturning and more.

And we are so weakened from all the division of this election.

I think, 'they' are going to beat us.

Will you be ok with it because of any partisan opinions you might have?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
By the latest count, Hillary won the popular vote by 574,064 votes.

Over half a million... The people have spoken. Hillary deserves the win.

No matter what, Trump's reign of hate deserves unrelenting fierce opposition.

Im sure half a mill dead people and or illegals voted. The majority of people IN RED spoke. CLinton dont deserve it. and she ha salready said she will not contest or even fight for it.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Sadly America is not made by one state but 50 of them and historically electoral votes goes for the candidate holding the most states.

Repeat after me, Unites States of America is a nation form by 50 individual states, Is not a Democracy but a Republic that practice democracy.

They teach that in the public schools in 4th grade along with the pre amble of the constitution.

BTW Trump will win the popular vote too.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join