It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump VS Clinton battle not finished just yet: Riots petitions and electoral college disputes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
It may seem like a good idea to get rid of the electoral votes but that is only when your team is the loser, when is the winner you will not be so happy and will feel cheated.

I voted for Johnson. Never once did I think he was going to win.

And I was so, so, so happy Hillary lost.

You misinterpret my objectivity for being a Hillary supporter.

ETA: I think you may just have more faith in our corrupt system than I do.
edit on 11-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

Electorates are not free to do whatever they please. Don't spread information that they can.

Twenty-one states do not have laws compelling their electors to vote for a pledged candidate. You should read up on a faithless elector.

Even still under your link, they are not constitutionally free to vote however they want.

The U.S. Supreme Court has held that the Constitution does not require that Electors be completely free to act as they choose

So even in a State that does not have a specific Law binding said electorate, the U.S. Supreme Court states they are not constitutionally free to act willy nilly ; And are subject to either State Legal reprecussions or Party Penalties. No where are they listed as completely independent agents, with free will.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

Wow.
Just saw your discussion with 2010 and in an effort to find out what the consequences are of being a faithless elector, I searched google "faithless elector punishment"

Results are scary. Bunch of news articles by MSM (ABC news, NY magazine, the independent, seattle times, newshub, AOL news etc etc etc) in the past week (many in the past 24 hours) discussing this very issue rendered by google search (google news provide more focussed results.

I do believe the threat could be real.
edit on 11-11-2016 by chiroy because: wrong initial info

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
www.bustle.com...

But Washington does have a law governing faithless electors, and the act carries a $1,000 fine. While that might serve to deter, say, a struggling writer like myself, Satiacum has claimed that the penalty wouldn’t stop him from not voting for Clinton. That’s assuming the penalty is enforced. Even though there have been 157 faithless electors in U.S. history, none have been prosecuted, according to the National Archives.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiroy

I do believe the threat is real.

Yep.

Trump voters need to be bracing themselves and better stop trying to convince themselves it can't and won't happen.

It can and I really think it will.

NOTE: That does not mean I like it and, again, I was THRILLED that Hillary lost. (I might have to make this my signature for a while because when I suggest such a thing may happen, some ATSers seem to want to believe that means I am a Hillary voter.)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

No, no at all, MotherMayEye, I am a swinger, I have voted both side and I know how is to lose the elections after winning the popular vote with Kerry I voted Bush in the first term but voted Kerry the second time.

That's why I made the comment.

I have been voting since 1978 I didn't not vote for Regan second term at all that is the only time I didn't voted.

edit on 11-11-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

No, no at all, MotherMayEye, I am a swinger, I have voted both side and I know how is to lose the elections after winning the popular vote with Gore, I voted Bush in the first term but voted Gore the second time.

I have been voting since 1978 I didn't not vote for Regan second term at all that is the only time I didn't voted.

You must have that backwards....Gore ran against Bush the first time and Kerry the second time.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

No, no at all, MotherMayEye, I am a swinger, I have voted both side and I know how is to lose the elections after winning the popular vote with Gore, I voted Bush in the first term but voted Gore the second time.

You must have that backwards....Gore ran against Bush the first time and Kerry the second time.

Can we just stop for a moment to appreciate that Marg said she's a swinger?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Any hinky results from the Electoral College would absolutely cause a mob of angry -- and armed -- Trump supporters to descend on Washington DC. People would die, and in all likelyhood the White House and Capitol building would get torched before it was all over. It would be a total nightmare.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Can we just stop for a moment to appreciate that Marg said she's a swinger?

Got my car keys ready

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: chiroy

What threat is real ?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
www.metro.us...

The day before Hillary Clinton won the nation’s popular vote but ultimately lost the presidential election when Donald Trump took the majority of Electoral College votes, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed legislation that supports voter’s voices over electors.

“This action will help ensure every vote is treated equally and places New York at the forefront of the battle for fairer elections and strengthen our democracy,” Gov. Cuomo said Monday. “Making the national popular vote a binding one will enable all voices to be heard and encourage candidates to appeal to voters in all states.”

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

This sh*t is getting very scary.

ETA: We have seriously been set up.
edit on 11-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

the dnc could Put out an announcement and settle this immediately. Are they still being crooked in defeat?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Follow the money.

George Soros

Open Society Foundations

United We Dream

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Just read that Arizona has now officially called it for Trump, so that should about seal it and stop some of this silliness.

Donald Trump has won Arizona’s presidential contest and its 11 electoral votes.

The Republican president-elect had a solid lead over Hillary Clinton on election night, but a winner wasn’t declared because there were so many uncounted votes. The latest batch of returns tabulated Thursday made him the clear winner.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TucsonOne
Follow the money.

George Soros

Open Society Foundations

United We Dream

Exactly. The OSF funded all the *cough* research that supported election reform legislation that made our election and voter registration systems LESS secure.

Like the junk that comes from the Brennan Center for Justice.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yes a big one, I vote for candidates no parties.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Yes thanks I fix it.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
What about Michigan?

originally posted by: Britguy
Just read that Arizona has now officially called it for Trump, so that should about seal it and stop some of this silliness.

Donald Trump has won Arizona’s presidential contest and its 11 electoral votes.

The Republican president-elect had a solid lead over Hillary Clinton on election night, but a winner wasn’t declared because there were so many uncounted votes. The latest batch of returns tabulated Thursday made him the clear winner.

www.washingtonpost.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join