It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump VS Clinton battle not finished just yet: Riots petitions and electoral college disputes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiroy
just found this at www.usatoday.com...

In modern practice, the Electoral College is mostly a formality. Most electors are loyal members of the party that has selected them, and in 26 states, plus Washington, D.C., electors are bound by laws or party pledges to vote in accord with the popular vote. Although an elector could, in principle, change his or her vote (and a few actually have over the years), doing so is rare.

Unlikely but not impossible for Electoral College to change their vote. I'm not saying the Clinton camp is going to succeed, but I bet they are gonna try. Not a done deal just yet, IMO.

So far, the only talk of "faithless electors" I've heard comes from 2 electors from Washington State. Who said they might refuse to vote for Hillary.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Haven't read whole article but headline is quite telling:

George Soros on tape: Trump will win popular vote in 'landslide,' but Hillary Clinton's electoral victory is already 'a done deal'

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Yes, Electors can be bought off to vote for anyone they want... democracy be damned! Via Archives.gov: There is no Constitutional provision or Federal law that requires Electors to vote according to the results of the popular vote in their states. Some states, however, require Electors to cast their votes according to the popular vote. The U.S. Supreme Court has held that the Constitution does not require that Electors be completely free to act as they choose and therefore, political parties may extract pledges from electors to vote for the parties' nominees... The Supreme Court has not specifically ruled on the question of whether pledges and penalties for failure to vote as pledged may be enforced under the Constitution. No Elector has ever been prosecuted for failing to vote as pledged. You might be shocked to learn that only 29 states require Electors to case their electoral votes in accordance with the popular vote of their state. Those 29 states, listed here are:

Click link for more info www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: chiroy

There is something very hinky going on. We've been set up....I just have this sinking feeling.

My tinfoil hat is tuning in to some serious shenanigans. And everyone is going to buy into this crap, just like they did when the two parties orchestrated the election debacle in Florida, in 2000, to serve as the catalyst to move towards hackable electronic voting machines, do away with paper ballots, and usher in the HAVA.

This time, the orchestration is nationwide. Say goodbye to the electoral college.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Maybe Trump supporters should start their own poll. There are more of us than them. I do not think Hillary did win the popular vote. I know it looks that way on paper but those numbers are so screwed up with voter fraud who can tell. Knowing there was rampant voter fraud confirms Hillary knew she could not win without cheating. HA! Since they want to keep this going by throwing a tantrum maybe we need to scream louder before they get their way.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

It would be Impossible for the Simple Fact it would be Unconstitutional .

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

There is no Constitutional provision or Federal law that requires Electors to vote according to the results of the popular vote in their states.

It appears you are wrong. From my post above

There is no Constitutional provision or Federal law that requires Electors to vote according to the results of the popular vote in their states.

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
Even if all that held water ( and I'm not saying it does or does not) my question becomes this... Since Hillary has already conceded, does it even matter?

No it doesn't matter because she conceded. A tie of 269 votes brings the decision to the House of Representatives which is run by Paul Ryan and the Republicans who want a President who will sign their legislation.

If the person who wanted to be POTUS more than anyone in the history of the nation gave up and conceded then there is no possibility to change the outcome. Conceding is the same as dropping out of the race, you cannot come back in, all of your required documentation filings to be eligible in each State have become null and void and the deadlines to file make it impossible to get back in the race.

These sore losers need to go home, cry it out and live on.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
We are witnessing something unique and special!

These riots and challenges are the EARLY symptoms of resistance that occurs when you're attempting to purge entrenched establishments from power. They will throw all they have at President Trump, while going down the drain.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Why oh Why we got a generation that do not seem to grasp the way politics work in this nation, they have no clue what elections means, they hope that the electoral vote will change their mind.

Is not going to happen and please, research on how the electoral vote works before talking about the hope of dissent

Hillary will never be president and Trump is our next president and that is that.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Out of fear, the police have turned to mush in this country. Ten years ago, there would have been tear gas and rubber bullets flying, when protests turn destructive/violent.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: drifter1109
Maybe Trump supporters should start their own poll. There are more of us than them. I do not think Hillary did win the popular vote. I know it looks that way on paper but those numbers are so screwed up with voter fraud who can tell. Knowing there was rampant voter fraud confirms Hillary knew she could not win without cheating. HA! Since they want to keep this going by throwing a tantrum maybe we need to scream louder before they get their way.

I think this 'crisis' with the popular vote totals has been completely orchestrated, too.

It will be the catalyst to get rid of the electoral college (which I am fine with), but not retroactively. The electors BETTER honor their state's votes, this time.

If they want to abolish the EC, in the future, I am actually ok with that. I do believe in 1 person/1 vote. But I voted and consented to the EC system. I am not down for changing the rules after it's over.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The way I see it, Inauguration Day is the finish line, Trump has to make it there and take office for this to be over.

If Clinton manipulates the College (hey they have MILLIONS to throw at Electors to bribe them) I do think that it won't just be the people on the street protesting but we might see the military react.

The idea of Civil War being everyday people who are looking for change going up against the US Government is hopelessly flawed. A rag-tag band of gun-owners (even numbering in the tens of thousands) would be easily crushed by one of the most (if not THE most) technologically advanced militaries in the world.

Now, the military itself splitting between those defending the constitution and those defending the Clinton Regime/Establishment would be a more likely catalyst (if you look at Roman history, Civil War was always initiated by factionalization in the military).

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Abolishing the electoral vote will give only a few states the right to elect a president, America is not a country per say, we are a republic that have 50 states, a few states can not control the will of the rest.

Is never going to happen, is no fair and it will be counterproductive.

The Republic can not be killed.

It may seem like a good idea to get rid of the electoral votes but that is only when your team is the loser, when is the winner you will not be so happy and will feel cheated.

I know I been there and see how it feels to be in the loser site when the popularity vote goes to the other side.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Marge,
I get a little bit scared when I agree with you. I respect your opinion even though we are usually on opposite sides of an issue.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Ha, ha, don't be, I open minded "most of the time"

but I do a lot of research and I always willing to learn, politics is something that I like, but sadly I have no loyalties to parties of any kind the same way that I do not follow organized religion.

I vote for candidates and flip flop around a lot.
Can no wait to dissect Trumps cabinet and then people will start disliking me again.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
Once she called Trump to concede it was over with. That call is legally binding. If her team thought she had a chance she would have never made the call. Every person on Trump's staff could sue her personally in a civil court. That's why she waited so long to call. They wanted to make sure with their lawyers and the lawyers told her it was over with.

I'm pretty certain despite the number of stars you've gotten, this is complete crap.

Throw up a source that a concession speech, in any form, is legally binding and we can go from there.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Electorates are subject to State Laws that require they vote, or maintain a standard set by their voting district. Infact most States require the electorate to maintain their district's results or standards during multiple revotes in the college. For example My State requires an electorate to vote as directed by their district no matter how many revotes there may or may not be.

Electorates are not free to do whatever they please. Don't spread information that they can.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Abolishing the electoral vote will give only a few states the right to elect a president, America is not a country per say, we are a republic that have 50 states, a few states can not control the will of the rest.

That is no different than what is going on now. The candidates concentrate on certain states that have the highest electoral votes and might visit the others once or twice if at all.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

Electorates are not free to do whatever they please. Don't spread information that they can.

Twenty-one states do not have laws compelling their electors to vote for a pledged candidate. You should read up on a faithless elector.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join