It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Calm Millennial Protesters By Handing Out Participation Trophies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

U.S.—As anti-Trump rallies nationwide turned hostile overnight with widespread reports of violence, looting, vandalism, and death threats against the president-elect and his supporters, police in numerous major cities were able to instill calm and regain control by handing out participation trophies to all millennial protesters who were enraged about losing the election, sources confirmed.

The shrewd tactic was the idea New York Police Officer Joe Butler, who has three twentysomething children himself, and noted to reporters Thursday that he remembered how his children “never had to deal with losing as they were growing up.”
SOURCE

What's going on is serious. I tried to bring it up on this forum before.

Generation Y Unashamedly Acting Like Teens Into Their 20s

NBA owner blames team's struggles on "millennial culture"

It's clear to me that most posters on this forum were apathetic about millennial culture in the past. Now that it's turning ugly (I predicted it would) they're showing some concern.

What can be done about it?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Damn thats funny. What i find funny is pot is almost legal in the united states and the people who would seem the most happy about it are too busy rioting over hillary who would of killed any states rights regarding the use of the drug. I think when they figure that out this trump presidency isnt going to be too bad. In california they can grow it for recreational uses
Did you hear that! Not medical use recreational use!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Did you actually read the headlines of the other articles on 'The Babylon Bee'? the story linked in source itself has no source, and the other titles on the site are spurious christian/the onion mashups.

What I'm saying is I call bull on this particular story. Bad shape of a nation that it almost sounded like something that could happen though.

babylonbee.com... Come on, ATS doesn't need this kind of ignorance.
edit on 11/11/2016 by Learningman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

The Babylon Bee is Your Trusted Source For Christian News Satire.

it says at the end of the page

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Haha oh snap, maybe I should have read harder myself.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

That's not funny. Those people really are feeling hurt.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I have no Idea what a millennial is but I blame Gen X and the baby boomers.

I'm 32 and so does that make me a...walrus? I can't keep up with all the niches or cliches. Now if you'll excuse me I have a Nerf gun to play with; is that a gen X or a gen Y thing?

But on the serious side the decision has been made and protesting won't help. As a heavy metal fan I'd hate for skrillex to be elected but protesting won't change the results; I may not like it but rules is rules and Trump won.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

BAhahahaha, thanks for that...no truer words, quick everyone, lets use each others bathrooms!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I have no Idea what a millennial is but I blame Gen X and the baby boomers.

I'm 32 and so does that make me a...walrus? I can't keep up with all the niches or cliches. Now if you'll excuse me I have a Nerf gun to play with; is that a gen X or a gen Y thing?

But on the serious side the decision has been made and protesting won't help. As a heavy metal fan I'd hate for skrillex to be elected but protesting won't change the results; I may not like it but rules is rules and Trump won.

I think, by definition, you and I are both millennials.

I posted a rant on that that word at some point, since I do not fit in.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: Learningman

The Babylon Bee is Your Trusted Source For Christian News Satire.

it says at the end of the page

Yeah, it does. That's why he posted in the Jokes Puns and Pranks forum.

top topics

join