It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Reason Trump Won the Election: Democrats voted for him in droves...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

An App Saw Trump Winning Swing States When Polls Didn't

In 2016, the polls got it wrong. They failed to predict that Donald Trump was winning key battleground states. But a startup in San Francisco says it spotted it well in advance, not because of the "enthusiasm gap" — Republicans turning out and Democrats staying at home. Instead, the startup Brigade's data pointed to a big crossover effect: Democrats voting for Trump in droves.

Here's where it gets fascinating: On the Democratic side, Mahan explains, "we saw something entirely different." Only 55 percent of registered Democrats pledged to vote for the Democratic nominee.

It's not the Bernie Sanders effect. This result is in the general election, after the primaries. It looks more like the Trump effect. Of Brigade's verified voters, 40 percent of registered Democrats pledged to vote for Trump.

So like Reagan's Democrats, that 'secret' voter everyone was talking about included a significant number of Trump Democrats.

Surprise, surprise.

edit on 11-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

In hindsight, it should be obvious.

Here's where it gets fascinating: On the Democratic side, Mahan explains, "we saw something entirely different." Only 55 percent of registered Democrats pledged to vote for the Democratic nominee.

Based upon how hard he wants to go after jobs, that should be the obvious takeaway.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I covered this months ago in my thread Social Media Patterns Show Trump Is Looking at a Landslide Victory.

I was summarily called an idiot by the Hillbots, saying that social media is a joke and no indicator of popularity, and that "scientific" polls were far more reliable. Go read it for yourself.

But here we are. Who has their foot in their mouth now?

edit on 11-11-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
i think the whole notion of democrats and republicans just got thrown out the window for the most part. Trump could have ran as a democrat or republicans and still won. Our government had just become so self serving it didnt matter anymore. seems like,working,in government has just become a get rich quick extortion scheme for pedos and mafia minded crooks.

Scalia and the wet works that went down had a huge effect on this election. That was a major over-reach by the illuminati. everybody knew the day it went down something was fishy. The emails just confirmed it. also a factor was the Pedo ring breaking over the net. That was going viral before comey pulled attention away from it. seems like every forum had at least three of four pedo ring threads going. truth was getting out fast and the MSM would not cover it. I believe comey was thrown out there to pull attention off it.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
i think the whole notion of democrats and republicans just got thrown out the window for the most part.

Totally agree. The old paradigms are crushed, they just don't know it yet. A hundred years from now, historians will have new names for it all.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
I covered this months ago in my thread Social Media Patterns Show Trump Is Looking at a Landslide Victory.

I was summarily called an idiot by the Hillbots, saying that social media is a joke and no indicator of popularity, and that "scientific" polls were far more reliable. Go read it for yourself.

How does that explain trump losing the popular vote? I agree with your electoral system he thrashed Hillary but when all votes counted he is not a popular as her?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Trump is more like a stealth Tea Party candidate than a republican or democrat when you look at his platform.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

i think a lot of the GOP are realizing it.

The DNC is going through the stages of grief right now. after that wether they remain relevant will depend on if they are willing to Purge the part or not. Sanders is not the answer either.

I honestly feel the DNC is going to have to lose a few more times before they get it. They will try to run on hate (even more so than now lol) for the next four years and reemerge. they will play some games like all this talk of God lately LOL. Hillary quoting scripture LOL. "god bless america" -hillary clinton. when you start hearing the DNC say things like that you know its bad.

they have lots of time to work on their new spin though while Trump and his administration has to fix this seemingly impossible mess we are in. I think he has a solid shot even though we will have some bumps (interest rate increase) along the way.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

thats exactly what he is.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Last I checked, only 200k seperated them in the popular vote...and AZ, MI and NH still haven't finished counting. So this narrative that she won the popular vote may not hold.

But in the swing states, this variable obviously mattered a great deal.

edit on 11-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

link   

This makes sense, really. If you look at the rust belt and midwestern states where Trump well outperformed the past few GOP candidates, you see a ton of middle to lower middle class working families who got on the Democrat wagon some years ago because their union chiefs were coddled by the Dems and urged all the union workers to "vote Democrat, they're the ones who care about YOU." As the jobs left thanks to Democrats and liberal Republicans pushing for global free trade, as the marginally skilled positions became filled by droves of immigrant workers in the US because of Democrats and liberal Republicans pushing for more visas, and as the Democrats began to take these people for granted and start focusing their efforts on a Kept Voter base of minorities and urban whites via handouts, welfare, and subsidies, those rust belt laborers got mad. Add in to the equation the fact that most of those voters are also hunters, very patriotic, and tend towards protectionism of their culture over willingly flushing all that they always have been right down the crapper in favor of *ahem* enlightened diversity *horsecrap*cough* excuse me... and this shift was only waiting for a catalyst. Trump was the catalyst. The other major factor in this is, I believe, moderate Democrats have reached their limits in regards to the constant self shaming, self loathing, and self mockery many of the more prominent Democrat mouthpieces heap on them. Simply put, even the kindest dog will bite the hell out of you if you mistreat it everyday, talk down to it, scold it for no reason, and take food out of it's bowl to give to some other dog.

link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

i think if you add up all the non hillary votes you will find she did not get the popular vote either.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

more voted against her than for her the last time I checked.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

originally posted by: Konduit

How does that explain trump losing the popular vote? I agree with your electoral system he thrashed Hillary but when all votes counted he is not a popular as her?

Trump lost the popular vote because a large number of would be Trump voters on the left coast didn't bother to cast a vote. I'm blessed to live in the lone Conservative beacon of light out here on the Pacific Rim, but if you are a conservative voter or even a moderate in California, Oregon, Washington, or Hawaii, unless there is a major ballot initiative that you are interested in, you have a hard time finding a reason to go to the polls because the election has usually already been called by 6PM Pacific time and you know your state will come up just shy of turning red even if every would-be conservative voter in said state showed up. That said, I guarantee you that you could easily find several hundred thousand Trump votes in California and Washington if they went to a national popular vote instead of Electoral college.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Interesting theory but totally wrong.

Less people voted for Trump than for Romney or even McCain.

The reason the Democrats lost is because they didn't have a candidate that would bring out otherwise apathetic voters to vote based solely on the candidates race.

Tl/Dr : The Dems lost because playing the race card didn't work while running a white candidate and racism is their bread and butter.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

It makes me wonder: how many of the protestors currently out on the street secretly voted Trump?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare

originally posted by: agenda51
i think the whole notion of democrats and republicans just got thrown out the window for the most part.

Totally agree. The old paradigms are crushed, they just don't know it yet. A hundred years from now, historians will have new names for it all.

Ummm...yeah...and that new name for it will be...wait for it..."Trumped"...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Scientific is in quotation marks there because the polls they're talking about weren't properly done polls, they were mostly just drylabbed shilljobs at worst and relatively incompetently performed at best.
edit on 11/11/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Also this:

Mr. Trump also won over millions of voters who had once flocked to President Obama’s promise of hope and change, and who on Tuesday saw in Mr. Trump their best chance to dampen the most painful blows of globalization and trade, to fight special interests, and to be heard and protected. Twelve percent of Mr. Trump’s supporters approved of Mr. Obama, according to the exit polls.

www.nytimes.com...

That's something no one saw coming. Stealth voters. Disillusioned by Obama's failed effort at "hope and change". Like me.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
As a Canadian that followed the election from the outside looking in, in a nutshell, it simply appeared as though Rural America defeated Urban America in the final polls.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join