It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To everyone who did not vote for Trump.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Don't feel bad about biting back. We need worthy foes here. Look 45 degrees to your left or right, and realize that no harm or foul will come to anyone. Some of us just want to keep our mind sharp with disputation, which is its own reward.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Why do you disagree? Paid protesters at Trump rallies paid to incite violence. Riots on the streets because the criminal high priestess didn't win.

SMH...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Don't feel bad about biting back. We need worthy foes here. Look 45 degrees to your left or right, and realize that no harm or foul will come to anyone. Some of us just want to keep our mind sharp with disputation, which is its own reward.

Interesting thought to entertain:

No matter where you lay on the political/social scale, there is someone twice as liberal or twice as conservative than you.

I wonder what those two people would do if they met.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

As none of those people in that video are members of ATS, and given that the subject of this thread is the vitriol, hatred and gloating towards members ON ATS, I respectfully ask that you stick to the topic please.

Thankyou, your help is much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Oh no. Lets be absolutely clear about this.

It IS even more necessary than it ever was to deny ignorance. In an era where reason is at least partially common, where political discourse in the main makes sense, does not contradict itself largely speaking, does not contain support for concepts which it then tears down in its next breath, it is not urgent, there is not an emergency with regard to ignorance and its denial.

But when people claim justice, liberty, and freedom are their guiding forces, but allow themselves to have their favour purchased by people who promise that justice, liberty and freedom will be exclusive, no longer universal but entirely discriminatory in their application, THAT is a time where there is most certainly an emergency, where it is more necessary than it has ever been before, to make visible, noisy, and irrepressible protest in order to deny ignorance. There most certainly are times when one could sit back, relax just a bit, and enjoy a relatively pleasant conversation about many things. These are not those times. War has been declared on reason and fair play, and that demands a response.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Don't feel bad about biting back.

I do though. It only aided in perpetuating the hatred and vitriol, rather than help dissipate it.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: agenda51

America is better than that. Americans are better than that.

Are they not also better than to kick the loser while they are down, gloating and spreading vitriol?

Although I frown upon direct gloating and displays of pointless arrogance, I want to explain a reason of why this is probably happening.

Republicans are "rubbing it in" a lot because a large % of Democrats are stubborn and are actually refusing to admit defeat and are ramping up their rhetoric with anger. There is a lot of cognitive dissonance involved on both sides as well.

You see both R and D are humans and have human traits, qualities, strengths and weaknesses. One of those weaknesses we all share is stubbornness and refusal to accept defeat on certain issues. This election year was extremely nasty and filthy with a lot of trash talking and insults and derogatory language that attacked people of both sides on a personal level which is ad hominem fallacy.

As a result of all of these personalized insults (like 'you idiot, you retards'), the winner, no matter which side won, many of the people would naturally be compelled to rub it in. It's like a form of avenging their hurt and injury from the personalized attacks they percieved during the mud slinging prior to the election.

And because of this personalized insulting activity, and because of the inevitable gloating as retaliation after the election was over, the 'losing side' will inevitably feel hurt and further insulted personally by that rude behavior. They will then experience further cognitive dissonance (like everyone else generally is at every step of this process), and will continue the tit for tat battle without realizing that it is a never ending cycle of ad hominem fallacies that will probably go on forever.

The reason this process is unlikely to stop and will go on for thousands of years is because there are too many humans, and everyone is at different maturity levels and has different moods and this changes dynamically within everyone and differently between everyone. We are also very uneducated about inter-personal development issues and how to deal with these types of psychological challenges within ourselves.

I could teach a million people how to be awesome, but a million more will never have heard of that. Then their behavior could cause even me or my best students to slip up and bite the bait tomorrow, because no one's perfect and our moods change dynamically based on circumstances in our lives, etc. So tomorrow you may need to remind me and teach me better because I might be the idiot again, though right now I feel pretty articulate and eloquent.

It's a never ending cycle.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Doesn't matter within weeks the media will flipflop , brainwashed hillary supporters will always follow mainstreammedia so... Well not a problem....

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Clinton was just bad news pure and simple. Thank god enough people realized it before it was too late. Bad for the country, bad for women, bad for men, bad for children. Just bad all around. There was nothing to be gained from her.

We are all extremely lucky with Trump because he is neither a republican or a democrat. He is a pro american populist who is sharp as a tack and is on a mission to prove he is the greatest fixer in american history.

we had two radically different paths we could have taken and luckily the populace ignored all the psyops tactics and went with a pro american candidate... warts and all.

This was an unorthodox election with an unorthodox candidate and in turn will be an unorthodox president and administration. Its going to be good though. We finally got somebody who isnt owned by corruption and is set on improving the lives of good everyday americans who love their country. This is going to be fun!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I truly believe the violence would be worse if Hillary would have won.

I, for one, was actually terrified of the days/weeks after a potential Hillary win. I regularly try and read things that 100% disagree with myself. I hunt for backwater blogs and social media accounts that diametrically oppose my own feelings. The things I was seeing posted/written about a possible Trump loss were frightening.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I truly believe there would not have been any violence had Hillary won.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I voted for trump are you going to exclude me from your echo chambers? I will keep it civil for a moment in this thread.
Its your right to ignore us and thats ok. We do push buttons these buttons have been pushed on us for a long time. At first after the election I honestly felt bad for dems. Why you ask? Hillary just left everyone of your people who fought hard for her and told them to go home. This made me sick honestly and i even posted about it.
However over the course of a couple of days the left started to get bold and lash out at us trump supporters even more so the gloves come off. Riots screaming fits and attacking his supporters while blaming white males seems to be the trend.
I could understand this if trump was actually in office but hes not and hasn't done anything yet.
Obama is still in office and this is all just tantrums of the people who had been so smug and in your face about trump even having a chance at being president.

I dont expect unity from you people i simply ask you to sit down and remain calm for the moment. I'm sure there will be a moment for you dems to get upset about in his presidency.

Basically what I'm saying is dont dish it out if you cant handle it. Dont create posts that attack his supporters then expect his supporters to be nice and civil and calm with you because we dont think of you as you think of you aka you are not our moral superiors.

Dont create bait threads to attack trump people and dont get smug like your trying with this thread in your
virtue signalling and expect us to not rub salt in.

Basically dont expect people to not bash the hell out of you on here when you act self rightious and smarter then others with different political ideals then you unless you can back it up.

You are not a victim your not a victim class you picked the wrong pony in a horse race except the loss, examine why you lost, think about your moral values as something you hold but dont expect or demand from other to uphold them.

Grow and research your opponent try and understand them or why they would vote the way they have. I have been to hillarys website have you been to trumps? Look at your movements have they helped people or have they simply divided the nation?Have they separated people of color from white people have they separated women from men and gays from straight people?

The blm movement and the lgbt movement and the social justice warriors movement and feminist movement has not brought this nation together most of it is filled with HATE at one group of race and gender and sexuality straight white males.

And these groups along with the dems have been attacking us non stop for the past 8 years as the source of all your problems. What did you expect us to lay down and let you run us over. Even some black and latino people felt this country wasn't heading in the right direction.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I will keep my steel toe boots on and kicking until they show respect to President Trump and give him the opportunity to show what he can do for our country.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Thankyou for that thoughtful and intelligent reply mate.

I agree with many of your points. As I said before, I too am guilty of biting back at some of the vitriol directed at me. There HAS to come a point though where the people perpetuating it, regardless of 'side', either realise that the hatred is solving nothing or pass the Rubicon into armed revolt and the mess that will ensue from that. I find it hard to believe that the people of America really WANT it to go that far - but if they aren't careful thats exactly where it is headed, and it will solve nothing.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Oh no. Lets be absolutely clear about this.

It IS even more necessary than it ever was to deny ignorance. In an era

What era?

Please set the beginning date (by year) and the end date or projected end date.
If you cannot set a specific date on this than please explain why.

Did denying ignorance become more vital in 1960 and we are still in that 'era' of this particular vitality rating? Or did this era begin last week? Or did it begin 10,000 years ago and you are meaning a vast time frame by this undefined terminology 'era'?

Also could you define "vital" by showing a rating system of vitality levels and explain some information about that?

I am convinced you are misusing the English language because you are speaking colloquially and not literally and because I (for the pure fun of it) chomped on that. So define 'era' and 'vital' specifically in the context of your claim that it's "more vital than ever" to deny ignorance.

I completely disagree because I think it's provably true that denying ignorance was equally as valid in ancient times as it is in the atomic or computer ages. For example 'being ignorant of alligators while swimming in the swamp is equally as vital a mistake 5000 years ago as it is today'. Context dynamically alters the usage of the terminology but you did indeed originally blanket statement this one.

My use of the words "era" and "vital" are textbook definitions:
Era = "a long and distinct period of history with a particular feature or characteristic:"
Vital = "absolutely necessary or important; essential:"
edit on 11/11/2016 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Indeed.

I have said from the very beginning that neither Trump nor Hillary should ever have been considered for the Presidency, and this sort of thing is precisely why. Neither of them are responsible enough with their rhetoric to prevent nonsense like this, which sort of proves their lack of suitability for any high office.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
I voted for trump are you going to exclude me from your echo chambers? I will keep it civil for a moment in this thread.

As long as it's kept civil, and does not delve into unnecessary vitriol, gloating and hatred, then of course you are welcome to join in this discussion.

link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Trumps like ability is going to go through the roof as he implements his agenda. he is going to make Reagan look boring and slow. This is the first president since Reagan i am actually going to like listening to when he speaks to the populace. i look forward to him meeting with world leaders.... throwing out the first pitch.... breaking ground at the boarder for the wall.

americans are going to be proud again. Many are just after tuesday. we banded together and took down the Clintons and the path to regressive policies. Tuesday night the populace saved most likely the constitution without a violent revolt. It was that big of a night.

common core...... bye, bye!

link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I truly believe there would not have been any violence had Hillary won.

Really? People here were buying guns in large quantities and posting about possible armed revolution.

And I know people like you would wave it off and say, "Oh that's just boys with their toys talking a big game, loudmouths with no real intent!"

I'm not willing to make that leap with you.

You can believe whatever you decide to believe, but your belief doesn't equate to reality.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

You sure seem excited! )))

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join