It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simpsons episode predicted President Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This is a screen grab from a Simpson episode from the year 2000. That's pretty F'ed up when a cartoon does something that actually happens 16 years later. I guess Trump was right - it was rigged.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The simpsons have been on tv longer then most young adults have been alive now think about that for a second its only a matter of time before the predicted something and actually the simpsons have predicted alot of stuff.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

I really love the slogan.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I believe that screen grab is from 2015... but this is probably the clip you are looking for.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Not a first time cartoon shows end up "predicting" something.

More about it from the producer and creator;

James L Brooks, executive producer on The Simpsons, summed up the sense of disbelief, tweeting simply: “F*** disillusionment!” Earlier this year Simpsons writer Dan Greaney ex­­plained why they had “predicted” a Trump presidency back in 2000 .

“It was a warning to America,” he said. “That just seemed like the logical last stop before hitting bottom. It was consistent with the vision of America going insane. “What we needed was for Lisa to have problems beyond her fixing, that everything went as bad as it possibly could, and that’s why we had Trump be president before her.”

Greaney, who has also produced episodes of the US version of The Office, said: “The Donald Trump that we were writing about was kind of a lovable, over-the-top character and didn’t have this darkness.

“There’s nothing in the episode about walls or rounding up Mexicans or Islamophobia. You would expect that he’d build giant monuments to himself but you wouldn’t expect that the first thing would be a wall.” Have your say in the comments below

Show creator Matt Groening said last month: “Back in 2000 Trump was, of course, the most absurd placeholder joke name that we could think of at the time and that’s still true. It’s beyond satire.”
Source

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

From 2015 apparently..

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Sorry, the screen grab above was from a more recent episode.

I don't have the one from 2000.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
That scene with the escalator..right down to the guy dropping a sign. That's weird. Beyond weird.

new topics

top topics

join