It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police declare Portland anti-Trump protest a 'riot'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Well, it didn't take long for Portland, OR to descend into a typical case of "trash my neighborhood 'cuz I'm mad and emotional".

What started out as a peaceful assembly, turned into destruction of properties, and untold amounts of damages to businesses.

Portland police, citing "extensive criminal and dangerous behavior," declared the protest a riot at 8:30 p.m. The bureau said it warned the crowd about the designation, then tweeted that rioting is a class C felony.
About 9 p.m., the bureau tweeted: "Crowd throwing projectiles at police. Significant damage to area car lot." Police in riot gear began assembling downtown as the crowd moved west along Northeast Broadway toward the Broadway Bridge.

Kaden Burdick, a 20-year-old Portland resident, said he sees the election of Trump as a rise of white supremacy and wants to fight against racism, xenophobia and homophobia that Trump's comments appear to have unleashed.

Source

So voting for a white male gives rise to "white supremacy"?

Did these people not realize their messiah Bernie was WHITE?

How about the usurper and second choice, HIllary, is she not WHITE TOO?

How does destroying your own town make you credible? In short, It doesn't it makes you a threat, it makes you look like ignorant children, trashing your bedroom 'cuz mom told you no dessert for not doing your chores, except your HURTING people. Pulling people from cars and BEATING them?

This is going too far, Lefties.. And you call us Conservatives the barbarians?

I think your psychologically projecting..

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Things like this are one of the many reasons I strayed to the right.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
These people are angry. They see Trump as the second coming of Hitler-Nixon. I'm not saying its justified or that it's even correct, but its what they believe. They believe they're doing the right thing.

Now, you can blame that on the words Trump's used himself, media brainwashing, or empty headed idiots. And you'll probably be right on all counts.

These are the same people who worked hard towards change coming out of the Bush years and now Trump (actually more Trump supporters than Trump himself) threatens a return in ideology to the old guard, the Reagans, the Bush's, the wars they inevitably represent.

I can't blame them for being pissed about that because Trump isn't clear about his policies or intentions so a lot of who he is and what he wants to do is left up to individual interpretation. The division you're seeing is a product of that, I think.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

These people are angry. They see Trump as the second coming of Hitler-Nixon. I'm not saying its justified or that it's even correct, but its what they believe. They believe they're doing the right thing.

Now, you can blame that on the words Trump's used himself, media brainwashing, or empty headed idiots. And you'll probably be right on all counts.

These are the same people who worked hard towards change coming out of the Bush years and now Trump (actually more Trump supporters than Trump himself) threatens a return in ideology to the old guard, the Reagans, the Bush's, the wars they inevitably represent.

I can't blame them for being pissed about that because Trump isn't clear about his policies or intentions so a lot of who he is and what he wants to do is left up to individual interpretation. And everyone loves to beat each other over the head with their own interpretation of what he means. The division you're seeing is a product of that, I think.
edit on 11-11-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I think we are just seeing the entitled mindset playing out, they cannot deal with their team losing even after screaming that the other team was violent...somehow they justify acting out of violence even after accusing the other team of the very behavior they are now displaying.....hypocrites every single one of them...

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Everytime i think about the protesters this pops into my head and i cant stop laughing

The memes are such gold these days and with every time sjw act out they get better and better

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I can't blame them for being pissed about that because Trump isn't clear about his policies or intentions so a lot of who he is and what he wants to do is left up to individual interpretation. The division you're seeing is a product of that, I think.

I can't say I disagree with anything you've said, but these people need to go home and stop acting like lunatics. Seriously, the weather up there is pleasant, and I'm sure there are some nice things to watch on Netflix.

Hell, they can log onto ATS and bitch if they want.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I blame all the riots on Hillary ....with all the fear mongering she spewed out Over the past 15 months ,she Freaked people out.....people who don't know better or realize it's just political reteric .....and Obama joining in on the end of the campaign trail and calling trump a KKK supporter, etc ...didn't help any.....They pushed the fear agenda into the young populous who has only known Obama as their president for almost half of their life. They preyed on the young and weak minded , on the entitled community.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Actions have consequences. It's time for the Portland police to start cuffing or clubbing as far as I am concerned.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

I bet she's seething over it

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings.

I'm seeing a lot of that.

We were afraid too when Obama took office (Still are, there is still 70 days for him to do something to make SHTF).

I DO see a lot of media fueling a fire under these people, feeding them propaganda to bring their rage and anger out. It's criminal, imo, for them to do this, and I wish there was a way to make them accountable for such actions.

Sadly, people eat what they are spoon-fed by the talking heads, and it's dangerous.

If this continues, we're going to have major incidents soon.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers
I'm in Seattle and election night was crazy. I ended the night at the bar by my house when it turned into a free for all fist fight that spilled into and down the street.

I grabbed two glasses of whiskey off the bar and walked out of the door with them in case I got accosted on the way home. People are more angry than I've ever seen over an election. Especially here in the NW. These aren't the passive safe space liberals up here.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Some of the same who are weary of the militarized police-but somehow do not understand Hillary sides with those types the most- are just helping to push them farther into giving an excuse to take action. They need to take a step back, see what this really is. It's furthering the goals of people like Soros.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Some of the same who are weary of the militarized police-but somehow do not understand Hillary sides with those types the most- are just helping to push them farther into giving an excuse to take action. They need to take a step back, see what this really is. It's furthering the goals of people like Soros.

Eh, They're pushing the buttons of the wrong groups to warrant that type of action.

If they really wanted grounds to open a can of whoopie, they'd piss off the conservative groups, and militias. Then they'd have their grounds for curfews, armed soldiers on the streets, etc.

The left is only going to destroy businesses, and beat people, and whine and cry. They're not going to pickup firearms and force their will, it's against their... what ever it is.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Its interesting to see people who support small government encouraging a police state.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I can't blame them for being pissed about that because Trump isn't clear about his policies or intentions so a lot of who he is and what he wants to do is left up to individual interpretation. And everyone loves to beat each other over the head with their own interpretation of what he means. The division you're seeing is a product of that, I think.

They should be pissed about having no real choice here. Hillary is all about war too. Same cut of those mentioned under a different label.

a reply to: Greggers
I'm in Seattle and election night was crazy. I ended the night at the bar by my house when it turned into a free for all fist fight that spilled into and down the street.

I grabbed two glasses of whiskey off the bar and walked out of the door with them in case I got accosted on the way home. People are more angry than I've ever seen over an election. Especially here in the NW. These aren't the passive safe space liberals up here.

True many are less passive than Californians, more passive aggressive and aggressive types. Lot of Dem/Lib leaning people who own guns too.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Its interesting to see people who support small government encouraging a police state.

Who are you referring to?

The ones protesting want bigger government, free healthcare, free college, etc.

They don't want smaller government, they want more handouts and rainbow-farting unicorns..

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

a limited federal government is not in conflict with a strong local police force that enforces state and local laws for the safety of its citizens.
edit on 11-11-2016 by slowisfast because: Clarity

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Eh, They're pushing the buttons of the wrong groups to warrant that type of action.

If they really wanted grounds to open a can of whoopie, they'd piss off the conservative groups, and militias. Then they'd have their grounds for curfews, armed soldiers on the streets, etc.

The left is only going to destroy businesses, and beat people, and whine and cry. They're not going to pickup firearms and force their will, it's against their... what ever it is.

They might just do that, attack conservative groups, etc., as they are already going after people who they stereotypically deem as conservative.

See comment above for my other reply.
edit on 11-11-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

That's hilarious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join