It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump lays out his goals for the first 100 days, McConnell responds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Many of his goals are admirable and have the intention of putting America first. It is his contract with the American people. All of this can be read here:

www.npr.org...

Naturally, Republican's in congress say not so fast. To term limit legislation Republican Senator Mitch McConnell said "It will not be on the agenda in the Senate". McConnell also expressed doubt in Trumps other ideas, but came to an agreement that repealing Obamacare and border security were high priorities. Despite Trump's desire to keep portions of the Affordable Care Act such as the pre existing condition clause and installing a plan that will attempt to lower premiums, the topic of replacement was not mentioned by McConnell nor were any new ideas offered from the Senator.

Through the eyes of Senate leadership, Trump's plan to invest in infrastructure was not well received, the wall is not being considered as a serious idea, and term limits have already been shut down. So what do we have to look forward to? Why are Americans not being heard once again? Moving forward we have tax reform as another top priority. Will Trump and a GOP led Congress see eye to eye? We have yet to see the final plan so only time will tell.

The GOP will soon expose itself as the same party of traitors as the Democrats. When election time comes, remember those who did not abide by the will of the people.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Trump will have to pick his battles with the a-hole McConnell.

At least Boehner is gone.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Why do we need artificial Term Limits? If THE PEOPLE don't like the guy/gal in office, vote him/her out of office. Duhhh.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Mcconnell is part if the establishment. He is no trump ally. He would have rather had clinton win.

Trump threatens the power of folks like mcconnell. The revolt in the gop base was against people like Mcconnell.

This is what is funny about libs heads exploding. Trump is the outsider. He is the gops bernie.

Both parties are in upheavel. The gop just didnt anticilate trump. They were tryinf to squash him just like the dems did bernie.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Why do we need artificial Term Limits? If THE PEOPLE don't like the guy/gal in office, vote him/her out of office. Duhhh.

It isnt that easy with gerrymandering and all the other games incumbents play. In IL the most powerful state senator who has literaly run the state for 40 years, mike madigan gets elected on just 18000 votes in his district .

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
LOL.... Trump is the smartest one in the room. He is the master at dealing with idiots like Turtle the traitor. Ryan knows it. Trump will just go to the american people if McConnel wont fall in line.

Hannity is right, Neocons will get on board or get out of the way.

these people are all corrupt and half of them are pedos. They will fall in line. Trump wont play nice. we will just sick trey Gowdy on these traitors if we have too.

Drain the swamp

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
LOL.... Trump is the smartest one in the room. He is the master at dealing with idiots like Turtle the traitor. Ryan knows it. Trump will just go to the american people if McConnel wont fall in line.

Hannity is right, Neocons will get on board or get out of the way.

these people are all corrupt and half of them are pedos. They will fall in line. Trump wont play nice. we will just sick trey Gowdy on these traitors if we have too.

Drain the swamp

My hope is trump calls them out publicly for obstructing. Hold a press confernece and embarass them.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

it wont even come to that. McConnel is a coward. Trump has guts. His inner team is a force that is very impressive so far.... every one of them. Its like a dream team. Even his VP is solid as a rock. every one of them is a patriot.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

My hope is trump calls them out publicly for obstructing. Hold a press confernece and embarass them.

Obama tried that for 6 years, over and over. It doesn't work.

Trump will try but he doesn't have the stamina and his narcissism will make him not want to appear to be losing in any way so he will declare victory and give in to the obstructionists and move on to something else superficial.

Republicans (not Trump) want to repeal Obamacare and replace it with go # yourself care. They don't want term limits, or campaign funding regulation or lobbying restrictions or calling banking power to task or anything that Trump's voters really want.
edit on 11-11-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I stand behind Trump in ending corruption! His 100 day plan has many many ideas. Nafta, Tpp...dead if he gets his way. I can't say I'm an expert in this area though.

Lobbyist corruption...done. Its all in the plan. Look for yourselves.

This is our chance to end this once and for all. When the corrupt ones subvert these things they must be voted out of office.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
a reply to: Edumakated

it wont even come to that. McConnel is a coward. Trump has guts. His inner team is a force that is very impressive so far.... every one of them. Its like a dream team. Even his VP is solid as a rock. every one of them is a patriot.

Who, specifically, on Trump's team is not an establishment Republican working exclusively for the needs of the billionaire class?

There are rumors that Jamie Dimon or Carl Icahn are names for Secretary of Treasury. So GWB had the former CEO of Goldman as SecTreas, and DJT might have the CEO of JP Morgan as SecTreas.

And Hillary was supposedly the one compromised by Wall Street?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

It isnt that easy with gerrymandering and all the other games incumbents play. In IL the most powerful state senator who has literaly run the state for 40 years, mike madigan gets elected on just 18000 votes in his district .

I read about how Mike Madigan has had a strangle-hold on the state for several decades, but SOMEONE has to give him that power.

I think most of my fellow/lady Illinois citizens aren't that bright...to put it mildly. We're a Broke state financially and broke state functionally. Yet Illinois voted overwhelmingly for Hillary Clinton, over Donald Trump. Citizens here either like PAIN, or are extremely STUPID. Which one is it?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

Obama tried that for 6 years, over and over. It doesn't work.

Trump will try but he doesn't have the stamina and his narcissism will make him not want to appear to be losing in any way so he will declare victory and give in to the obstructionists and move on to something else superficial.

Republicans (not Trump) want to repeal Obamacare and replace it with go # yourself care. They don't want term limits, or campaign funding regulation or calling banking power to task or anything that Trump's voters really want.

Democrat voters already know this. Now Republican voters must experience it by watching their own savior become subverted and decimated by the corrupt members of Congress.

All voters want the same things!!!!!! Its our time.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

The Trump campaign can be boiled down to what ever he said about his opponent he himself was actually doing it.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Artificial? There should be term limits. You would have lost your mind if a vote was passed letting Obama go another 4.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

wait and see. They are very strong. heck... i think rudy wants to put hillary and the cronies away more than trump.

Obama could not call mcConnel out because he did not have public support for his legislation. trump has the will Of the people behind him.

ya see.... the golden part of all this is he dont have to lie to the public on his policies. Trump is not owned. He wants to go down in history as the greatest president of all time. This is how we get his ego to work for us. if he becomes truly great then we all benefit.

Now you will see some real wealth redistribution. people will be working for it though.

Trumps agenda is golden and this administration will go down in history.

Donald friggin Trump..... unbelievable....who would have thought.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Mcconnell is part if the establishment. He is no trump ally.

So, i guess now only Trump, himself, is anti-establishment?
edit on 11-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I read about how Mike Madigan has had a strangle-hold on the state for several decades, but SOMEONE has to give him that power.

I think most of my fellow/lady Illinois citizens aren't that bright...to put it mildly. We're a Broke state financially and broke state functionally. Yet Illinois voted overwhelmingly for Hillary Clinton, over Donald Trump. Citizens here either like PAIN, or are extremely STUPID. Which one is it?

Typically in areas where the population is more dense people put more weight into social issues which is how the liberally minded person thinks. Their brains are wired to protect social issues first. I predict it might have to do with increased interaction and proximity to neighbors. Genetics and early environmental conditons tend to push people towards like minded populations. Hence all the Democrats in Illinois where we have "the city". Unfortunately some have used this as an opportunity to take advantage of good people. Illinois is a perfect example of why we need term limits at all levels of government.

All decent people care about removing corruption from politics. It is not a partisan issue. Go Trump.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Mcconnell is part if the establishment. He is no trump ally.

So, i guess now only Trump, himself, is anti-establishment?

Hold Trump to his word. If he abandons us then shame on all of us. For now, he owes us a good fight. Someone needs to stand up to corruption.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

Will of the people behind him? He got less votes then Clinton. Obama got many more votes in both of his elections and that didn't get him any help.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join