It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

I Didn't Realize How Bad It Was

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Maybe if you stopped generalizing all people who think liberally as murderers...

Dude it starts with you. Bad eggs are bad eggs. My friend is a Trump voter and all day out of his mouth its niggger this, spic that. Whatever you want to believe, but you're refusing to understand that a lot of people are just pieces of sht. Everytime you use the word the Left and make it a point to capitalize it you're essentially labeling all good people who think liberally as murderers. Should I make a video of my friend being racist while talking about Trump then post that video on YouTube for ATS to see just so I can label you a racist?

Sorry, but I won't do that. My friend is a racist and lots of other people are too. Come on guy. Give it a rest and join the rest of us sane folks in the middle who are tired of loud mouthed idiots being heard and bowed to.

Why do you expect respect from those who think opposite of you when you generalize every single one of them as murderers? That's laughable. Personally, I know a lot of liberals who have earned more and done more for the world than everyone on this board combined so what have you done to earn their respect except label them as bad people? Unless you think you deserve to be handed something..., but that would make you the person you're insulting.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Floydshayvious
Why do you think people are going to roll over and go back to the dark ages because Trump supporters can't handle the complexity of the modern world?

Lets see if I can help you with that. What makes YOU think that people are going to let a few, violent, criminals change the course of America to favor the small minority over the majority of those who support values, morals and America first? Only those who dislike America would wish to "fundamentally change" America.

Don't believe me? Ask your wife or girlfriend if she minds being fundamentally changed...because you love her...just the way she is. Then...after your wounds heal message me back.

PS: Adding a picture would be oh so perfect!

edit on 11/11/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

What is a liberal? why is a generalized thing that if you vote for one party you are a conservative and if you vote for the other party a liberal.

I hold no party affiliations and have always vote for candidates and what I see as fair.

So what I am.

I hate tags that serve no purpose but division.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
@BrokedownChevy

First of all...you are correct. There are many, many bad people out there and I would even go as far as saying most are bad...depending upon your definition of bad. But lets leave that where it is.

Unless you wish to require everyone to start saying "Some of these liberals..." every time they type (which won't happen) you're going to have to learn to deal with generalizations. No one means that and you know it. You are well aware from the balance of the text that they are speaking only of those doing the acts. "Blacks have to stop rioting", "Gays need to stop demanding special rights", "The rich need to fork over more money". It is simply how we all speak (and type).

So...either I'm a freakin' genius or you and everyone else knows that generalizations are how we speak and we never mean everyone.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
@marg6043

Personally...and seriously. I stopped using "Democrats" for that exact reason. I chose "Liberal" because it seemed to fit better and more accurately. I'm not going to string together "Democrat/Liberal/Progressive/Left/Left Leaning" and get to the joke of LGBT. Ain't doing it. So unless you can give me a good reason...the people we are talking about will have to deal with my "Liberal" tag.

But...honestly...I'm open to a correction if you have one.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Is nothing to correct, tagging seems a common thing in this days.

I never truly understood the science, purpose, reason, for that.

And no that I care to tell the truth.

edit on 11-11-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Metallicus

If there is to be a civil war, I see exactly how it will start and as per usual, not a rich bureaucrats hand will see blood. It's even right in my back yard.

Libs don't own as many guns or even know how to USE them. if there were a 'Civil' war, it would end quick. lol.. Libs would be crying their cell service is bad in such and such an area in the battle...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: marg6043

Sugar coat it anyway you want, having sex with your intern isn't an impeachable offense! High crimes and misdemeanors are. Perjury and obstruction are.

Really?

Really?

Do you know that Bill Clinton was Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces?

Do you know that?

Do you know that the military still prosecutes soldiers for adultery?

Do you know that some states still have laws on the books making adultery illegal?

Do you know what adultery is?

Did Bill Clinton commit adultery with Monica Lewinsky?

High crimes and misdemeanors are impeachable offenses???? You do know adultery is illegal in 21 states?

Adultery isn't just a crime in the eyes of your spouse. In 21 states, cheating in a marriage is against the law, punishable by a fine or even jail time.

www.freep.com...

Two sets of rules and laws.... one for them, one for the rest of us wee folks.

Would you like to revise your statement that having sex with your intern is not an impeachable offense?
edit on R502016-11-11T13:50:59-06:00k5011Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I'm not going to totally agree with you but I will agree this far. Bill Clinton was the President of the United States for which he was paid a salary just like any other employee of any other company. Any employee engaging in sex...adultery or not...on the clock should be fired. The only method of firing a President begins with impeachment. That doesn't even include the position (no pun) of having her know about the sex (obviously) and anyone else finding out that could use that information to blackmail him. Considering his bad sense of judgement (and timing) he would likely bow to the blackmailer's wishes and do something defined as criminal or corrupt. So if the sex wasn't illegal, the risk to national security was.

So there you have it.

PS: And...a boss having relations with a sub-ornate is never right. It too easily can be abused by the boss.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You didn't see the Right march the streets defacing public property and chanting vulgarities when Obama won. In fact, I don't recall there being a street protest by the Right at all when Obama won office. We grinned and beared it and said we'll get you next time.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Treasonous

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Floydshayvious

You just won the most idiotic reply award.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
What is a liberal?

They way I see it, "liberals" are people who think that people are basically good but uninformed or put in a position where they have to do bad things. People hate other people because they just don't know those other people well enough. People steal because the system makes it a better option.

"Conservatives" think that people are basically bad, and the only way to keep them pulling in the same direction for the greater good of society or the country is to clamp down on them with simple laws (created by "God," but not necessarily). People hate each other because they're low-lifes -- including some people in your own family. People steal because they're selfish and opportunistic.

I vacillate back and forth. I think it's foolish to think of people being all one way or another, certainly when presented with different situations. I also think it's inaccurate to judge individual people according to the groups they're in, unless they prove that they're acting in a stereotypical negative way that is known for that group.

I've said before, paraphrasing Martin Luther King: "I don't hate anyone because of the color of their skin, but because of the content of their character."

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I didn't like Obama, but I never beat anyone up or called for him to be killed.

You didn't but others did. Wasn't there even a person or two taken into custody over threats.

But I agree it's wrong. Politics has gone back and forth decades. Trump will face the same criticism others have based on his performance. I really believe there are going to be some hearts broken based on unfilled promises.

There were many "I will", "I am" thrown around. I suspect many don't understand much of what get said doesn't ever happen.

From what I've heard people saying, they believe it is all going to happen.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Is nothing to correct, tagging seems a common thing in this days.

I never truly understood the science, purpose, reason, for that.

And no that I care to tell the truth.

Sorry to say...it isn't just today. It is how humans are built, mind and body. Our brain as with most animals see a situation and dissect it in an instant. Familiar things are compared to prior experiences...unfamiliar things are dissected further to scan for dangerous things (a gun for example). The brain categorizes and files these things and measures them against future experiences and hence...you end up with a single person's experience that "gray people talk loudly". Then...you see a gray person and assume they talk loudly. You may never hear them speak in passing and therefore the experience never changes. If you do hear them speak and they are loud...experience continues. If they speak softly, that is calculated into percentages.

Therefore...if an individual's experiences with gray people is that the vast majority speak loudly...they are correct. It works.

Short story...my Uncle who wouldn't hurt a fly and liked everyone (rest is soul) told me one time that he was never prejudice and grew up in an environment where everyone was treated equally. Then one day when he was young riding the bus, a black kid popped his balloon and his black friends laughed. From that day forward, he was weary of black kids and began to notice that most black people (from his experience) were not as nice to him as white people. He was never racist...but was weary of black people.

So...whose fault is that? His for the experiences that formed his life...or that one black kid that popped his balloon?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I didn't like Obama, but I never beat anyone up or called for him to be killed.

You didn't but others did. Wasn't there even a person or two taken into custody over threats.

But I agree it's wrong. Politics has gone back and forth decades. Trump will face the same criticism others have based on his performance. I really believe there are going to be some hearts broken based on unfilled promises.

There were many "I will", "I am" thrown around. I suspect many don't understand much of what get said doesn't ever happen.

From what I've heard people saying, they believe it is all going to happen.

Of course you are correct. But with Obama...using your example...it was the fringe, the nuts, the real racists and a very, very, very...very small part of the population. They weren't on the street protesting, rioting, destroying police cars, vandalizing the community, getting an awesome new flatscreen, etc. They weren't marching calling "White Lives Matter" either.

Sorry but...big difference. In my opinion.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

What is a liberal?

They way I see it, "liberals" are people who think that people are basically good but uninformed or put in a position where they have to do bad things. People hate other people because they just don't know those other people well enough. People steal because the system makes it a better option.

"Conservatives" think that people are basically bad, and the only way to keep them pulling in the same direction for the greater good of society or the country is to clamp down on them with simple laws (created by "God," but not necessarily). People hate each other because they're low-lifes -- including some people in your own family. People steal because they're selfish and opportunistic.

I vacillate back and forth. I think it's foolish to think of people being all one way or another, certainly when presented with different situations. I also think it's inaccurate to judge individual people according to the groups they're in, unless they prove that they're acting in a stereotypical negative way that is known for that group.

I've said before, paraphrasing Martin Luther King: "I don't hate anyone because of the color of their skin, but because of the content of their character."

You are walking down the city street alone at night. Two dogs are walking toward you. A Pitbull and a Collie. Even if you have no experience and as nice as most Pitbulls can be...you have heard other's comments. The Pitbull is on the left and the Collie is on the right. Which side of the street do you walk?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Rather than repeat myself I'll give you a link for further reading. I write about the degradation of society and how the liberal agenda is largely an illusion here...

You Got Your Eight - You Took The Bait - The Far Left Lost - It Feels Great

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Treasonous

Dude! Do you know who you are addressing? TREASONOUS??? You have to point to the statement

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
You are walking down the city street alone at night. Two dogs are walking toward you. A Pitbull and a Collie. Even if you have no experience and as nice as most Pitbulls can be...you have heard other's comments. The Pitbull is on the left and the Collie is on the right. Which side of the street do you walk?

I don't walk on hypothetical streets.

What I generally do when I walk on real streets is try to gauge the behavior of an individual dog, and if I can't read anything, I try to keep my distance. Doesn't matter what kind of dog it is. Because the number one dog responsible for injuring humans is... you guessed it... Cocker Spaniel.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join