It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

I Didn't Realize How Bad It Was

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Is this what political discourse has sunk to in this country? Really?

The morning after the election - bright and early - a rather large man got on an elevator with me - turned to me as soon as the doors closed and said:

I hear a lot of liberals are planning on leaving the country. I think you should. I think you all should go

I guess I look a little bit lefty?

This thread is interesting to me - what you all are saying. And how you're saying it

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Remember a few years ago when some satirist cartoonist in the Netherlands drew a cartoon depicting Mohammud(sp?) in an unflattering light and the protest riots in the Islamic states killed dozens of their own people?

Stupidity in action: our deity has been insulted so let's kill each other rioting. Extend the thought to property damage and rioting in the streets

Is this what being a "SJW" is all about? Is this "politically correct"?
What it is is STUPID!

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Every election the losing side is always leaving the country, is soo funny.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

You got that right. Nobody who in any way supported the moronic behavior of the modern US conservative movement over the last 8 years has any room at all to whine now about how "the other side" is behaving now. Not a bit. Sorry. If you (generic "you") supported any of the BS nonsense directed at Obama to any degree - note I am not talking here about actual opposition to something Obama actually did - you have no room to whine now.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It's entitled, intolerant protests like this that have millions of Americans, like myself, who have previously identified as moderate liberals, fleeing the Democratic party.

Liberal Fascism.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Clinton was impeached because he lie about his sexual miss conduct and affair with Monica Lewinsky.

Sugar coated bile is still a bitter pill.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Metallicus

Really? Because I never saw any support for Obama at all from the conservative camp so don't be angry the rest of us aren't rolling over and letting a sexual predator con man as our president.

But there wasn't rioting in the streets.

Look, i think im fairly well established as a non-partisan. So from this non-partisans perspective....this is atrocious. When Obama won, his detractors were not happy (i was among them). But he received enough support that he was able to operate to a very extended degree (Obamacare is proof of this).

There was not rioting in the streets. There was not outbreaks of violence. Was there hyperbole (i.e., words?) Yeah, but no action.

What you have done is a false equivalency.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I guess you missed my point

I also am seeing that that is the point of this thread

Seems like a lot of hand-wringing, posturing and over compensating going on in here

Congratulations - you won!

But, yeah - the liberals gonna getcha now! Better get your guns - and stick to them too

Meanwhile - across the country - reports of harassment against all kinds of people increasing...probably just the evil MSM though, right?

Because that stuff is definitely not true

edit on 11/11/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
On the news this morning (in Portland) they were interviewing a business owner who had his business trashed and looted. He said, "I was a Hillary supporter, why did they do this?"

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

No, sugar coating facts is what many like to do, still the violence in the streets when a president is elected is un-American.

This trend if left without control will lead to more violence in the streets with any incoming president if the loser side disagree with their candidate losing.

It has to stop and those behind the financing of this chaos to undermine the Democratic system in this nation needs to be prosecuted and put in jail.

What is going on is not An American way of doing thing, peaceful is acceptable, violence is against the law.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sad, but when the violence is a pay by infiltrators they do not give two rat ass who gets hurt in the process of destruction and mayhem.

This no long about protesting a lost, this about destroying the democratic process in the nation.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Really? Because I never saw any support for Obama at all from the conservative camp so don't be angry the rest of us aren't rolling over and letting a sexual predator con man as our president.

But you wouldn't have had any qualms in voting for a sexual predator female criminal, would you? Her husband said she had had more sexual partners than he ever did

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Don't worry Marge - new jails in the works

Your unbiased right leaning media, and all of your finger pointing will ensure that you are safe

If this thread is any indication of how things are really going to go, we'll all be safer than safe soon enough
edit on 11/11/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

You can come hang out in the desert with a gorilla and his fam.
We like the lefty's just as much as the righty's....when they behave.

Something I have noted for years, usually in relation to the middle east, is that people with jobs have 2 things: hope and something to do with their time. Take away their jobs, and they are reduced to beggars, with a hand always thrust in their governments pocket. That is no state for a human to be in, drifting without purpose. And this isnt some belief that industrious humans are happy humans. But humans who are busy chasing down their own goal, creating their own futures....that is where the hope part comes in.

People who have time to riot...do they not have jobs? Or are they missing hope and something better to do with their time?

Really, the issue at hand is 2 different sets of goals between urban and rural dwellers. In the below map, you see grey and blue counties. Half of our population lives in each, showing the deep, marked divide between city and country folk.

Consequently, it pretty much sums up how the electoral votes went, save for maybe N. Mex.

How do we reconcile this? Its 2 nations in one. IL and NY deal with this, as does CA. The heavily urbanized areas create state laws that step on the lives of people outside those urban areas. On a national level...D or R represents this dynamic. I've said on ATS for a few years now that the coming civil war will be urban vs rural in nature.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Not to add much on it, but there were calls for Obama
to be killed by many MANY groups.
If you don't remember that I can't help you.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I now have to admit that I was completely wrong. I always assumed we were talking with intellectual opponents people that really meant what they said...they loved America and Democracy...we had different ideas how to make America great, but we respected the process. Now I see now I was wrong.

You see, in the past when people lost elections they simply rolled up their sleeves and tried to find a better way forward. That way didn't include beating up an old man at the polls, beating down a high school sophomore for her social media post or tearing up buildings and neighborhoods in what can only be called domestic terrorism.

We shook hands with our opponent and said...we will get you next time.

What is going on now is...unnerving. It is surreal.

Now I wonder how bad it would have been had Clinton actually won. I suppose I was naive because look at the establishment Republicans, Democrats and Media all colluding to make sure someone other than their 'chosen one' wouldn't win.

Now I see it...we are fighting pure evil, fascists on the left, but when even JOURNALISTS call for Presidents to be assassinated I have to wonder can I ever have respect for my opponents again? They surely don't respect me.

I am sad that it has come to this...we are ALL in danger people. The Left has gone off the rails with their identity politics, disrespectful name calling and violence.

Sad.

See even if Hillary wasn't evil, I still had to vote against my party. I'm pretty far to the left sort of hippie kind of upbringing.. But when I see the rise of the exact same kind of movement as Nazis.. They think it's ok to control other peoples thoughts. What?! Gawd we've been fighting this entire time in America to get to have our own thoughts.. Did they freaking miss the memo?

it's scary to watch, and look where I am from it's 75% votes for Hillary in my county and I imagine it's more like 80% for my town.. That's not an exaggeration those are the actual numbers. Anyway someone like me would have to be on that side.. So what would it take for me to favor Trump of all people.. ? ? ?

IT would take a whole heck of a lot of evil.

I watch all these kids spouting off random stupidities, and when I ask them why they think that it just is. well, why do you think that? Why do you think there are 17 genders? Do you know the definition of gender? That's stupid, but even that I am starting to view as dangerous..

People are being sold the most ridiculous things so now I know brainwashing works better than I ever imagined. I knew it did because in the schools here and I don't mean college, the anti gun stuff worked on everybody.. And here is how you do it. You make class discussions with the obvious bias, and test questions like "why do you think it's wrong for there to be so many guns out there? And then you have to answer with your own thoughts "it's bad because..."

See I had to bs through school, but even though I was just making up answers I knew where what they wanted to hear, It still got me, because those words came through my hands and through my mouth and in my thoughts, it became a part of what I believed.

So now we have hitlers youth being sicked liked wild dogs on the population.

Social justice lynch mobs.
where is the society OR justice in that?

it's NOT ok to bully people.
it's just not.

I don't care who the ef you are, and I'm still a democrat but I'll have to vote against my people again and again until you freaking get the message. WE are supposed to be the GOOD guys who stand UP for people.. You just forgot we are all people. morons.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I appreciate your generous offer Tex - but standing my ground here :-)

I have conservative family and friends - that I love - no matter what. Behaving is in the eye of the beholder

I agree with what you're saying - mostly and kinda :-)

There's more to it than that though, and I think if we're going to start being honest with each other we should start with the fact that there has been an awful lot of hate directed in both directions. If the left can acknowledge this - why can't the right?

Origins? Unemployment is a catalyst - not a cause

Talk to me again 2 years in. I'm in watch and wait mode now...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagicCow

Not to add much on it, but there were calls for Obama
to be killed by many MANY groups.
If you don't remember that I can't help you.

I don't want to hear any more excuses.
lets stop moving backward. just go forward.

don't tell me it's ok.

I'm one of those people who tried to get people to stop wishing cheney had a heart attack and stop wanting Hillary to be shot.. Same on Obama.

I kind of always support what is right and just.

So no more excuses we don't need that.

we are all on the same side of we don't kill or threaten to kill others.

end of story.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

No you are soo wrong about me, I am shaking my head, just because I point to the flaws and dangers that are now plaguing our nation doesn't make me leaning to one side or the other, hell I voted for Bill on the first term, you know me very well, the way I post, I trash either political side regardless, I will be sulking at home peacefully because I didn't like Hillary if she won due to her scandals and her trail of crap, but I will never be out side causing destruction to others that is not the way to do things in America.

Trump won the elections and that is that, people needs to get over it and go on with life.

Thinking that he will do this and that is just wrong, he can improve things that need to be improved and that is that. I know how politics work in this nation and one thing is to talk about what a candidate will do and the other is the hard reality of what they really can do, remember Obama and his hope and change and I actually voted for that, look what he gave us a crappy health care reform that actually was not even the original bill he was in hopes for but guess what he didn't even fight for it

I follow politics very well, I get the information on everything around and I can smell crap for what it is.

Trump is the president right now and like I say that is that.

edit on 11-11-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
If the left can acknowledge this - why can't the right?

No one admits anything. They just want to settle the score. Toxic, i tell ya.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join