It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

I Didn't Realize How Bad It Was

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: idiedinatimemachine

I am not defending the liberals either though.. I'm not a liberal myself but I am just saying what I am seeing. I think the protestors that are causing damage to things and attacking people are idiots and are doing nothing good to their cause.. but don't act like all trump supporters are gods angels.

My questions is who may the call? These people who are removing their masks and are now showing themselves for the a-holes they are, who gave them the green flag, and told them it is okay to go on a Purge.

I am not just talking about the protestors that are trying to enact a coup, because they don't like who the majority has selected as President. I am also talking about those that think they can treat people that don't know, anyway they wish, because they happen to dislike the color that person happened to be born with.

We have some huge problems in America. We don't have time for this BS. We either work together to fix this mess or we drown together. I don't care if our President is Mickey Mouse, we are better off working with enemy mine, then laying down for the slaughter.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It seems most Trump supporters were more driven by upending the corrupt establishment. Had HC won, the effort by Trump supporters would have been placed on exposing and unraveling the garbage that has existed for so long and had managed to speak out another win. I may be wrong, but I don't think violence stemming from hatred or calls for assasination would have ever been a consideration since that is the very garbage that is needing to be removed. An armed organized movement to retake America? Perhaps,though I don't agree with any violence ever. But this present situation is the very example of what the problem is.

And I do believe the media is largely to blame - which was part of the problem during the election. They keep prodding the people they've kept in submission for so long....like training pit bulls to fight etc.

EDIT: and also this notion of telling the electoral college it's okay to change your vote because they will pay the fine??? Come on. I guess they learned well from watching their mentors pay off people for their own agenda.
edit on 12-11-2016 by kuga1123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kuga1123
It seems most Trump supporters were more driven by upending the corrupt establishment. Had HC won, the effort by Trump supporters would have been placed on exposing and unraveling the garbage that has existed for so long and had managed to speak out another win. I may be wrong, but I don't think violence stemming from hatred or calls for assasination would have ever been a consideration since that is the very garbage that is needing to be removed. An armed organized movement to retake America? Perhaps,though I don't agree with any violence ever. But this present situation is the very example of what the problem is.

And I do believe the media is largely to blame - which was part of the problem during the election. They keep prodding the people they've kept in submission for so long....like training pit bulls to fight etc.

EDIT: and also this notion of telling the electoral college it's okay to change your vote because they will pay the fine??? Come on. I guess they learned well from watching their mentors pay off people for their own agenda.

From the movie "The Running Man".

By 2017, the world economy has collapsed, and food, oil, and other natural resources are all in short supply. Unable to meet the needs of the general public, the U.S. government has likewise collapsed and given way to an iron-fisted police state divided into paramilitary zones. The media is controlled by the state, and all forms of communication are subject to rigid censorship. Despite the jack-booted, no-tolerance suppression of dissent, a resistance movement continues to survive underground.

Sound familiar?

edit on 12-11-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Bad format.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You do realize that if the result was opposite and Clinton won we would be seeing the same protests and crybaby antics. The election was so divisive it was practically inevitable.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: marg6043

Just imagine how bad it would have been if Hillary had won!

That really is the epiphany here...imagine if these people were in power and weren't getting their way? It wouldn't occur to me to harm my political opponents...argue YES, but damn...these people are bloodthirsty, raving loons.

We encountered that type of people in the past in the UK. They were called Militant Labour in the 1980's. Their solution to any form of criticism was to shout them down, use the various magic words to stop all discussion, dig up peoples past and expose it in public. Some city councils and health boards still do this.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Sometimes it's nice to live in ignorant bliss, but not when it comes to our government. We need to watch them just as intently as they surely watch us.

Glad you were finally able to see behind the veil.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Actually, he didn't reverse himself on anything, the things he said about Obamacare, and what parts to keep, he's said before. It was no surprise.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

...the collective hissy fit happening now is not worrying. It's actually pathetic.

Oh, how you do carry on...like you got talking room

Well then - no harm no foul - right UKTruth?

Let us get on with our pathetic nonsense while the best laid plans of mice and men and infiltrators will likely go awry

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

These people have been hiding behind their masks all along, and were just waiting for an excuse to Purge. They are purely opportunist and using the election as an excuse.

Well, duh :-)

What part of this are you not getting exactly?
edit on 11/12/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: adding a smiley, because that was supposed to be friendlier than it sounded

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

...the collective hissy fit happening now is not worrying. It's actually pathetic.

Let us get on with our pathetic nonsense while the best laid plans of mice and men and infiltrators will likely go awry

Not a talking room, just a thread. That's how it works.

As to the rest, I know not what you are talking about.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Not a talking room, just a thread. That's how it works.

As to the rest, I know not what you are talking about.

Pssst! Hey...UK. He seems to think is words are profound and meaningful. Don't bother him...it might make him cry.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Swills

You mean Bill Clinton? he was impeached for sexual miss conduct, if you think Trump is a sexual predator prove it.

house impeached...senate refused to comply... not real impeachment, just a job half done...like most everything congress touched

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

....urban areas have vastly higher crime densities than rural areas.

I used to live in a very rural area. We had crime. Even violent crime. There would obviously be more in a densely populated area. How should we handle similar crimes differently in different areas? I'm asking

Another is values. The culture out here in the country is greatly different than the city, with another major point of divergence being faith.

So, are you making a case for Sharia law? Different beliefs require different kinds of legislation? There aren't atheists in rural areas? No devoutly religious people living right down the street from me here in the city - in more than one house even? Brooklyn, Boston - Philly - godless heathens?

Tex - you see us citified folk as godless, communist, pajama wearing nut jobs - don't you? C'mon - be honest :-)

The desires of the people living in the cities seem to run directly counter to those of people living out of the cities.

How should our individual desires decide how we treat people? Even if we factor in majorities, there are people in rural areas that will want birth control, access to safe abortions, freedom from religion making laws. Rural America isn't all one thing. And, neither are cities. People in cities have guns - and believe in the 2nd Amendment. You'll just have to trust me on that one :-)

I understand what you're saying about the minimum wage, but that's not based on desire, belief or politics - it's based on economics. I can see regional differences being factored in to something like this

You might think me an apologist for the Federal government. I think (especially now) that you should be as worried about what's just happened as anyone. Even if you're living in a shed on a salt flat in the middle of nowhere...

States rights, our Federal government (as we know it) all of it in a precarious position. Yeah - I know. This is ATS - I'm probably hysterical. Maybe the sky isn't really falling

But, we are at each others throats. That is not my imagination. I'm not sure how rural laws surrounding islands of urban laws is going to fix anything. Call me sentimental - but that ain't America

edit on 11/12/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Ha. All too real.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Pssst! Hey...UK. He seems to think is words are profound and meaningful. Don't bother him...it might make him cry.

It's she. I do think words are profound - and meaningful

So does UK. We at least have that much in common :-)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I live in a rural area. The town is about 30k people. We live 5 hours from the nearest metro center. We may get a murder every couple of years (save for a drug war that happened a few years ago). Our violent crime is so low that people generally leave their doors unlocked more often than not. I leave my keys in my truck when I park it. Ill even leave money sitting out in plain sight and have never had it stolen. I know people will do these things because it happens to other people from time to time. But in our town the only theives tend to be outsiders.

So while there may be violent crime in rural america, its frequency is such that no one worries about it hardly. Not to metion how many of us are armed in case there ever is.

I am not making a case for Sharia Law
I am making a case for consideration. Every time you read about Christmas being under attack in schools (an annual clickbait nowadays), moms across the bible belt clutch their nativity scenes. I make no mention of legislation of values. Only acknowledging the different cultures. Since I am not Christian, I won't soon be campaigning on their behalf. But I am considerate of my neighbors.

My work has me spend quite a bit of time in downtown metropolitan areas. Im quite familiar with the culture seen in metro-america. I can tell you that there are enormous differences. I just don't want to hve to start listing examples unless needed (missing the A key on this keyboard and its a pain to type on). I don't see big cities as anything other than different. Different culture, different values. I know im not imagining it because people from larger cities make fun of us "backwoods yokels" and "rednecks" (names I was called this last week by someone from Dallas).

when you ask:

How should our individual desires decide how we treat people? Even if we factor in majorities, there are people in rural areas that will want birth control, access to safe abortions, freedom from religion making laws.

I think you are misunderstanding me....but in rural America birth control is among the least of someones worries. In most rural places I've been and know, it'd be more well recieved if some jobs moved into the area. The manufacturing that moved to China and Mexico. It'd be great to have those jobs back. Small machine shops and fabrication were a middle class staple at one point in the past. Now those buildings are empty, crumbling, and hopeless.

When you live in Andrews, TX there isn't much hope. Unless you move to a city. Our lifestyle is dying, and we don't want that.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This threat needs to be snuffed out in its infancy.. before it spreads. Send in the special forces and silence the most obnoxious of social justice warriors and see if the rest of them won't get in line.

We need a modern day inquisition to root out our enemies before they destroy us all. We can't have these maniacs with their finger on the button.

I won't stand for the type of tyranny and fascism they represent.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kuga1123

I don't believe the msm. Believe me.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well - I'm too heart broke and exhausted to drag this out myself - or ask you to spell everything out for me. So, let's just leave it for tonight at: I get what you're saying - but I'm not sure how you want all that to work

I'm going to have to say again ( but in a different way) we are one country - one people. Yeah - I am just that starry eyed. And thick. In spite of everything

We live in a country that soon will have a GOP POTUS, right leaning SCOTUS, House, Senate - and the FBI seems to have made it's preferences known too. We'll see what Donny does to the DOJ. The CIA? Who knows where the military fits into all this

Everyone seems to think people are only angry that Ms. Clinton lost

It ain't over til it's over Tex - but, looks like it might be almost over

I appreciate how much you just wrote - considering your letter A situation :-)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Actually, he didn't reverse himself on anything, the things he said about Obamacare, and what parts to keep, he's said before. It was no surprise.

Can you direct us to where we might find Trump's reassuring words, promising that he'll keep those 2 parts, pre-existing condition and adult children remaining on the policy, of the ACA?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join