It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

I Didn't Realize How Bad It Was

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Metallicus

....To Protect the Country From Enemies Foreign and Domestic . That Oath will be Tested in the not to Distant Future for Law Enforcement .

here we go....first convince trump supporters that all liberals are their "enemies"...that way you separate "them" vs. "us"....it makes it easier for the government to imprison liberals, so that people on your side will have a clear conscience. it's all in Mein Kampf and it's been translated into English. it's the bible for dictators

Looks like the left to me that are out rioting and beating up Trump supporters.
You should divert your angst there.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Day 1 In Trump's America

Everything is for a reason. Violence is the wrong approach - wouldn't you agree?

Violent acts of racism and homophobia have occurred across the streets and classrooms following election

In numerous tweets, videos and screenshots of messages and Facebook posts, many are telling the tale of chilling, disturbing instances of pointed violence based off the President-elect's promises to build a wall between the United States and Mexico and ban Muslims from entering the country. As the Twitter Moment shows, many of these incidents can be explicitly tied back to the election, with those committing the acts writing or yelling some variant of "Trump

Hopefully this sort of thing dies down. But, since some only want to see one side of this - I have my doubts

edit on 11/12/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: words...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Day 1 In Trump's America

Everything is for a reason. Violence is never justified - wouldn't you agree?

Violent acts of racism and homophobia have occurred across the streets and classrooms following election

In numerous tweets, videos and screenshots of messages and Facebook posts, many are telling the tale of chilling, disturbing instances of pointed violence based off the President-elect's promises to build a wall between the United States and Mexico and ban Muslims from entering the country. As the Twitter Moment shows, many of these incidents can be explicitly tied back to the election, with those committing the acts writing or yelling some variant of "Trump

Hopefully this sort of thing dies down. But, since some only want to see one side of this - I have my doubts

Even more reports of violence against Trump supporters - funnily enough you don't see them reported.
CNN caught interviewing their own cameraman posing as a Trump protester.
It's funny how reports of 1,000s of death threats against both Trump and Pence are not hitting the headlines...

Wake up.

The left are utterly embarrassing themselves.

Here is an act of bravery in the face of a purely hate filled mob of degenerates.
This man is spot on.

edit on 12/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Here is an act of bravery in the face of a purely hate filled mob of degenerates. This man is spot on.

Brave? Hate filled mob of degenerates?

Wow - you really are worried

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Here is an act of bravery in the face of a purely hate filled mob of degenerates. This man is spot on.

Brave? Hate filled mob of degenerates?

Wow - you really are worried

Worried about what? I am more optimistic than ever after the election.
...and yes incredibly brave for one man to give a mob a dose of reality.

The vast majority of problems right now are (and have been) caused by the left, but the collective hissy fit happening now is not worrying. It's actually pathetic.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Day 1 In Trump's America

Everything is for a reason. Violence is the wrong approach - wouldn't you agree?

As the Twitter Moment shows, many of these incidents can be explicitly tied back to the election, with those committing the acts writing or yelling some variant of "Trum

This is complete and utter BS. Trump winning the election didn't make these people jackasses and A-holes. These people have been hiding behind their masks all along, and were just waiting for an excuse to Purge. They are purely opportunist and using the election as an excuse.
edit on 12-11-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Bad format.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
As the"Protests"turn into riots the national Guard will need to be activated to make the cities streets safe again.The outcome is inevitable.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
As the"Protests"turn into riots the national Guard will need to be activated to make the cities streets safe again.The outcome is inevitable.

Are the people crying to the government to rescue them yet?

It is just a matter of time before the law abiding, peaceful people call for the government to come in and clean the refuse from the streets, so they can go to work and go shopping without having to deal with the inconveniences, and the riff-raft.

The Calvary is just over the ridge waiting to come to the rescue. The National Guard, UN Forces, and police in SWAT gear are waiting to protect us from ourselves. Martial Law is for our own protection.

Of course they will say they are just giving us what we asked for.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Day 1 In Trump's America

As the Twitter Moment shows, many of these incidents can be explicitly tied back to the election, with those committing the acts writing or yelling some variant of "Trum

This is complete and utter BS. Trump winning the election didn't make these people jackasses and A-holes. These people have been hiding behind their masks all along, and were just waiting for an excuse to Purge. They are purely opportunist and using the election as an excuse.

It's even more blatant than that - they have NOT been hiding. They were violent and hateful during the process and before Trump even began his run. I said before, it's rather suspicious that BLM have gone quiet. This is because it's the same people! They are now paid to be out against Trump.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I gotta say, I did see this coming with a Trump win. It only strengthens our resolve. We made the right choice.

We have exposed the true violent threat within society. Guess what, we were never the extremists.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

originally posted by: JustinT

originally posted by: ozb1777
The whole thing illustrates how pathetic America has become ,a bunch of brainwashed [by the media ,Hollywood ,Disney ,the BS in Universities ,etc] whiny ,spoilt ,lazy ,me me me i, i ,i self obsessed brats ,tantrum throwing little hypocrites and their pathetic little ''Causes '' they fight for, the LGBT Community,the Muslims ,Mexican [here illegally ,do the know the definition of the word illegal ? if you tore the page out of the dictionary and stuffed it down their throat they still wouldnt want to know ,just throw another tantrum] Pro abortion ,anti gun where does it end ,Anti everything !!!!!!!! ? .Make more threats, break some shop windows ,burn a car .If Clinton was President im sure the [''EVIL'' ] Conservatives would not have been happy, BUT not resorted to this childish carry on and ''NOT MY PRESIDENT '' are these people adults ? NO ! just the spoilt brat generation ,masquerading as ADULTS .But now the Bolsheviks are threatening to kill the ''Evil'' Royal family ,Lefties never change ,they are all about one thing, Destroying Society, and they Revel in it !

If only millennials voted Hillary would have won every single state. The country is becoming more liberal. The GOP can either evolve or in the future they will never win. This election was an exception because it was so bizarre. Hillary vs Ted Cruz would have been an easy win for Hillary. Trump's strategy was new to politics. He figured out how to use the media to his advantage, along with divisive rhetoric. Hopefully we never see that again. Conservatives are dying out and old. They would not protest. Liberals were quiet because they thought Hillary was going to win easily. Once Trump won, it became real. Now they want to make sure he doesn't implement his campaign promises.

Do you honestly think all millenials are Liberal?

You're truly mistaken. Trump won, and I know a lot of millenials that voted for him. I work with a lot of young people.

You say the GOP needs to change, when they just won all three branches?

I think you are confusing Trump for GOP. He reversed himself last night on Obamacare and his chief financial advisor has told D.C. GOP they plan on spending big and not worrying about debt.

What makes him GOP?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Here in the south is not problem we are all enjoying our lives as usual and having coffee and political talks in our local Starbucks.

Life is good.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Lets take crime as an example....

....urban areas have vastly higher crime densities than rural areas. So the issues that impact the day to day lives of rural and urban areas immediately begin to diverge at this point. And its a major point, because "gun control" is a major point of contention between the 2 parties.

Another is values. The culture out here in the country is greatly different than the city, with another major point of divergence being faith.

Our country was designed to address these issues by putting local and state governments in place to handle the administration of civil law.

And its not that we need to 2 consitutions....but something does need to happen. The desires of the people living in the cities seem to run directly counter to those of people living out of the cities. The election and its deep divisiveness proves this out. We don't want a large government. Unfortunately, this fact has been so ignored for so long that the conservatives gave up on their party, and nominated Trump.

For the past 8 years the needs of rural Americans have been shuffled to the rear. The $15/hr minimum wage that has been batted around is just flat out ludicrous to anyone not living in an urban center with a high cost of living. I posted elsewhere my feelings on this....but long story short, a huge lift in minimum wage would close every single mom and pop store in my town. Our small towns have had their asses kicked for the last 30 years, and I just don't want to see it continue to crumble.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Your points are very well taken. I think a whole lot more of listening needs to happen than shouting, and yours is a very reasoned and reasonable response to the outsized anger and vitriol that has been enflamed.

I am curious to see if you have a solution in mind? If gun violence is a problem in cities, not the country, disproportionately, what can we do to help prevent gun violence in densely populated areas?

I think, personally, that you are wise to look at Regional Economy as differentiated from National Economy, or even State Economy. It makes more sense to determine what a "living wage" is in more local areas, and ask that businesses step up to provide that for their employees, not on a National Standard, but on one that matches the local economy. New Yorkers need $15/hour to barely scrape by, whereas someone in rural Oklahoma needs far less. Agreed!

I do think that its ridiculous for people working 40+ hours per week to need food stamps and entitlement programs on top of that. And I do think healthcare has not been "fixed" with the ACA, but that it took a lurch forward into a more humane direction. I would like to see it made truly affordable for everyone, and that having a health problem didn't mean having to sell everything you own, or going without food or heat to pay for your insurance bill...

As to the protestors, fear and anger beget fear and anger...for every action a reaction, and I worry about the reaction to the protests themselves if people don't find a leader to focus their emotions and pull them into positive, productive action and reduce the level of fear...

edit on 12-11-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Both sides have horrible people in them, both the left and right.

But these protests and riots and violence are far worse than what we saw when Obama was elected.

Where was the tea party smashing public property? Where are the videos of angry whites dragging blacks out of a car and beating them because they voted for Obama? Where were the highschools walking out in protest over Obama presedncy? Where were the mass protests for days on ends in all of the cities we are seeing today? Where were people shot at tea party rallies?

But people on this thread will post things showing how bad racism and homophobia has gotten from white Trump supporters. While these incidents may be horrible, they pale in scale and magnitude of the actual violence we are seeing on the left.

You point out how bad it is a few highschool kids chanted build that wall? I can show you countless state and school sponsored curriculum that teach how evil whiteness is. Where were you people shouting down this institutionally sanctioned racism?

Lets not act like these "protests" aren't going to keep going to. More people will get hurt, more property will get destroyed, and people on the left will continue to poo poo it as the ssame as Republicans did when Obama got elected. You may think its clever to conflate the two, but this is the same mentality that caused the democrats to lose, and this behavior and the tacit approval of it will cause them to lose even more support among average people.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Your points are very well taken. I think a whole lot more of listening needs to happen than shouting, and yours is a very reasoned and reasonable response to the outsized anger and vitriol that has been enflamed.

I am curious to see if you have a solution in mind? If gun violence is a problem in cities, not the country, disproportionately, what can we do to help prevent gun violence in densely populated areas?

This will sound callous....but its not our problem. So there doesn't need to be federal laws dealing with it. Its not a problem that effects America. It only effects cities within America, so seems to be a problem for the cities to deal with. In ancient times they had city gates where people checked their swords, bows, and quivers. So its not like this is a new idea, and its not like cities haven't had this issue since time began for civilization. So my only solution to guns and crime in the cities is for municipalities to make their own laws in regards to this.

Me personally? I have no issue with Chicago and its gun laws. Its obvious in the results that they are failing....but its their city and if they want to run it into the ground, that is their prerogative. I DO have issue with Decatur,IL being forced to follow the whims of Chicago via its effect on voting on state law due to its population. But since I don't live in IL, i dont' sweat it too much.

I think, personally, that you are wise to look at Regional Economy as differentiated from National Economy, or even State Economy. It makes more sense to determine what a "living wage" is in more local areas, and ask that businesses step up to provide that for their employees, not on a National Standard, but on one that matches the local economy. New Yorkers need $15/hour to barely scrape by, whereas someone in rural Oklahoma needs far less. Agreed!

If you choose to live in Marfa, Tx, you are choosing a spartan life. If you earned $15/hr, where on Earth would you spend it?

Thank you for the compliment. Its nicer than what most people call me. LOL

I do think that its ridiculous for people working 40+ hours per week to need food stamps and entitlement programs on top of that. And I do think healthcare has not been "fixed" with the ACA, but that it took a lurch forward into a more humane direction. I would like to see it made truly affordable for everyone, and that having a health problem didn't mean having to sell everything you own, or going without food or heat to pay for your insurance bill...

My 2 biggest issues with healthcare: 1. the penalty for not participating kills poorer families who need their tax free loan to the government (aka "tax return") in full each year to survive. That time of year is when parents might finally be able to afford to have that tooth removed that causes them to miss work, or maybe be able to give their kids some more expensive baubles like a computer to connect to the outside world. Being poor in the city isn't the same as being poor in the country. 2. insurance regulation is a state responsibility. Uncle Sam has no right meddling in this. But you are right....ACA did not fix healthcare. And it'll only get worse next year (as if my doubled premiums weren't already killing me).

As to the protestors, fear and anger beget fear and anger...for every action a reaction, and I worry about the reaction to the protests themselves if people don't find a leader to focus their emotions and pull them into positive, productive action and reduce the level of fear...

Funny thing about the protestors: I have yet to see a single protest. No one i know in the area has either. This, again, seems like a city problem for city folk to deal with. Both parties forgot all about rural America. Its been a looog time since much consideration has been given to our daily struggles. Our jobs supporting major industry like Detriot has all been sent to China. Our faith is under attack (although i am not christian...but you get my drift). Our towns sit rotting as people leave to find work in the cities. The life I was raised in is dying.

I get that there is fear. Its an all out culture war it seems.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
They need to expand the Secret Service and all these liberal bastards need to do some hard time in some sh$thole Federal Pen!
edit on 12-11-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: to put the $ in #.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
In my town I am seeing the opposite.. the town I live is pretty much whites and mexicans and thats it and I have already seen racist graffiti downtown.. the local mexican market has "bye, bye spics" written on the side of it.. Mexican neighbors of mine have said people have started making comments to them. In the schools here I've heard that some mexican kids are getting harrassed by their fellow students. Atleast before trump people would be semi civil to eachother but now people think they have a pass to just say whatever they want and let their hatred spill out. I am not defending the liberals either though.. I'm not a liberal myself but I go by what I see an experience . I think the protestors that are causing damage to things and attacking people are idiots and are doing nothing good to their cause.. but don't act like all trump supporters are gods angels.

Also all through this thread all I see is posts about violence to trump supporters.. what about all the stories all over the internet of muslims and other minorities being harrassed? People yelling "grab em by the pussy" at women? Muslim and latino students on college campuses being harrassed and even assaulted? I am seeing just as much stories about these kind of things as I am seeing about violent trump supporters. All kinds of people on twitter and instagram..etc have posted pictures of hate graffiti and such things..But I suppose a lot of you think all the ones about trump supporters being uncivil are media lies and the stories about liberals breaking things are the absolute truth.
edit on 12-11-2016 by idiedinatimemachine because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2016 by idiedinatimemachine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: gladtobehere

I see a 2012 The Hill article asserting as you have his call for Revolution, which they claim was deleted.

Apologies. If their claim was true, which given the media's hatred for him because of his birther stance could have been made up, I find it equally distasteful.

But you said he he called for violence. That wasn't asserted anywhere.

www.dictionary.com...

They seem to be twisting a call for revolution as a calls for rebellion. Whatever suits their rationalizations, self-justifications, and propaganda in general... business as usual with these tools.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Your sadness is empowering. Believe me.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join