It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

I Didn't Realize How Bad It Was

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

what if most of them don't identify with a political party...are they still "liberals"?

Do you see how silly that statement sounds to someone outside the Glass House of Partisanship?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

...but whiny ass liberals think they can over turn an election and get their way if they cry loud enough and long enough.

Your first mistake is believing this is whining. This isn't about poor sportsmanship

Your second mistake is thinking that these people are stupid enough to believe that they can over turn the election

Right now I am at the point that I hope these losers keep protesting every single night, because it gets them out of their parents basements and they are able to get some fresh air, which they sorely need.

Partly true. Why are they in their parents basements do you suppose?

Your third mistake - believing that they're unintelligent losers

I hear the rationalizations in this thread, and all the doubling down. Denial will get you nowhere. The protests might get worse before they get better

The Donny (or his twitter fixer) says he admires their passion? Right after he says how unfair they're being? Like I said - watch what's happening right in front of your own eyes
edit on 11/12/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

95% of our landmass contains about half of the supporters for the convervative platform. The remaining 5% contains our cities. Two completely different life experiences needing 2 completely different sets of laws to meet their daily needs. And one over reaching Federal government that steps all over all of it.

Thats what is wrong here. If we were less centralized, none o this would really be this divisive because it wouldn't matter as much.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

...but whiny ass liberals think they can over turn an election and get their way if they cry loud enough and long enough.

Your first mistake is believing this is whining. This isn't about poor sportsmanship

Your second mistake is thinking that these people are stupid enough to believe that they can over turn the election

Right now I am at the point that I hope these losers keep protesting every single night, because it gets them out of their parents basements and they are able to get some fresh air, which they sorely need.

Partly true. Why are they in their parents basements do you suppose?

Your third mistake - believing that they're unintelligent losers

I hear the rationalizations in this thread, and all the doubling down. Denial will get you nowhere. The protests might get worse before they get better

The Donny (or his twitter fixer) says he admires their passion? Right after he says how unfair they're being? Like I said - watch what's happening right in front of your own eyes

I hope they do get more and more... and I hope they are peaceful, that is their constitutional right.

I also hope the minute they vandalize or burn crap, they are locked up.

If the situation were reversed and it was Trump supporters, my feelings would be exactly the same.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

This is whining.... they aren't so much protesting Trump, as they are protesting that they can't overturn a legal and lawful election and have Hillary as their president.

They only have one solution to their dilemma, and that is to overturn the election and have their candidate put in place. That is a extremely weak position because it is never going to happen.

So yes, protesting about something you can not change and offering the only solution to your problem that you are protesting about is to overturn an lawful and legal election because you are not happy with the results is whining.

I hope the protests do get more and more and louder and louder... and I hope they are peaceful, that is their constitutional right.

If the situation were reversed and it was Trump supporters, my feelings would be exactly the same.

edit on R222016-11-12T11:22:06-06:00k2211Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R222016-11-12T11:22:52-06:00k2211Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I'm praying in my own way for restraint myself. They've had no time to organize - and anger makes it's own path sometimes

There can be no violence - it's unacceptable

Exactly right - and fair in your thinking

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

This is whining.... they aren't so much protesting Trump, as they are protesting that they can't overturn a legal and lawful election and have Hillary as their president.

This is your opinion - it tells me this is how you need to see this in order for it to make sense

They only have one solution to their dilemma, and that is to overturn the election and have their candidate put in place. That is a extremely weak position because it is never going to happen.

They know this isn't possible

So, what we're left with is people (including yourself) that can't understand what it means to protest. This is like a vote of no confidence. Is that something you can more easily understand?

...If that is not whining, I do not know what is.

What you're doing right now is whining. Because people are not satisfied with the same things that satisfy you - and you wish they would stop making you feel uncomfortable

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Metallicus

Really? Because I never saw any support for Obama at all from the conservative camp so don't be angry the rest of us aren't rolling over and letting a sexual predator con man as our president.

I didn't like Obama, but I never beat anyone up or called for him to be killed. If you don't see the difference I can't help you.

There were unending calls for Obama to be assassinated when he was elected , and many of them were full blown organized plots.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Two completely different life experiences needing 2 completely different sets of laws to meet their daily needs.

I see it differently

Should we have two constitutions? Should we have two Bibles too? Two golden rules? One for the country mice - and one for the city mice?

Our life experiences are not that different once you get away from geography and the superficial things that make up our daily lives

Freedom, security - work...food, water, shelter - beauty, love - sleep...family, friends - children

The Federal government is only the enemy if you believe that a State government is automatically more honest and more fair

Are there no rural minorities? Are urban folk all liberal?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Really? Because I never saw any support for Obama at all from the conservative camp so don't be angry the rest of us aren't rolling over and letting a sexual predator con man as our president.

I didn't like Obama, but I never beat anyone up or called for him to be killed. If you don't see the difference I can't help you.

There were unending calls for Obama to be assassinated when he was elected , and many of them were full blown organized plots.

en.wikipedia.org...

Assassination is wrong.

You know that it looks very much like you are saying that since people were talking about assassination Obama, that somehow makes it okay to talk about assassinating Trump.

It does not.

I do not ever want to see again a scenario where a 5 year old child has to have their parents explain to them why the President was assassinated like my parents had to do with me.

EDIT: I bet a vast majority of the protesters are against the death penalty when a person has been tried, convicted and sentenced in a court of law, but yet they call for the death penalty against a man who hasn't even been to court or anything else. The irony of that is saltier than the tears of the most devoted of Hillary supporters.
edit on R452016-11-12T11:45:00-06:00k4511Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Now I see it...we are fighting pure evil, fascists on the left

OK...But what are we fighting on the right?

North Carolina KKK group to hold 'Victory Parade' for President-elect Donald Trump
www.nydailynews.com...

Watch: Pa. high school students holding Trump sign yell 'white power'
www.bostonglobe.com...

Students at Michigan middle school chant 'build that wall' following Trump win
www.foxnews.com...

Muslim Prayer Hall Vandalized With “Donald Trump” And “F*** Muslims” Graffiti
www.buzzfeed.com...

* The above is story is repeating itself all over the country right now.

Jared Halbrook, 25, of Green Bay, Wis., said that if Mr. Trump lost to Hillary Clinton, which he worried would happen through a stolen election, it could lead to “another Revolutionary War.”

“People are going to march on the capitols,” said Mr. Halbrook, who works at a call center. “They’re going to do whatever needs to be done to get her out of office, because she does not belong there.”

“If push comes to shove,” he added, and Mrs. Clinton “has to go by any means necessary, it will be done.”

www.nytimes.com...

* Absent your ability to examine the issue in a non-partisan way, you OP smells of propaganda..

edit on 12-11-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

en.wikipedia.org...

Assassination is wrong.

We agree.

You know that it looks very much like you are saying that since people were talking about assassination Obama, that somehow makes it okay to talk about assassinating Trump.

Nope...responded to several claims on the first few pages saying that there wasn't talk of assignation from the right wing when Pres. Obama won. That is false and untrue and frankly BS to sell a partisan view.

We are sufficiently divided where this was going to occur regardless of who won.

To claim it is solely a phenomena of the left or right is BS.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

what if most of them don't identify with a political party...are they still "liberals"?

Do you see how silly that statement sounds to someone outside the Glass House of Partisanship?

Having seen multiple interviews with protestors...Many of them are not fans of the Democrats. They blame Democrats for Trumps rise as much as Republicans.

We have something new emerging.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

en.wikipedia.org...

Assassination is wrong.

It does not.

I do not ever want to see again a scenario where a 5 year old child has to have their parents explain to them why the President was assassinated like my parents had to do with me.

EDIT: I bet a vast majority of the protesters are against the death penalty when a person has been tried, convicted and sentenced in a court of law, but yet they call for the death penalty against a man who hasn't even been to court or anything else. The irony of that is saltier than the tears of the most devoted of Hillary supporters.

No, it really doesn't look like Indigo is trying to say that. It looks like Indigo was responding to someone who claimed conservatives as a whole have some sort of moral superiority in the context of protesting the election results and Indigo pointed out that many, many conservatives talked about assassinating Obama during his presidency. In particular, Indigo was responding to this:

"I didn't like Obama, but I never beat anyone up or called for him to be killed. If you don't see the difference I can't help you."

I am curious. Did you not read the context, or did you simply choose to ignore the context because it didn't favor your narrative?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

This is your opinion - it tells me this is how you need to see this in order for it to make sense

They know this isn't possible

So, what we're left with is people (including yourself) that can't understand what it means to protest. This is like a vote of no confidence. Is that something you can more easily understand?

...If that is not whining, I do not know what is.

What you're doing right now is whining. Because people are not satisfied with the same things that satisfy you - and you wish they would stop making you feel uncomfortable

I obviously disagree with you even though you were addressing someone else...and I'll tell you why...simply. You are sugar coating all this and trying to make it sound thought-out and logical. It isn't.

Listen to the words of the "protesters" and look at their actions. It doesn't matter if they wear duck suits and claim to be migrating...if they beat people while saying "You voted for Trump"...if they vandalize Grandma Jones' house while yelling "RACIST" and if they vandalize Police cars while crying "What do we want...DEAD COPS"...THAT is who they are, and why they are there. These people aren't "protesters", they are anarchy, hate and criminals.
edit on 11/12/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Having seen multiple interviews with protestors...Many of them are not fans of the Democrats. They blame Democrats for Trumps rise as much as Republicans.

We have something new emerging.

Definitely

The tea party meant to change everything - and it did. What have we got now?

The left might well be on it's way to doing the same thing. I think this blame game is childish myself. This need to recreate the wheel over and over again. If it's not working - someone is to blame, but we're talking about all of us, so...

Maybe it is necessary? It's hard to tell until we all get further away and can look back. What I see is that this world is up against it - and that includes everyone. Resources, geography - climate, economics and circumstance. Alliances are being made and the stresses of things that are obvious but don't feel obvious to us because we're busy with our day to day lives...we think we can have better lives through better politics

I know this is way off topic - but, we really are someplace different right now - and history shows that this seems to happen from time to time . I thought this guy sounded ridiculous a few months ago. Rethinking that now:

Allan Lichtman uses a historically based system of what he calls “keys” to predict election results ahead of time. The keys are explained in-depth in Lichtman’s book

As for the real reason for Trump's win, Lichtman says the blame can't be put on Hillary Clinton or her campaign — rather, he says, it was decided by the larger forces that shape American politics.

“The Democrats cannot rebuild by pointing fingers at Hillary Clinton and her campaign, which as the Keys demonstrated, were not the root cause of her defeat,” he said. “The Democrats can rehabilitate themselves only by offering an inspiring progressive alternative to Republican policies and building a grass-roots movement.”

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Two completely different life experiences needing 2 completely different sets of laws to meet their daily needs.

Going to have to disagree Tex

Should we have two constitutions? Should we have two Bibles too? Two golden rules? One for the country mice - and one for the city mice?

Our life experiences are not that different once you get away from geography and the superficial things that make up our daily lives

Freedom, security - work...food, water, shelter - beauty, love - sleep...family, friends - children

The Federal government is only the enemy if you believe that a State government is automatically more honest and more fair

Are there no rural minorities? Are urban folk all liberal?

Going to have to disagree with you also. We live in states for a reason. Originally, a break down of differing lifestyles, morals and values. We also used to be so few that our representatives could actually represent us. The farmers were represented, the business owners were represented, the slave owners were represented, etc. We do better living with those that share our beliefs. Look at how some liberal blacks want their "own white free space" on campus.

I would love to experiment by dividing the country into the left and right and allow each to govern themselves as they wish with no interference by the other. But better yet would be to do the same by state. If you don't approve of gay marriage, but like to fly the confederate flag...there is a state oriented to you. If you think the government should collect all the money and provide everything people need...there is a state for you.

The same as I run my household as I see fit, decorate it as I like and all...why not do the same at the state level? When you make soup, it is just as important what you DO put in as what you DON'T put in. If you throw everything in one pot...its gonna taste like crap.

edit on 11/12/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

The farmers were represented, the business owners were represented, the slave owners were represented, etc. We do better living with those that share our beliefs.

Look at how some liberal blacks want their "own white free space" on campus.

Disconnect complete

I wonder - do you see those two things as being unrelated?

ETA: Oooh - what a giveaway

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

....To Protect the Country From Enemies Foreign and Domestic . That Oath will be Tested in the not to Distant Future for Law Enforcement .

here we go....first convince trump supporters that all liberals are their "enemies"...that way you separate "them" vs. "us"....it makes it easier for the government to imprison liberals, so that people on your side will have a clear conscience. it's all in Mein Kampf and it's been translated into English. it's the bible for dictators

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

new topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join